Sponsored

2015-17 Mustang GT Ford Performance Power Packs

bigjohns97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 401a M6 RR
Welp, just dropped her off for a PP2 install and 170 tstat, installed borla touring on Monday and changed the oil over to Penn ult plat last night.

Can't wait to pick her up later on today.

How are you guys confirming if you are getting the old tune or the new tune?
Sponsored

THE_AHJ

AuthorityHvngJurisdiction
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
Metrolink
I'm assuming majority of us are on initial tune that came with a kit. A lucky few have contacted FP and requested the updated tune be sent being that they were experiencing issues with either rev-hang or pinging. I'm on the initial tune and don't have any of those issues but I thought I would check with FP just for the heck of it. Here's the transcript.

Matt says:
Hello THE_AHJ. The updated calibration is not available for the public yet. A few customers received it for testing purposes, but we are no longer sending them out. The updated calibrations will be available for download in approx 1 week. They are in the process of getting them certified and uploaded to our servers as we speak.
THE_AHJ says:
That is awesome news. I will wait for it. Do you know if it will be emailed or do we need to check a specific location on your site?
Matt says:
We will likely have a banner on the website, or on our facebook page about it. Once it is available, you will need to go through the ProCal 3 software, return your car to stock, download the calibration, and install it.
THE_AHJ says:
Awesome! Thank you sir.
Matt says:
You're welcome.

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
I'm assuming majority of us are on initial tune that came with a kit. A lucky few have contacted FP and requested the updated tune be sent being that they were experiencing issues with either rev-hang or pinging. I'm on the initial tune and don't have any of those issues but I thought I would check with FP just for the heck of it. Here's the transcript.

Matt says:
Hello THE_AHJ. The updated calibration is not available for the public yet. A few customers received it for testing purposes, but we are no longer sending them out. The updated calibrations will be available for download in approx 1 week. They are in the process of getting them certified and uploaded to our servers as we speak.
THE_AHJ says:
That is awesome news. I will wait for it. Do you know if it will be emailed or do we need to check a specific location on your site?
Matt says:
We will likely have a banner on the website, or on our facebook page about it. Once it is available, you will need to go through the ProCal 3 software, return your car to stock, download the calibration, and install it.
THE_AHJ says:
Awesome! Thank you sir.
Matt says:
You're welcome.
heloooo buddy.

even i had chat with Ray in FRPP. He said he is wishes its out this week but worst case it will be out by next.

He said there is no change to tune except for rev hang which he said is not happening to everyone.

So u retune only if u have issues or else ignore it

Rich of So Cal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem/auto - triple yellow convert
heloooo buddy.

even i had chat with Ray in FRPP. He said he is wishes its out this week but worst case it will be out by next.

He said there is no change to tune except for rev hang which he said is not happening to everyone.

Good to know. I have no issues, so I don't really want to mess with the tune if I don't need to. :headbonk:

THE_AHJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
Metrolink
heloooo buddy.

Good to know. I have no issues, so I don't really want to mess with the tune if I don't need to. :headbonk:
:amen:, if your tune isn't broken no need to try and fix it.

Sponsored

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
So if I have an uninstalled FRPP2 kit, I should wait until the revised tune is out to install it ?

THE_AHJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
Metrolink
Yes, no point in doing double work to load the new revised Tune. Per the tech, you'll need to flash the OEM factory Tune first anyways before you can load the new revised Tune.

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
Yes, no point in doing double work to load the new revised Tune. Per the tech, you'll need to flash the OEM factory Tune first anyways before you can load the new revised Tune.
so u seee... awesomenessssss hehehe

jcovaltine

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

Sucks you need to flash it back to stock before you can flash the new tune. My laptop wasn't working properly the day I was getting it installed. The dealership flash it with there computer. But now I don't have my original tune. :headbonk:

slag1911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
Sucks you need to flash it back to stock before you can flash the new tune. My laptop wasn't working properly the day I was getting it installed. The dealership flash it with there computer. But now I don't have my original tune. :headbonk:
I did not have to return to the stock tune. I just flashed the revised tune over the original PP2 tune. YMMV.

Sponsored

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
So if I have an uninstalled FRPP2 kit, I should wait until the revised tune is out to install it ?
I'm in the same boat...I was going to install this weekend. I installed the ProCal tool on my laptop last night and ALMOST downloaded the tune, but didn't.

I guess I will wait until the new tune is released so that I will lessen the chance of any issues.

So will they announce the tune on their FB page? This one?
https://www.facebook.com/FordPerformance/

Where, though...what section(s)?

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I didnt have to flash back to the stock tune. I just uploaded the revised tune and it took about 90 seconds. I checked for codes and was good to go. The whole process was less than 5 minutes. Didn't even need the battery charger.

Rich of So Cal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
That sucks. I was lucky. I had the dealer flash on their computer, but gave them my FR account info and password and they did it with my account, so I would have the tune still available to change later, if necessary. I know this won't help you...but anyone having it done should consider asking. Probably not all dealer mechanics would agree to do it, but mine was very accommodating. :ford:

jcovaltine

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
That sucks. I was lucky. I had the dealer flash on their computer, but gave them my FR account info and password and they did it with my account, so I would have the tune still available to change later, if necessary. I know this won't help you...but anyone having it done should consider asking. Probably not all dealer mechanics would agree to do it, but mine was very accommodating. :ford:

I did create the FR account which they did use. But I just don't have my original tune. However people are saying you don't need the original tune so looks I can just go into procal and reflash it myself.

Rich of So Cal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
I did create the FR account which they did use. But I just don't have my original tune. However people are saying you don't need the original tune so looks I can just go into procal and reflash it myself.
I haven't actually checked, but they told me they saved the original tune on the account. That was the whole point of doing it.

But, hopefully, it is true that going back is not necessary, especially since I am not having any problems.
Sponsored