2015 GT Audio System Build v.1

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW
Cant wait to hear how you like the IDs... Ive always heard good things about them!
Sponsored

OP
OP
essque

essque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Thanks! I still haven't had the time to swap the Scosche dash kit so I havent had ac/heat or a defroster for a month but the car has been in the shop so much lately it hasn't been too bad. But it sucks to have to reinstall although it should be done this week along with the subs. It will be a delight when I finally get to enjoy this car lmao. I still have an extra Zapco 2 channel amp that I'd like to power another set of coaxials but I dont know where to put the amp or speakers. The spare tire well is filled and there's no place for more speakers without custom fabwork.

Awesome equipment list, and nice looking install!
Cant wait to hear how you like the IDs... Ive always heard good things about them!

OP
OP
essque

essque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
The freaking subs didn't fit in the Zenclosure box so I had to scramble to find a prefab sealed box locally. They sound damn good, incredible actually (big improvement) but I think I'm going to have a small vented box custom made to see if I can squeeze out a little more low end spl. Very happy though, these are fabulous sounding subs and they only weigh 35lbs a piece. I'll report back to the 3 ppl checking this thread. On a side note, those Sundown 8's battled bigger than their weight class. I'm still amazed at their output. The only issue was that I had to really raise the volume to make them hit hard.

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW
The freaking subs didn't fit in the Zenclosure box so I had to scramble to find a prefab sealed box locally.
Man thats too bad... Quick suggestion if you haven't sent the box back already... since the v2 boxes come with a recessed mounting ring, you could make some rings out of 3/4" MDF that fit inside the recess and then mount the speakers on those to move them out and get the clearance you need. You'd have to pretty up the rings with carpet or bedliner spray, but at least the whole box would fit and look like it belonged in your car...

OP
OP
essque

essque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Thank you for the advice! I will definitely give that some thought because it is a nice box and it's not worth the hassle of returning. I was also thinking of building a birch ported box while using the zenclosure one as a template for fitment. I'll see what I can come up with. One thing leads to another...
Sponsored