2 piece rotor kit questions and issues

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
Yep would have been nice to know, slots are non standard. Just a simple Left and right sticker would have cleared this issue up.
Right. That’s how the Baers are L &R stickers on the hats. A whole 5 extra seconds.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Just got off the phone with Steeda, it was like speaking to a wall. They did confirm they are backwards and need reversed. They didnt sound concerned with the lack of stickers, instructions, or any guide video for the install. This is a shame I thought this was a solid outfit but it seems like they are mailing it in like the rest of aftermarket...
I am sorry you feel we are mailing it in & that you had issues installing the rotors - I can assure you, based on the number of orders that are being placed & the service calls our sales & technical teams are taking ... are higher than normal. Also, there are manufacturing & material delays throughout the country - along with shipping delays.

We are actually working harder than ever based on the aforementioned.

I will have the instructions addressed with our manufacturing team.

Thank you,

TJ

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
I can tell these guys are mailing it in just by there website, the URL slug has not been updated since 2019.
I just would like a vendor to own their issues, resolve them and be upfront about stuff. Instead they take your money and put you in a holding pattern. Guess its my fault for believing the brand hype.

steeda.PNG
Are you serious??

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mach1Mike

Mach1Mike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
I am sorry you feel we are mailing it in & that you had issues installing the rotors - I can assure you, based on the number of orders that are being placed & the service calls our sales & technical teams are taking ... are higher than normal. Also, there are manufacturing & material delays throughout the country - along with shipping delays.

We are actually working harder than ever based on the aforementioned.

I will have the instructions addressed with our manufacturing team.

Thank you,

TJ
Hi TJ,

Thanks for chiming in, I went thru the site briefly and didn't say any information regarding manufacturing and material delays (I completely understand there are issues, but there was no disclosure). I know that the new Trident rims were backordered I tried to get those, but after several months I had to take a different option.

I am prob overacting a bit cause your manufacturing teams lack of details on the rotors causes me a second install to swap them to proper sides. I also burnished them in the wrong direction with the new pads, not sure if that will make a difference. I could understand a simple autozone rotor having a lack of detail and information, but you guys are selling this as precision engineered, highly machined performance parts and charging top dollar for them. I was let down after spending an extra hour researching the rotors to find no relevant info on the direction, I went with the direction all the other manufactures used and it was wrong.

This was my third purchase from Steeda and I have had issues with everyone.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Prob just rage knit picking... everytime I go to the site and see that I feel like if that is wrong maybe other info is wrong, like fitment size etc.
I mean, there are reasons not to change links, as they may be referenced in a number of places.
Expecting install instructions to come along with ~2000 dollar parts is totally reasonable, you should not be forced to scramble for information in internet forums, I agree to that. I'm sure they will fix it. But calling them out for how they structure links is imo a bit too much :wink: .

I did couple orders through them, and so far they have best customer service, as well as strongest active presence in this community. I also did an order of suspension kit from https://performanceparts.ford.com/ directly - first the kit came with wrong sway bars and some parts duplicated, and when I called the customer service hoping to get it sorted out, they just didn't give a f***. I'm waiting for a callback from a supervisor for 10 days now and there is zero chance that they will read and respond to my issue here.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mach1Mike

Mach1Mike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
I mean, there are reasons not to change links, as they may be referenced in a number of places.
Expecting install instructions to come along with ~2000 dollar parts is totally reasonable, you should not be forced to scramble for information in internet forums, I agree to that. I'm sure they will fix it. But calling them out for how they structure links is imo a bit too much :wink: .

I did couple orders through them, and so far they have best customer service, as well as strongest active presence in this community. I also did an order of suspension kit from ford performance parts directly - first the kit came with wrong sway bars and some parts duplicated, and when I called the customer service hoping to get it sorted out, they just didn't give a f***. I'm waiting for a callback from a supervisor for 10 days now and there is zero chance that they will read and respond to my issue here.
As I said just rage knit picking at that point...

TeamSteeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Hi TJ,

Thanks for chiming in, I went thru the site briefly and didn't say any information regarding manufacturing and material delays (I completely understand there are issues, but there was no disclosure). I know that the new Trident rims were backordered I tried to get those, but after several months I had to take a different option.

I am prob overacting a bit cause your manufacturing teams lack of details on the rotors causes me a second install to swap them to proper sides. I also burnished them in the wrong direction with the new pads, not sure if that will make a difference. I could understand a simple autozone rotor having a lack of detail and information, but you guys are selling this as precision engineered, highly machined performance parts and charging top dollar for them. I was let down after spending an extra hour researching the rotors to find no relevant info on the direction, I went with the direction all the other manufactures used and it was wrong.

This was my third purchase from Steeda and I have had issues with everyone.
Hey Mike,

I believe we've talked once or twice on other threads/PMs. I'm sorry you were having issues with these rotors. I wish you had reached out via PM, Contact Us page, social media, or [email protected] e-mail and one of us may have caught it over the Christmas holiday since we weren't in the office. Regardless, I'm happy you've gotten it figured out.

With that said, we've sold plenty of these rotors without much issue as they're at a great price point for the unsprung weight savings and two-piece design, however, you bring up a very valid point when it comes to installed video/pictures.

I've added this project to our queue and you can expect to see the content posted up to the product pages soon. Thank you for bringing this up!

Just got off the phone with Steeda, it was like speaking to a wall. They did confirm they are backwards and need reversed. They didnt sound concerned with the lack of stickers, instructions, or any guide video for the install. This is a shame I thought this was a solid outfit but it seems like they are mailing it in like the rest of aftermarket...
Please shoot me a PM on this. I'd like to know who you spoke to and address this. Customer Service is a company value we take very seriously here at Steeda.

I did couple orders through them, and so far they have best customer service, as well as strongest active presence in this community. I also did an order of suspension kit from ford performance parts directly - first the kit came with wrong sway bars and some parts duplicated, and when I called the customer service hoping to get it sorted out, they just didn't give a f***. I'm waiting for a callback from a supervisor for 10 days now and there is zero chance that they will read and respond to my issue here.
On the URL slug comment, there are multiple other e-commerce auto parts sites out there with backdated URLs on newer model year vehicles. Nature of the beast as you create category pages for these newer cars. Updating them every year would result in a drop in ranking on search engines. The next best option is to retain the slug, but continually update the content on the page, which we do regularly. Hope this helps shed some light on that.

As mentioned above, Customer Service is something we take very seriously here. Please shoot me a PM on who you spoke with and your order number. Once received, I'll investigate and escalate your order. So sorry for the hold-up, but we'll get you squared away.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
As mentioned above, Customer Service is something we take very seriously here. Please shoot me a PM on who you spoke with and your order number. Once received, I'll investigate and escalate your order. So sorry for the hold-up, but we'll get you squared away.
Hi Chris, apologies if my message was confusing, you guys did great and I have zero concerns with the orders that I have placed with Steeda, and will not hesitate to order more parts from you in the future.

I have updated my previous post to make it more clear that I'm having issues with https://performanceparts.ford.com/.
Sponsored