Sponsored

2015 base GT--need sirius help

forango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
OK, so I have tried to read through the searches that came up but none of it gave me my answer

I have a 2015 GT base model and 6 speaker shaker stereo that I just purchased used(which is why I am asking a newb question. LOL)...I want to have sirius without having the stupid sirius radio addition...I want to be able to use it on the factory stereo(or any dash stereo)

My question is...since these have been out for a while now, is there a way to use the new sirius adapters to make the factory stereo compatible?

OR, are there any aftermarket compatible replacement stereos available yet? Crutchfield was no help

Josh
Sponsored

mlevans1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
i was able to find a unit that plugs into the USB and works pretty well for SAT radio. Its not perfect, but works. I think it was around $200 when i bought it, so not cheap. I have it laying around as im going other routes, if your interested in it.

Mattwood440

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Base, Performance Package
OR contact a member named OEMradio. He can give you all factory equipment to swap out your entire radio, called the audio control module (ACM). You'll still have the base screen and everything else but you can switch to sirius like it was just another source. You just need to supply the sirius antenna which I have sitting on the rear shelf. He quoted me $250 less than a year ago

mlevans1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Dam didn't know you could add it like that...I upgraded to the sync 2 unit from OEMRadio...great guy to deal with

Sponsored

OP
OP

forango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
i was able to find a unit that plugs into the USB and works pretty well for SAT radio. Its not perfect, but works. I think it was around $200 when i bought it, so not cheap. I have it laying around as im going other routes, if your interested in it.

Does this just sit in your center console then? do you have any pics of it in your car?

i am very interested...I don't really mind the factory stereo..my aftermarket sub took care of the weakness soundwise.

mlevans1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Does this just sit in your center console then? do you have any pics of it in your car?

i am very interested...I don't really mind the factory stereo..my aftermarket sub took care of the weakness soundwise.
It can be put wherever you want it. I hard wired mine in the kickpanel area and ran the USB to the usb under the start button. Can be ran to the usb in the center console too.

mlevans1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
and no pics, sorry, the only thing you see is the usb plugged in...and you wouldnt see anything if you ran it to the center console.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Try this:

Sign up for the Sirius Streaming trial subscription (30 days), d/l the Sirius app for iPhone or Android - sigh into it and stream via Bluetooth to the head unit in the car.

OR

Pay for a Sirius Streaming subscription - d/l the app for iPhone or Android, log into your Sirius app account and stream it via Bluetooth to the head unit in car...

There IS a difference in the Sirius Streaming account vs a Sirius "radio" account:

1) Sirius Streaming is mobile only; use of the Sirius app and can be listened to anywhere WITHOUT the user having to have a stand alone Sirius radio or car head unit.

2) Sirius Streaming can be added to any existing RADIO account, for $4.00 extra per month - so you can access Sirius from a stand alone radio AND anywhere with the Sirius App via your mobile or computer device.

3) If a user purchases the Sirius "All Access" package, the Sirius Streaming is included as well as the radio subscription.

4) if you already have an existing Sirius Radio Subscription, based on any plan below the Sirius All Access plan, the Sirius Streaming is NOT included.

Last edited:
OP
OP

forango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Try this:

Sign up for the Sirius Streaming trial subscription (30 days), d/l the Sirius app for iPhone or Android - sigh into it and stream via Bluetooth to the head unit in the car.

OR

Pay for a Sirius Streaming subscription - d/l the app for iPhone or Android, log into your Sirius app account and stream it via Bluetooth to the head unit in car...

There IS a difference in the Sirius Streaming account vs a Sirius "radio" account:

1) Sirius Streaming is mobile only; use of the Sirius app and can be listened to anywhere WITHOUT the user having to have s stand alone Sirius radio or car head unit.

2) Sirius Streaming can be added to any existing RADIO account, for $4.00 extra per month - so you can access Sirius from a stand alone radio AND anywhere with the Sirius App via your mobile or computer device.

3) If a user purchases the Sirius "All Access" package, the Sirius Streaming is included as well as the radio subscription.

4) if you already have an existing Sirius Radio Subscription, based on any plan below the Sirius All Access plan, the Sirius Streaming is NOT included.

Yeah at first I started just streaming it with my Iphone, but changing stations is a PIA and I found myself not watching the road much. LOL..might as well be texting and driving.

thanks for the idea though

Sponsored

Mattwood440

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Base, Performance Package
Yeah at first I started just streaming it with my Iphone, but changing stations is a PIA and I found myself not watching the road much. LOL..might as well be texting and driving.

thanks for the idea though
I did that for awhile a couple years ago and thought the sound quality was terrible, too. Maybe it's improved

OP
OP

forango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I did that for awhile a couple years ago and thought the sound quality was terrible, too. Maybe it's improved
the sound quality was actually pretty good, but the usability while driving was not there.

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
I am still trying to fathom why in the world Sirius wasn't included on the base model. My GF's base Escape has friggin Sirius for crying out loud.
Sponsored