Sponsored

2015-2016 Tech Pack and Base GT350 Cooler Solution Discussion

TRACK CRAZY GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT, 2010 VW GTI, 2016 Mustang GT350
I fear this will fall to the wayside with a recall on virtually every Shelby made to date. The fix for the recall isn't even on the radar until at least first quarter of 2017. If a mass recall takes this long how long will something like this take?
I think the difference is that the trans cooler fix has been in the works for a long time now and is due to be released in one to two weeks. The recall has just been announced.
Sponsored

Last edited:

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
106 pages later and still nothing from Ford, i'm under the impression that we'll never see the light at the end of the tunnel. :rant:

I must say that they're very good at giving us the run around.

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
With the way people tend to lose their minds over anything posted on the internet I do not blame them. Ford knows that whatever they release needs to be fully vetted and ready before they post anything official. These cars have been on the road for less than a year and we already have people with pitchforks at their gates.

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT350 Tech/Track hybrid, 2016 FPRS Car#17
I think the difference is that the trans cooler fix has been in the works for a long time now and is due to be released in one to two weeks. The recall has just been announced.
It is in the works unless they just realized the coolers are improperly constructed.

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
Im trying to figure out what to do about my gt350. I dont want to track it because it doesnt have the coolers yet and not the safety recall. So ive been talking to some buddies about rigging out own cooler kit up.

Sponsored

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered all the parts for the DIY kit for the tranny kit. The last parts showed up yesterday.

Dropping car at shop to have it installed in the next few weeks....not waiting any more.

Daytona Track day is early December. Want to be ready for it!!!!

stshoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Avalanche w/Black Stripe and roof, tech pack
Ordered all the parts for the DIY kit for the tranny kit. The last parts showed up yesterday.

Dropping car at shop to have it installed in the next few weeks....not waiting any more.

What shop are you using?

TRACK CRAZY GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Can you give us a list of parts you ordered. Part number, Manufacture ect.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
It is coming up on 7 weeks since our mass call in to Ford Performance. At that time the kit was 6-8 weeks out from being released. Will we really ever hear that they have a cooler kit for the GT350? I suggest that we get ready for another mass call in at 8 weeks which will be November 7th. If there plan is to think that the cooler issue will slowly go away we have to let them know they are wrong. :(
Sorry, I know this post is going to sound bitter, but take it for what it is. My guess is with everything else going on right now, this has been pushed way down the priority list. If it ever really was a priority at all. I really don't see that another phone call campaign is going to do anything. I wish you guys luck though. Who knows, maybe they'll surprise you guys.

TRACK CRAZY GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 COOLER KIT IS NOW AVAILABLE FROM FP

I talked to Ford Performance this morning and was told that the GT350 cooler kit is now available. I received an email shortly after talking to them on how to order the kit. I am not sure what the kit includes but was told the pump would not be included. They also told me that 6 AN lines would be needed. Price was $695. I am waiting to here back on exactly what the kit includes.

Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
I talked to Ford Performance this morning and was told that the GT350 cooler kit is now available. I received an email shortly after talking to them on how to order the kit. I am not sure what the kit includes but was told the pump would not be included. They also told me that 6 AN lines would be needed. Price was $695. I am waiting to here back on exactly what the kit includes.
Thanks TC. Appreciate the info.
It's still not on the website.
If it doesn't include the pump or lines, what kind to f-ing kit is it? 6 lines??
(I conceptualized one from trans to pump, one from pump to cooler, one from cooler to trans.)
How'd you get that email- I thought I was on some list but apparently not.
Again, appreciate the info :cheers:

TRACK CRAZY GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks TC. Appreciate the info.
It's still not on the website.
If it doesn't include the pump or lines, what kind to f-ing kit is it? 6 lines??
(I conceptualized one from trans to pump, one from pump to cooler, one from cooler to trans.)
How'd you get that email- I thought I was on some list but apparently not.
Again, appreciate the info :cheers:
After talking to them this morning they asked for my email address and I received an email questioner on how to order. They also suggested a nearby Ford Performance dealer that was capable of doing the job.

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
If it doesn't include the pump or lines, what kind to f-ing kit is it? 6 lines
Exactly, this is a joke, all this time for a half ass kit, seriously hope this was a typo in your email TC !!!

Thanks for the info anyways TC. :thumbsup:
Sponsored