Sponsored

2015-2016 Shelby GT350/GT350R Mustang Orders Placed (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2015+ Shelby GT350/R Mustang did you order

• Total voters

Ven0r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, 2016 Focus RS, 2013 Raptor
For those that do not understand production lines and manufacturing lines, you do not make changes in a matter of of days. It is obvious that the only production change will come for the 17 models. Hence the marketing advertisement of the 17 model changes.
I'm pretty sure it will not take days of change to replace some parts in a tech pack car to those of a track pack car. There is no difference in the production line, just different parts depending on how the car is optioned.

I'm not saying they're making any changes, just that it would not be that hard to do.
Sponsored

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
I'm pretty sure it will not take days of change to replace some parts in a tech pack car to those of a track pack car. There is no difference in the production line, just different parts depending on how the car is optioned.

I'm not saying they're making any changes, just that it would not be that hard to do.
You've obviously never seen an automotive production line. Gearing up suppliers, making changes in programming and the just-in-time parts delivery systems on the line, inventory control, training, modifying existing orders, etc., would take weeks, if not months.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack

Its really not that simple. Any type of change (small or large) need to go through an engineering change board. This can take weeks/months since a change of this type would not only impact production, but there would be a hit on gross margin for a large majority of the cars sold, they would need to check with tremec if they have ample supply of the transmissions with pumps, they would also have to evaluate the scrap/restocking fees associated with the unused transmissions without pumps. Then they need to check if they have all of the coolers/lines/etc, in which case they might need to renegotiate purchase contracts for higher volumes. Assuming all of this is approved, then they need to update the entire ERP system, obsolete the non-pump transmissions, update the build sequence travelers, etc

Then they would need to evaluate the potential PR flak and uproar it will cause with every order already sold that a select group are getting free parts and an overall option package that they are not. And almost every one of these steps would need a multitude of sign offs by manufacturing, product managers, finance, and likely executives for a car already in full production. So it's really a lot more than just "hey put those on those cars also", especially when MY16 production ends in less than 3 months and the problem likely impacts <10% of all tech pack cars. Not an impossible feat, just not an easy one.

Last edited:

cneighbor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I just placed my order two weeks ago with a Ford dealership in the Bay Area. With 2017 orders supposedly starting next month or May, what's a realistic time frame to take delivery on a 2016 GT350 ordered in February? June?

SgtMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350 DIB Track Pack, 03 Whipple Cobra (sold)
Just placed my order today for a 2016 DIB track pack. I was told about 90 days. Can't come soon enough!

Sponsored

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
I just placed my order two weeks ago with a Ford dealership in the Bay Area. With 2017 orders supposedly starting next month or May, what's a realistic time frame to take delivery on a 2016 GT350 ordered in February? June?
I ordered mine in The Bay and it is coming was wayyyyy faster than I expected. I don't know if it has to do with the fact that the dealership put in a stock order back in November but I went to the dealership on 1/30 to take that allocation. Since their order wasn't pulled yet, they let me take it and change the order to my specifications. Once I changed the order and put my deposit down, they said they changed the order to the highest priority. So I'm not sure if it counts as ordering in November or January but it was built on 2/29 and it should be here next week. So less than 2 months from the date I walked into the dealership to my order to delivery. My salesman just told me that it was the fastest they've had a GT350 delivered so far.

aopen33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT350 Tech Package
I don't know if it me just being impatient, but I have been sitting at the produced stage for 3 weeks now watching other people getting their cars shipped. FML haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
I don't know if it me just being impatient, but I have been sitting at the produced stage for 3 weeks now watching other people getting their cars shipped. FML haha
Mine's been sitting 200 miles away at the trucking company for more than a week. No matter how fast some parts of the process move, someone will step in and slow everything down for no apparent reason. :frusty:

aopen33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT350 Tech Package
Mine's been sitting 200 miles away at the trucking company for more than a week. No matter how fast some parts of the process move, someone will step in and slow everything down for no apparent reason. :frusty:

Gawd that's even worse than what I am experiencing. Sorry for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

526AmF

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Avalanche Gray, Tech pkg, White stripes
stuck in the middle again?

Sponsored

swedensky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lariat 3.5, 2016 GT350
Go pick it up with someone from the dealer. I do it all the time for customers instead of waiting for a truck to make the last leg, because they usually have other stops to make.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I placed an order for a '16 R a couple weeks ago. I asked the salesman several times if he had an allocation for an R and he told me yes and still unsure I asked if he would confirm with regional rep and later that day he told me yes he did and took my order. So I have a order confirmation number and that's all. Now, is there any way to tell from that order number where I set in the scheme of things, or is there any order involved with that number? Just trying to get the ball rolling because if in fact there is no R coming, I'm shooting for a lightning blue 17

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
Go pick it up with someone from the dealer. I do it all the time for customers instead of waiting for a truck to make the last leg, because they usually have other stops to make.
Don't have to! The world's dirtiest Race Red GT 350 Tech just arrived at the dealer, after being loaded and unloaded correctly, and it appears to be in great shape. I should own it later today, after only 10+ months of waiting. :headbang:

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I take it the overall quality is now better? No boogers?
Sponsored