2015-17 Mustang GT Ford Performance Power Packs

fewt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'd like confirmation too...this would save me close to 500 dollars if I did it myself. Should I call local dealer or where would I find out?
The performance parts site has a chat option, I threw a lot of questions at them before I pulled the trigger. They were great.
Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I'd like confirmation too...this would save me close to 500 dollars if I did it myself. Should I call local dealer or where would I find out?
Here you go:

https://performanceparts.ford.com/warranty/include/pdf/Select_Parts_Warranty_Statement_2015.pdf

"Performance Packs and Components are warranted for factory-supplied material or workmanship when correctly
and completely installed on a late model Ford vehicle by an authorized Ford or Lincoln Dealer, Shelby American,
Inc., mountune LLC or an automotive service technician certified by the Institute for Automotive Service
Excellence (ASE). This Performance Packs and Components Limited Warranty begins upon installation and
registration of the part(s) with Ford Performance and remains in effect for the balance of 36 months or 36,000
miles / 60,000 kilometres, whichever occurs first, calculated from the start date of the manufacturer's New Vehicle
Limited Warranty.
Installation of these select Ford Performance and mountune warranted performance packs and
components by an authorized installer will NOT void your New Vehicle Limited Warranty. Engine, driveline
and suspension concerns not caused by the use of Ford Performance or mountune parts remain eligible for
warranty coverage according to the terms of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty."

Hope that helps.

BustedKnuckle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP
Anyone with PP3 get a revised tune?

Jim Bronson

Red One
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Coupe Six Speed
I just got back from the speed shop that installed my PP2 upgrade. The first big thing I noticed is that the engine braking is far less abrupt than it was before, and I'm loving that. I thought it would be more abrupt, not less, and so I was pleasantly surprised.

As far as the cold rev hang issue, I won't be able to report on that until tomorrow.

More good news: The speed shop didn't charge me for the flash. Good guys down there.

Stay tuned for more .......

Keith_PDX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/PP
I just got back from the speed shop that installed my PP2 upgrade. The first big thing I noticed is that the engine braking is far less abrupt than it was before, and I'm loving that. I thought it would be more abrupt, not less, and so I was pleasantly surprised.

As far as the cold rev hang issue, I won't be able to report on that until tomorrow.

More good news: The speed shop didn't charge me for the flash. Good guys down there.

Stay tuned for more .......
How about the jerky throttle around 3500rpm?

Sponsored

Eljay52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium, MT, Ford racing x-pipe Roush Phase 2.
? Revised tune

I've had pp1 for a few months. I have rev hang and some throttle jerkiness. I spoke to FP last week. He told me someone was testing a revised tune and would give them feedback. He told me to call him tomorrow. I'll post what he says. I don't know if he meant a revision for pp1 or pp2. Some problems seem the same with both tunes. My pp2 is on order from Levittown.

ssj92

Photon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT California Special
Here you go:

https://performanceparts.ford.com/warranty/include/pdf/Select_Parts_Warranty_Statement_2015.pdf

"Performance Packs and Components are warranted for factory-supplied material or workmanship when correctly
and completely installed on a late model Ford vehicle by an authorized Ford or Lincoln Dealer, Shelby American,
Inc., mountune LLC or an automotive service technician certified by the Institute for Automotive Service
Excellence (ASE). This Performance Packs and Components Limited Warranty begins upon installation and
registration of the part(s) with Ford Performance and remains in effect for the balance of 36 months or 36,000
miles / 60,000 kilometres, whichever occurs first, calculated from the start date of the manufacturer's New Vehicle
Limited Warranty.
Installation of these select Ford Performance and mountune warranted performance packs and
components by an authorized installer will NOT void your New Vehicle Limited Warranty. Engine, driveline
and suspension concerns not caused by the use of Ford Performance or mountune parts remain eligible for
warranty coverage according to the terms of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty.
"

Hope that helps.
Yes! I'm assuming this also applies to a Ford ESP. I'll be ordering a PP2 soon. :thumbsup:

BTW, to PP2 owners: After installing the PP2, was the car noticeably louder?(Assuming everything else including exhaust is stock).

oldboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Yes! I'm assuming this also applies to a Ford ESP. I'll be ordering a PP2 soon. :thumbsup:

BTW, to PP2 owners: After installing the PP2, was the car noticeably louder?(Assuming everything else including exhaust is stock).
Intake noise at WOT is considerably louder (deeper tone). Exhaust may be too, but to my ear it is overwhelmed by intake. Personally, I would like a bit less. I think a fully contained air filter housing would be more subdued. I'd bet that is one of the changes that we will see in the 2018 model. The PP2 is nice, but has rough edges that would not be appealing in the base GT for most buyers. FFR had higher hurdles to meet to achieve 50 state environmental regs than the independent tuners. I think that GM forced Ford's hand with their latest Camaro to offer more competitive HP, at least to those of us who are interested. For the 2018 model Ford has more dials to tweak in design.

For folks here most PP2 trade offs are acceptable, I think. Especially if the latest tune gets the throttle response issue improved. The most noticeable improvement with the FFR tunes installed in my 2008 and 2011 GT's was throttle response (and eliminating first to fourth forced shift at partial throttle in one of them). PP2 and PP3 are significantly more aggressive.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
That means they are going the wrong way! The engine braking was almost perfect.

Sponsored

THE_AHJ

AuthorityHvngJurisdiction
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
Metrolink

Here you go:

Limited Warranty.
warranty coverage according to the terms of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty."

Hope that helps.
Well I just re-read the line above and the bolded item has me confused, if I'm reading this correctly, in order to keep the New Vehicle Limited Warranty the installer must be authorized (ASE, I'm assuming). I'll chat with the Ford Performance guys this morning to see if I get a different story.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Well I just re-read the line above and the bolded item has me confused, if I'm reading this correctly, in order to keep the New Vehicle Limited Warranty the installer must be authorized (ASE, I'm assuming). I'll chat with the Ford Performance guys this morning to see if I get a different story.
It's awkwardly worded, but the owner of a vehicle is always an authorized installer of things to the vehicle even though the owner might not be an authorized installer of the third party parts being installed. Of course, if failure occurs because of your own workmanship nobody else's warranty will cover it.

I think some of is difficulty separating the third party "Ford Performance" parts being installed with the OE Ford build. Have this whole conversation again and change "Ford Performance" with "ACME Co." keeping in mind the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.

Jim Bronson

Red One
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Coupe Six Speed
That means they are going the wrong way! The engine braking was almost perfect.
I guess that's a preference issue. Personally, I was getting tired if being thrown against the seat belt in city driving when accelerating in a lower gear and then having to quickly decelerate. I know that I could reduce the effect by modifying clutch usage, but it is hard to change after 30+ years.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
I guess that's a preference issue. Personally, I was getting tired if being thrown against the seat belt in city driving when accelerating in a lower gear and then having to quickly decelerate. I know that I could reduce the effect by modifying clutch usage, but it is hard to change after 30+ years.
It's easier if you leave your foot just slightly on the accelerator. Don't press it, just don't take your foot all of the way off.

Keith_PDX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/PP
It's easier if you leave your foot just slightly on the accelerator. Don't press it, just don't take your foot all of the way off.
Yeah that's safe! :eyebulge:

I heel toe everywhere and it's not optimal or desirable in its current configuration or with your method. I got the tune today from Ford. I will load it up tonight. Hopefully they got it right! :ford:
Sponsored