Sponsored

2015-2016 Shelby GT350/GT350R Mustang Orders Placed (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2015+ Shelby GT350/R Mustang did you order

• Total voters

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
The way my guy made it sound was Ford had put a halt on production of all tech during the month of March(ish) and have now rescheduled my Tech for April.

If I wanted my car done in March I would have had to change my order to a Track pack.

One could certainly take that to imply that the new tech cars coming out built from April on will have coolers, or maybe a solution...or possibly they just stopped producing tech cars for the month of March...or maybe my guy is an asshat...the latter I choose not to believe.

I'll keep everyone updated as to the condition of my car when it arrives...
Sponsored

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Or they could be short on certain tech related parts...or clustering manufacturing so only track packs/Rs are being made

But speculation is much more fun!
Well, whatever way you look at it...it is all speculation. You have made much speculation in your post.

As mentioned in my first post, no idea what it means, I just know my car finally has a build date and thought I would share the words passed to me from my dealer...although if I was a betting man...i'd probably bet on your speculation...the dealer he was leaning towards the other way...

No idea how in the 'know' he is; however, we don't have many SVT dealerships out here where I live.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Sorry, i meant speculation about coolers since that is a hot topic

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry, i meant speculation about coolers since that is a hot topic
Yeah, my dealer has led me to believe, that he believes, they stopped production for a fix. Whether that was coolers or another solution.

That being said, no one flat out told him 'we are adding coolers to all tech cars from April forward'. So he could be selling me a line too.

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
With my Tech Package car due at the dealer at any moment, I'm obviously pretty interested in finding out more about this situation right now. Running on the track was only a small amount of my interest in owning this car, but if Ford is turning the Tech Package into an orphan by trying to convert orders to Track Package cars - plus changing the equipment lineup for the 2017s to correct a mistake on the most track-capable Mustang ever built - that could result in a poor reputation and lower longterm value for '15-'16 Tech Packages. I'm not willing to take that hit on Ford's behalf.

Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I wonder if they are simply switching to the track transmission with the pump built in to make the cooler retrofit easier

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wonder if they are simply switching to the track transmission with the pump built in to make the cooler retrofit easier
This is a curious thought. I couldn't imagine Ford adding the coolers on to 2016 Tech cars without adding on an additional cost. I could see someone doing the above though and then offering the coolers in the parts mag.

Hermz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
350R
This is a curious thought. I couldn't imagine Ford adding the coolers on to 2016 Tech cars without adding on an additional cost. I could see someone doing the above though and then offering the coolers in the parts mag.
Exactly, if the retrofit was for free then I would want a free SYNC 3 upgrade for my Track Pack. We all had to sacrifice somewhere.

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Exactly, if the retrofit was for free then I would want a free SYNC 3 upgrade for my Track Pack. We all had to sacrifice somewhere.
And that is exactly the back and forth I would assume Ford would want to remain free of. Or, I would if I was Ford.

How hard would it be to put in a SYNC 3 into a Track Car? I imagine not easy.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
And that is exactly the back and forth I would assume Ford would want to remain free of. Or, I would if I was Ford.

How hard would it be to put in a SYNC 3 into a Track Car? I imagine not easy.
Doesnt matter, if a single person gets free stuff, I want free stuff too. Can't be giving away preferential free stuff otherwise I will feel the bern. Free for all or free for none, who is with me?

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
And I had to pay a lot more for the ability to get both in a '16 *R. What do I get for free? If I knew you'd be able to get both in a 17 non-r, I wouldn't have paid this extra money (why aren't we hearing that argument yet?). I hear the audio sucks - I know other cars in this price range sound pretty darn good - how about an audio upgrade?

This is painful.

In a seriousness - I know you guys are hopeful but there's nothing to suggest what Ford is actually doing. I know they pumped out a lot of Tech package cars - perhaps they are just gearing up to do a round of Track cars? Could be anything.

aopen33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT350 Tech Package
My tech packaged car was produced 2/23 and it had not had movement since then. I noticed that track pack cars built after mine have already been shipped. I wonder what they are doing to my car? Maybe it wasn't released for shipment due to this "fix" you guys are talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drainey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt 350, magnetic with white strip
My tech packaged car was produced 2/23 and it had not had movement since then. I noticed that track pack cars built after mine have already been shipped. I wonder what they are doing to my car? Maybe it wasn't released for shipment due to this "fix" you guys are talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My tech car had a blend date of 2/22 and was built 2/25. Came of the rail car today at noon and released to the car hauler. Should be a dealer 3/10 or at the latest 3/11. Dealer will not say what day it will be ready. They need to see it first. Not sure what this tech is all about but I will wait to see. Maybe some one at the track attack or demo rums will get some info.

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
The way my guy made it sound was Ford had put a halt on production of all tech during the month of March(ish) and have now rescheduled my Tech for April.

If I wanted my car done in March I would have had to change my order to a Track pack.

One could certainly take that to imply that the new tech cars coming out built from April on will have coolers, or maybe a solution...or possibly they just stopped producing tech cars for the month of March...or maybe my guy is an asshat...the latter I choose not to believe.

I'll keep everyone updated as to the condition of my car when it arrives...
I have talked with Ford Performance and multiple U.S. dealers, and no one can confirm any change in the way Tech Package cars are being produced. In addition, as has been posted elsewhere, Ford definitely is working on an add-on cooler package for the Tech Package cars - but timing and pricing are not yet determined.

Tech Package cars represent about 60% of total GT 350 production, and IMHO, any change in production levels of the Tech will be due to something expected, such as ramping up the production of the R models. I also think it's crazy to assume that Ford would make a running change as significant as adding coolers to Tech cars this close to the end of the 2016 production run - especially without announcing an increase in the MSRP to cover it.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
I have talked with Ford Performance and multiple U.S. dealers, and no one can confirm any change in the way Tech Package cars are being produced. In addition, as has been posted elsewhere, Ford definitely is working on an add-on cooler package for the Tech Package cars - but timing and pricing are not yet determined.

Tech Package cars represent about 60% of total GT 350 production, and IMHO, any change in production levels of the Tech will be due to something expected, such as ramping up the production of the R models. I also think it's crazy to assume that Ford would make a running change as significant as adding coolers to Tech cars this close to the end of the 2016 production run - especially without announcing an increase in the MSRP to cover it.
For those that do not understand production lines and manufacturing lines, you do not make changes in a matter of of days. It is obvious that the only production change will come for the 17 models. Hence the marketing advertisement of the 17 model changes.
Sponsored