Sponsored

2015-17 Mustang GT Ford Performance Power Packs

mustangman101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premuim
I wouldn't touch anything until you meet with that service manager and insist on a new inlet tube. They quoted a service and damaged the vehicle in the process, it's on them to make it right.
I'm not going to, I text him and am going to meet with him tomorrow morning first thing.
Sponsored

B0SS603

@dib_5.0
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacques
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Well at least he could fit the hose so he didn't have to hack up the cover! Glad he did that right.
That's the problem with cutting it back a bit too far. It adds stress to that L tube going into the intake. The design on that is complete crap. I did the same thing when I installed it myself and broke that tube. Ended up replacing the entire intake from LMR for about $250. Which was cheap compared to anything I could find from dealer or elsewhere which was $300+.

mustangman101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premuim
That's the problem with cutting it back a bit too far. It adds stress to that L tube going into the intake. The design on that is complete crap. I did the same thing when I installed it myself and broke that tube. Ended up replacing the entire intake from LMR for about $250. Which was cheap compared to anything I could find from dealer or elsewhere which was $300+.
So did you get it routed without cutting the cover or breaking the L tube? Can you snap a pic and post it or pm me so I can see how/where you placed the T fitting

B0SS603

@dib_5.0
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacques
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So did you get it routed without cutting the cover or breaking the L tube? Can you snap a pic and post it or pm me so I can see how/where you placed the T fitting
No, I ended up having to trim the cover a bit but it looks clean. I'm happy with it now.
20161224_151723.jpg
20161224_151729.jpg

Sponsored

StrongFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, MT, Deep Impact Blue, 401A
No, I ended up having to trim the cover a bit but it looks clean. I'm happy with it now.
Nothing says you need to use the stock 180 degree quick connector.

I'd suggest pulling that quick connector out and replacing with a 45 degree connector like this, then reroute your hoses. I'd think you could find these at most auto parts stores.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/rnb-800-124?seid=srese1&cm_mmc=pla-google-_-shopping-_-srese1-_-dorman&gclid=CjwKEAiAtefDBRDTnbDnvM735xISJABlvGOvxw7eSYyI51eH0bQbXRbGSijwG-kTjrshVW2vv-RRTBoCBFHw_wcB

TorkN8R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Ingot Silver Auto W/3.55's
Nothing says you need to use the stock 180 degree quick connector.

I'd suggest pulling that quick connector out and replacing with a 45 degree connector like this, then reroute your hoses. I'd think you could find these at most auto parts stores.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/rnb-800-124?seid=srese1&cm_mmc=pla-google-_-shopping-_-srese1-_-dorman&gclid=CjwKEAiAtefDBRDTnbDnvM735xISJABlvGOvxw7eSYyI51eH0bQbXRbGSijwG-kTjrshVW2vv-RRTBoCBFHw_wcB
Dude! Thats it! You just solved this entire freaking issue. This is what Ford Performance should have included with the kit in the first place.

"Trim the engine cover as required" what a load of crap from FP.

Heres where I'm at with mine. I just went to the Ford dealer here in CA Bay area. I ordered a new line that was required to be cut for the ""T" install. Special order of course. Comes from Detroit. $ 13.95. Part # FR3Z-9E498-A, it replaces the motion control valves actuator vacuum line. Can you belive that? Only $13.95 shipped and delivered.

Then I went to the auto parts store and got a 3/8" inline splice fitting to use on the brake vac line that does the 180 degree turn into the side of the infamous "T" fitting. I'll use that to extended that hose enough to get this entire connection out of the way of the engine cover conflict.

Now I'm going to order this 45 degree fitting that you just showed from Summit Racing.

Then redo the connection the way it should have been done in the first place.

Then order a new engine cover that I ruined with Ford Performance suggestion.

Thanks very much for finding and suggesting this fitting. I hope this helps everyone as well.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I ordered that part number to return my car to stock and what arrived wasn't even close to the line that was cut. Hope you get what you're looking for.

StrongFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, MT, Deep Impact Blue, 401A
Dude! Thats it! You just solved this entire freaking issue. This is what Ford Performance should have included with the kit in the first place.

"Trim the engine cover as required" what a load of crap from FP.

Heres where I'm at with mine. I just went to the Ford dealer here in CA Bay area. I ordered a new line that was required to be cut for the ""T" install. Special order of course. Comes from Detroit. $ 13.95. Part # FR3Z-9E498-A, it replaces the motion control valves actuator vacuum line. Can you belive that? Only $13.95 shipped and delivered.

Then I went to the auto parts store and got a 3/8" inline splice fitting to use on the brake vac line that does the 180 degree turn into the side of the infamous "T" fitting. I'll use that to extended that hose enough to get this entire connection out of the way of the engine cover conflict.

Now I'm going to order this 45 degree fitting that you just showed from Summit Racing.

Then redo the connection the way it should have been done in the first place.

Then order a new engine cover that I ruined with Ford Performance suggestion.

Thanks very much for finding and suggesting this fitting. I hope this helps everyone as well.
Just double check the diameters are correct first. The one I linked is a 3/8" x 3/8" connector which I'm guessing, but they do come in other sizes too.

I can't wait to see if that works out and gives you the clearance needed. If nothing else it's an inexpensive experiment. Good luck.

B0SS603

@dib_5.0
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacques
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered that part number to return my car to stock and what arrived wasn't even close to the line that was cut. Hope you get what you're looking for.
Parts dept told me that the ONLY way to get the hosing is to order the entire stock intake manifold (I just wanted to have new houses for if I ever needed to go stock). Prior to that they ordered something for me that we thought may have been the piece but it ended up being some small hosing. Good luck.

Is your car still running rough? I'm loving this PP2 personally.

Sponsored

TorkN8R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you freakin kidding us...WTF. I was at the dealer and saw the part on the computer. I came home and went to the ford part site, looked it up myself. It shows that hoses assmbly all the way back to the control valve accutator.

Figures! I should have quessed it was to good to be true for a $10.00 part.

I can tell you this...I love the performance of the car but all this crap just isn't worth it. I wish I never touched it.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I can tell you this...I love the performance of the car but all this crap just isn't worth it. I wish I never touched it.
Man, making me have second thoughts on installing it.

TorkN8R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Man, making me have second thoughts on installing it.
Allow me to re-phase! I wish I would have known then what I know now. The product is fine. Its the horse shit way that they have you cut into the hose and add the "T" and then when your done...telling you to hack/chop/cut/grind on your engine cover that has me pissed off.

There is clearly a better way to do this with a few extra piece and or some more detailed instruction then were given. Follow me?

The performance of thar is fine with my install. I saved $$$ on the purchase that I now have to spend restoring some cut hoses and an engine cover.
Sponsored