Sponsored

2015-17 Mustang GT Ford Performance Power Packs

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
You would want to cut the line on the driver side of the engine relatively far back but that would force the line from the passenger side to take a sharp 180* turn. My suggestion is to get some hose and straight connectors and bring the T-connection outside of the perimeter of the engine cover. Then you can run the tubes just like the were stock as they pertain to their orientation near the engine cover, and deal with the T-connection in a more open area.
Trying to get a mental image on this but brain is saying nope it's Friday.
Sponsored

Brookshire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Auto, Guard Green
Anybody download tune and get check engine light. Tried clearing it,stays on crankshaft relearn crap
You need to turn on the relearn in ProCal 3 and rev up our engine over 4000 rpm several times. This should clear it. If not, you need to use the ProCal3 to read the error codes to see if there is some other conditions that caused it.

mustangman101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premuim
Yea, service manager said that they can clean it up to make it look better.... not what I want to do

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
They broke it, they can get a new part... simple. For them, that GT350 intake is like... $100.

mustangman101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premuim
Thats what I told the service manager. He wants me to bring the car to him Monday so the parts guy knows what to order

TorkN8R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Ingot Silver Auto W/3.55's
Oh S^*T!

Sorry for that man, that freakin sucks. I'd be pissed if I was you. More pissed than I am at FP having me hack my engine cover.

I feel for you man! Trust me...not trying to pile on here but that looks like a
"FrankinBlob" If the dealer won't fix and sounds like he probably won't.

Heres an idea if you don't want to drop $100 + on a new intake tube. Take off the intake tub, Get some two part black epoxy and re-coat that nipple and then when its set up good, sand it smooth. If you have too, mask off and hit it with some flat black.

Not an ideal situation but just an idea.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT

Sponsored

mustangman101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premuim
Oh S^*T!

Sorry for that man, that freakin sucks. I'd be pissed if I was you. More pissed than I am at FP having me hack my engine cover.

I feel for you man! Trust me...not trying to pile on here but that looks like a
"FrankinBlob" If the dealer won't fix and sounds like he probably won't.

Heres an idea if you don't want to drop $100 + on a new intake tube. Take off the intake tub, Get some two part black epoxy and re-coat that nipple and then when its set up good, sand it smooth. If you have too, mask off and hit it with some flat black.

Not an ideal situation but just an idea.
I thought about just sanding it down smooth to the tube surface and putting a metal L fitting in there with the same connection to the hose, turn it towards the driver side fender more and run the hose that way

Ambrotos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Package
Well at least he could fit the hose so he didn't have to hack up the cover! Glad he did that right. How do you like the difference in power?

mustangman101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premuim
Well at least he could fit the hose so he didn't have to hack up the cover! Glad he did that right. How do you like the difference in power?
Didn't hack the cover, thats good....just broke the damn vacuum fitting off pushing the cover back on....

The power is nice...car feels like sport mode in normal mode. Pulls hard all the way up....haven't revved past 5500ish....this is how the car should have felt from factory imho

I already got a different vacuum hose and put it on cause its not as thick on the fitting.... hopefully gives a little more clearence when they replace the tube

StrongFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, MT, Deep Impact Blue, 401A
I thought about just sanding it down smooth to the tube surface and putting a metal L fitting in there with the same connection to the hose, turn it towards the driver side fender more and run the hose that way
I wouldn't touch anything until you meet with that service manager and insist on a new inlet tube. They quoted a service and damaged the vehicle in the process, it's on them to make it right.
Sponsored