16 Mustang V6 6-speed
yup you got it
Sponsored

WhyNot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang V6 6-speed
if you want to hook up to the airbox with out the rubber hose you will need the 4-3.5 on that end. I tested it out that way before i decided to go OEM stock rubber hose.

ktodd1989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium Performance Pack / 2016 Ecoboost Premium

s550v6

Mike
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6
So I have a few numbers for you guys but no pictures...so take this information how you will:

0-60 with 3.15 gears - Auto - Sport mode

6.4 sec on stock 235 Goodyears
5.6 sec on 225 WS80 Blizzaks

I am not sure how much of this is the environmental conditions ( I assume a lot ), the throttle body, or the intake pipe ( which still tapers to 3in by the throttle body ), but those are the numbers I have on my WOT runs clocked by the car itself. If nothing else, it shows there is some performance on the table to be had by tweaking the throttle body and intake pipe. I am working on the pictures of the setup and the numbers still and a quick shoutout to Fordguys550 for making a beautiful intake for me!

Sponsored

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
out of curiosity, were these runs made in the same location, and in similar weather?

and the biggest question, is the diameter of the tires the same? because if your running smaller than stock diameter tires, it throws off the readings...

what size tires were used on both tests?

s550v6

Mike
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6
out of curiosity, were these runs made in the same location, and in similar weather?

and the biggest question, is the diameter of the tires the same? because if your running smaller than stock diameter tires, it throws off the readings...

what size tires were used on both tests?
Ahhh didn't even think about the tires That throws everything off...the stocks were 235/50r18 and the ones I did the second test on were 225/45r18

Dam now I'm bummed hahaha

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
that means they are shorter for sure. that will throw off the numbers a few tenths. id be willing to bet you still picked up .5...only real way to find out is put the other tires on...or, put the intake stuff back to stock and try again. also, you added the kn panel filter too right?

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
Anybody want to buy my 80mm tb and alum adapter? $125 shipped. Need some money asap. Pm me

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
I finally got all the stuff needed (except for the bolts and paint), but the 4" to 3.5" reducer to connect the stock airbox to my 3.5" pipe is too big for the airbox. So thats a bummer. I'm going to go to Jegs at some point and pay their high price for a coupler that works :-(

Sponsored

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
So I got it all wrapped up, took it for a spin around the block (cant do much more than that) and wow, the engine feels more responsive. I'm stock without a tune, have a pedalmax and GT exhaust.

I used the included vacuum line hookups and kept everything as stock as possible. I also kept the intake fins. I dremeled about 2mm inward on all of top side fins and that was enough for the throttle plate to clear (while using the adapter). I didn't touch the bottom side fins at all. The throttle plate opens from the top and never gets close to the bottom ones, even at WOT.

Now, I am a bit concerned with how the TB gaskets and adapter plate all seat. I may have just torqued things differently, I was trying to be careful, I cant hammer down on the TB bolts that go into the adapter, that will strip the threads on this 3D material. I tried to go around in circle and get everything even, but maybe that didn't happen. Can those who used the adapter plate check on if mine seated like theirs?

I hear a wisp noise, but it sounds like its from the intake manifold. I sprayed starting fluid around the gasket area's and the idle didn't jump any. So I don't think I have any vacuum leaks. I'm just curious if this is normal. If so, then at least we have a pic of it so future installers know what to expect.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
So I got it all wrapped up, took it for a spin around the block (cant do much more than that) and wow, the engine feels more responsive. I'm stock without a tune, have a pedalmax and GT exhaust.

I used the included vacuum line hookups and kept everything as stock as possible. I also kept the intake fins. I dremeled about 2mm inward on all of top side fins and that was enough for the throttle plate to clear (while using the adapter). I didn't touch the bottom side fins at all. The throttle plate opens from the top and never gets close to the bottom ones, even at WOT.

Now, I am a bit concerned with how the TB gaskets and adapter plate all seat. I may have just torqued things differently, I was trying to be careful, I cant hammer down on the TB bolts that go into the adapter, that will strip the threads on this 3D material. I tried to go around in circle and get everything even, but maybe that didn't happen. Can those who used the adapter plate check on if mine seated like theirs?

I hear a wisp noise, but it sounds like its from the intake manifold. I sprayed starting fluid around the gasket area's and the idle didn't jump any. So I don't think I have any vacuum leaks. I'm just curious if this is normal. If so, then at least we have a pic of it so future installers know what to expect.
Looks like you have a bit to much torque on the TB side and not enough on the intake side. I would loosen up the TB bolts and tighten the intake bolts some more (if possible). While that will still seal, it shouldn't be flexing that much.

Btw: I now have about 1500 miles on my polished metallic plastic spacer with no coating. It's been through rain, snow, 20 degree weather, and 75 degree weather so far without any issues.

Bbrillon998

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 (Ruby Red)
So what size tube is that and where did you buy it from ? I've got to do this now because I've yet to choose a tube and couplers LOL. Im just confused are two 3.5 couplers a good fit for the stock air box and the gt throttle body ?

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
The bottom bolt on the driver side is too long. It was pushing up against the plastic manifold and not pulling the TB against the adapter, rather is was causing the adapter to follow the threads and was pushing itself away. I dremeled that bolt down about 2mm and it seals better (thought I had the threading ok, but apparently was goobered up somewhere, when I started to push through the adapter, 3D material shavings came out...still holds well...but oops).

Now I have an odd whining noise that increases with RPM (sounds kind of like a supercharger). I'm thinking it's one of the belts that got starting fluid on it. But starting fluid shouldn't impact anything.... letting it run for a bit to see if it goes away.

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
So what size tube is that and where did you buy it from ? I've got to do this now because I've yet to choose a tube and couplers LOL. Im just confused are two 3.5 couplers a good fit for the stock air box and the gt throttle body ?

This is the one that user Whynot found. I ordered a 3.5 straight coupler and a 4" to 3.5" for tube to hook into the stop airbox. This was too big, so I cut the coupler down to the spot where it starts reducing the size. I wast then able to stretch it over the airbox inlet.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-3-...lUyUvD&vxp=mtr
Sponsored