Sponsored

$200 8 inch headunit Amazon

nancy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang Ecoboost
Hey Guys,

Anyone try this $200 headunit off amazon? it is through amazon prime, so gives me some confidence knowing i can return it if its doa.

It looks solid and looks almost identical to the other 8 inch units from china, but i cant seem to get any specs on ram/storage/cpu to see if its the identical unit.

$200 bucks? very tempting!

https://www.amazon.com/Docooler-Dou...8-1-spons&keywords=mustang+touch+screen&psc=1
Sponsored

RedRyan98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Looks like the Tomtop unit. Plenty of info on here, just search for Tomtop and you'll find plenty of info.

I have one, its definitely a nice upgrade compared to the stock 4" screen but its definitely kind of buggy and not integrated very well. Check out youtube for some videos and see if its something you want to go with.

OP
OP

nancy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang Ecoboost
Looks like the Tomtop unit. Plenty of info on here, just search for Tomtop and you'll find plenty of info.

I have one, its definitely a nice upgrade compared to the stock 4" screen but its definitely kind of buggy and not integrated very well. Check out youtube for some videos and see if its something you want to go with.
thats what i figured,

Last edited:
OP
OP

nancy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang Ecoboost

Is there an 8 inch with the better specs (2gb ram) and running android 6?

Dont feel like desoldering my knobs for the 10 inch

MustangFrank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
I've had mine installed since may. I like it a lot and a definite improvement over the stock 4" unit. Mine is not buggy or glitchy (knock on wood). The nav feature works well and installation was not too hard. For $200 I think it's a good unit and I'd recommend

Sponsored

OP
OP

nancy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang Ecoboost
I've had mine installed since may. I like it a lot and a definite improvement over the stock 4" unit. Mine is not buggy or glitchy (knock on wood). The nav feature works well and installation was not too hard. For $200 I think it's a good unit and I'd recommend
but it doesnt have androidauto/carplay right?

so you have to use the baked in navigation app

MustangFrank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
but it doesnt have androidauto/carplay right?

so you have to use the baked in navigation app
Correct, no android auto or CarPlay. The nav app on the unit is what you have to use, although I think it works pretty well. For long trips I do use my Garmin just to be safe. The tomtop is not a premium unit but for $200 I can't complain!
Sponsored