Sponsored

2015 Ford Mustang gt (p0300) engine misfire. !!!!!!UPDATE!!!!!!! More issues (p0300,p0316) HELP PLS

Robert3487

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I actually just came to this section to post this very same issue. Mine has been doing this ever since the headers were installed. I assumed it was related to that but apparently it isn't lol.

" despite the fact that I have occasional misfires that are cutting the power, luckily it lasts less than a minute and the performance returns to the normality. "

This is exactly my issue. The car is very strong but I only drive this car a couple times a week I would say once every couple of weeks I will get an engine light and reduced power. The car seems to have no issues at all until I get a random engine light, I've seen this more frequently if I am downshifting for some reason. maybe I will also replace the plugs and coils, easy place to start i guess.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Sean4m

Sean4m

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang Gt premium
I actually just came to this section to post this very same issue. Mine has been doing this ever since the headers were installed. I assumed it was related to that but apparently it isn't lol.

" despite the fact that I have occasional misfires that are cutting the power, luckily it lasts less than a minute and the performance returns to the normality. "

This is exactly my issue. The car is very strong but I only drive this car a couple times a week I would say once every couple of weeks I will get an engine light and reduced power. The car seems to have no issues at all until I get a random engine light, I've seen this more frequently if I am downshifting for some reason. maybe I will also replace the plugs and coils, easy place to start i guess.
I still haven’t come too figure out the issue, my car does have new plugs, if it was a cool would be a cylinder specific code you would think. I’m leaving toward either just getting really bad gas or my injectors are maxing out. According to my tuner he can’t even see the misfire even when the code popped up. Cleared it a few weeks back been making sure I’m getting good fuel and haven’t had a issue so far. If it comes back my next investment is Is injectors and pull the plugs and check gaps then coils.

Mambruh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I actually just had this happen but only got a P0316. Fuel economy dropped drastically. I only use one shell station in town for gas (91) here in AZ. My normal mechanic is in Phx but I don’t know if i can afford to drive the car that far with this code which is about 120 miles from Tucson. Do you guys think it’s drivable that far with this code. The shop is really the only one I trust with my performance vehicle.

OP
OP
Sean4m

Sean4m

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang Gt premium
I actually just had this happen but only got a P0316. Fuel economy dropped drastically. I only use one shell station in town for gas (91) here in AZ. My normal mechanic is in Phx but I don’t know if i can afford to drive the car that far with this code which is about 120 miles from Tucson. Do you guys think it’s drivable that far with this code. The shop is really the only one I trust with my performance vehicle.

Hey if you can hear a misfire or feel the car running bad I wouldn’t risk it. If you don’t hear a misfire and the car seems okay just drive it softly and don’t mash in it until you can get good gas or a fuel treatment. I would check if you have water in your gas is common here in ny.

Mambruh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hey if you can hear a misfire or feel the car running bad I wouldn’t risk it. If you don’t hear a misfire and the car seems okay just drive it softly and don’t mash in it until you can get good gas or a fuel treatment. I would check if you have water in your gas is common here in ny.
I appreciate it. I don’t here the misfire starting up at all and it still sounds and drives well. I haven’t driven much except to go get tires and stuff put on. It’s getting checked out by my guys on Monday. So hopefully I’ll see then. I’m rarely in sport mode and definitely don’t beat this thing up. I’m hoping it’s just a spark plug issue since I haven’t replaced em since late 18’ before I start adding some engine mods and new tune.

Sponsored

MRI204

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sebastiano
Vehicle(s)
MY2006 roushcharged and MY2020 Bullitt L2061
hello every one, any news?
today I experienced a loss of power under acceleration while the moror light was flashing ... back home I do an obd2 reading and find P0300… MY2020 Bullit

npole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt 2019
hello every one, any news?
today I experienced a loss of power under acceleration while the moror light was flashing ... back home I do an obd2 reading and find P0300… MY2020 Bullit
After 3 inspections on mine, they finally decided to change the coils on the affected cylinders, the problem got reduced (a lot) but not eliminated. We agreed with the shop to monitor the situation and eventually changing all the remaining coils (I have an appointment in two months). Since the swap (happened 6 months ago) I've only had two power-cut issues (while before the coil changes it was happening every now and then).

Sponsored

MRI204

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sebastiano
Vehicle(s)
I realized now that you are from Italy too! Where are you from?

anyway thanks for the update! in August 2021 I ran into a full tank with impurities and I had to change 8 injectors + the high pressure pump which was nailed and since it is not foreseen, I had an additional fuel filter installed near the rail....
luckily by suing the distributor company I got the compensation for the damages...
probably since I haven't changed it since then it will be saturated and therefore the necessary petrol will no longer pass... I will do this test!

D13B3D46-FB19-4895-8B6D-92D24518A790.jpeg

7BBAFFE8-35A5-45AE-93BF-A883462A24EF.jpeg

npole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt 2019
I live in Spain, but I'm from Naples!
I said coils.. but yeah, I meant injectors, and that's probably what happened to mine. I'll let know the shop, asking to change them all. I'm not sure if they will be willing to install any third party filter as the car still on warranty.

npole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt 2019
I wanted to give more updates about this.. it didn't get solved (it's a long time now). Now they decided to keep the car until the issue is fully solved coz I already returned it like 5 times for the same reason (and all they did was messing with it via software). Now they have decided to change all the coils (not the injectors).. who know how it will end.

npole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt 2019
They changed the coils and it made no difference. They said they made some measurement and figured there's brief electric interruption coming from the PCM, so they decided to swap the whole PCM...

MRI204

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sebastiano
Vehicle(s)
I hope you can fix it at some point!
I would have already taken the car elsewhere and taken another one!
I'm thinking of selling my Bulla to upgrade to a GT350.... I heard her singing and she bewitched me!
Sponsored