20-22 Shelby GT500 Spare

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Sweet, now I can fill out that wide body rear quarter :rockon:

Thanks Mike an Tom for all your fact checking and such. I am happy to have one of these. All, I want is to get me back to my own garage home, and to avoid a tow if possible and this is the ticket.
Finally a sense of reason. That is what this spare is and what it will do for you.
Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
For anyone who needs the pieces to hold down the spare tire, her are the part numbers.

FE6723E0-728F-4947-85C5-217DC63C1AE4.jpeg

5C39EA52-2857-4F23-932E-F2E870326B10.jpeg

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
For anyone who needs the pieces to hold down the spare tire, her are the part numbers.

FE6723E0-728F-4947-85C5-217DC63C1AE4.jpeg

5C39EA52-2857-4F23-932E-F2E870326B10.jpeg
I see three components in that photo. How much do you want for the FL2087 in the photo?

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I got you if you need it.
Lol, I'm offering some out for those in need. Its a tough call, people you never heard of reach out with a few posts under their belt.

I stated "if I know you". But there was one guy who i dont know well who was an obvious participator and well known member. And that is what it is about. We are a clan of sort, a membership, a community. Im all about that, but anyone has to be just that.

Anyway, thanks for the offer. I was just messing with you in a friendly way.

Sponsored

jsg1518

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
none at the present
Hey guys I do have one more question about the spare kit. I asked the company and they didn’t know.
will the jack work on the 2020-2022 GT500 if you have installed jacking rails? They said they had no idea. They tested it only on older models.
I believe the jack cones with a groove for the pinched weld so it’s not for on top correct?

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
Hey guys I do have one more question about the spare kit. I asked the company and they didn’t know.
will the jack work on the 2020-2022 GT500 if you have installed jacking rails? They said they had no idea. They tested it only on older models.
I believe the jack cones with a groove for the pinched weld so it’s not for on top correct?
If you are talking about the Steeda Jacking rails, there jack might as the top is flat and the pinch weld is below the flat top: as seen HERE starting @ :54. I for one have the original jack that came with my '16 Cali Special, which I clearly know would not work with rails and I only purchased the spacer and tire only since I didnt need their jack or kit.

Melmark93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mel
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Kona/White stripes, 93 MarkVIII Vortech, 94 Mark VIII, 13 MKS Ecoboost
I bought a complete kit. The jack has 2 flat areas, at different levels, with a pinch weld slot in between. I would be really hesitant to use it on jacking rails without making up some type of
u-channel adapter to cradle the rail and a tab underneath to fit in the p-weld slot. (sort of
like a one leg football goal post).:crazy:

jsg1518

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
none at the present
If you are talking about the Steeda Jacking rails, there jack might as the top is flat and the pinch weld is below the flat top: as seen HERE starting @ :54. I for one have the original jack that came with my '16 Cali Special, which I clearly know would not work with rails and I only purchased the spacer and tire only since I didnt need their jack or kit.
thanks. I was looking at the BMR jacking rails. I assume it would work the same. Or I was gonna try and find a small portable jack that would work with the rails.

jsg1518

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
none at the present
I bought a complete kit. The jack has 2 flat areas, at different levels, with a pinch weld slot in between. I would be really hesitant to use it on jacking rails without making up some type of
u-channel adapter to cradle the rail and a tab underneath to fit in the p-weld slot. (sort of
like a one leg football goal post).:crazy:
That’s what I was thinking I would need

Sponsored
OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
That’s what I was thinking I would need
Or you could just get a lift puck (Like the ones for the corvette and wedge that between the jack and the rails so its flush, or a nice 2 x 4 square piece of wood will do to in a pinch.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I finally found a minute to get the spare mounted in the spare tire hole. You can't rush into these things, lol.

I started by removing the felt from the stock cover, cutting a hole for the mount and putting it on the floor of the spare tire hole.

tempImagen4bubb.jpg

tempImagec2wn0A.jpg

I used a 1" thick piece of foam to isolate the jack so as to not rattle around inside the spare.

tempImageAfBHQW.jpg

tempImageldlBgn.jpg

tempImagekDFJNn.jpg

tempImageeicJeO.jpg

I used the two tire hold down pieces that I posted previously to secure everything in place.

tempImagenOeG2L.jpg

I used some more foam to tuck the wheel spacer and jack tool in between the jack and spare (not pictured). I filled the tire to the required 60 psi and everything fit snugly but perfectly and allowed a flush fit with the stock cover.

tempImageXqGZNr.jpg

My Lloyd's mat was the finishing touch. Test drive resulted in zero rattling or noise.

tempImageYibkRW.jpg

I am very happy with how it all turned out, and I would recommend this kit to anyone who wants that peace of mind of having a spare on board.

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I finally found a minute to get the spare mounted in the spare tire hole. You can't rush into these things, lol.

I started by removing the felt from the stock cover, cutting a hole for the mount and putting it on the floor of the spare tire hole.

tempImagen4bubb.jpg

tempImagec2wn0A.jpg

I used a 1" thick piece of foam to isolate the jack so as to not rattle around inside the spare.

tempImageAfBHQW.jpg

tempImageldlBgn.jpg

tempImagekDFJNn.jpg

tempImageeicJeO.jpg

I used the two tire hold down pieces that I posted previously to secure everything in place.

tempImagenOeG2L.jpg

I used some more foam to tuck the wheel spacer and jack tool in between the jack and spare (not pictured). I filled the tire to the required 60 psi and everything fit snugly but perfectly and allowed a flush fit with the stock cover.

tempImageXqGZNr.jpg

My Lloyd's mat was the finishing touch. Test drive resulted in zero rattling or noise.

tempImageYibkRW.jpg

I am very happy with how it all turned out, and I would recommend this kit to anyone who wants that peace of mind of having a spare on board.
Jamie 1 question, there is 1 piece missing in the pictures and thats the crank, where is that in the well? I couldn't have mine sit flush with the crank in the way and had to slide it under the jack before I tightened it down.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Jamie 1 question, there is 1 piece missing in the pictures and thats the crank, where is that in the well? I couldn't have mine sit flush with the crank in the way and had to slide it under the jack before I tightened it down.
That's what I referred to as the "jack tool", but I made a foam pocket inside the spokes of the wheel to house it. However, I will be forgoing the crank for a 1/2" ratchet and socket. I hate those crank tools because they only allow you to crank 1/2 pump at a time. Carrying two sockets lets me work the jack and the lug nuts. But to answer you question correctly, I put it Inside the wheel spokes. I will take a picture tomorrow and post up.

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
That's what I referred to as the "jack tool", but I made a foam pocket inside the spokes of the wheel to house it. However, I will be forgoing the crank for a 1/2" ratchet and socket. I hate those crank tools because they only allow you to crank 1/2 pump at a time. Carrying two sockets lets me work the jack and the lug nuts. But to answer you question correctly, I put it Inside the wheel spokes. I will take a picture tomorrow and post up.
Thanks, because my brain cant fathom what your talking about. But I also kept my jack from my '16 Cali Special, so from what I know it hooks into the hole and you just spin to expand the jack, but I await your picture :D
Sponsored