Sponsored

2015 Gt Mustang Premium - Tail Light Issue

Mustangguy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt Mustang Premium
I have a 2015 Gt Mustang and the back led tail light goes out and comes back on if I turn the car off and back on. It’s only 1 led in each tail light the driver side middle light and passenger outer light. Sometimes the driver tail light side will go out and sometimes both will at the same time but if I turn the car off and back on it will usually come back on. It might go a couple days without doing it. I saw some people talk about maybe flashing the Body Control Module. Has anyone heard of this issue?
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I have a 2015 Gt Mustang and the back led tail light goes out and comes back on if I turn the car off and back on. It’s only 1 led in each tail light the driver side middle light and passenger outer light. Sometimes the driver tail light side will go out and sometimes both will at the same time but if I turn the car off and back on it will usually come back on. It might go a couple days without doing it. I saw some people talk about maybe flashing the Body Control Module. Has anyone heard of this issue?

What you are seeking is in Post # 25 of this thread:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/tail-light-out-then-back-on.101551/page-2

2 more items of mention for you:

1) If the vehicle is still under the 3/36 bumper to bumper OR an extended Ford ESP plan, any taillight malfunction is covered by warranty. The same applies for Ford TSB or SSM’s, they revert to warranty provisions and work/replacement is free of charge. If the vehicle is out of warranty, an existing TSB or SSM is performed at Dealer discretion and depending on Dealership, you can be charged for parts/labor. If you feel you should not be charged, contact the Ford 800# and refer them to the TSB or SSM to prove it was an existing issue and sometimes they will work with you.

2) If the vehicle is out of warranty or the part won’t be repaired under warranty provisions - the 2015-2017 rear taillights can be had for $500 for a pair on this site in the classifieds section OR expect to pay about $200-$300 per light depending on who’s selling. Also you can look these up on eBay - there’s a TON of them for sale ranging anywhere from $150 each upwards of the Ford retail of $800-$900+.

Don’t pay retail for any S550 rear taillight....

The tails are LED operated by internal circuit board inside of the light assembly.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Just went through this. Driver side middle tribar stuck on brake light mode. $135 to flash BCM and nada. Bought a set off a member here and that fixed the problem.
Sponsored