Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
This may be a long shot but I was curious how many other people are waiting on Ford for a 2.3 cylinder head or related parts? I'm wondering if it's due to high demand or just COVID backups. I was able to get pistons, cam shafts, and everything else by now. I've had the head on order for nearly a month and expected delivery is August 31st. I'm doing a complete rebuild after throwing a rod. Also, not saying it's related, but it was right after applying a burble tune, go figure... lesson learned.

If you are waiting on parts from Ford, what's your story?
Sponsored

Cmw458

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow black ford mustang ecoboost premium PP
Besides the burble what else did you have? I know a guy in the eco FB group said his dealer got approved for a brand new long block because of everything being on back order.

Meanwhile I'd just like ford engineering to tell my dealer what to do next with my car because they can't solve the cyl 4 misfire that keeps occuring. It's been down since the 2nd to last week in may. Whole summer essentially without the car that's supposed to be for the summer...

OP
OP
charlesj5

charlesj5

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Besides the burble what else did you have? I know a guy in the eco FB group said his dealer got approved for a brand new long block because of everything being on back order.

Meanwhile I'd just like ford engineering to tell my dealer what to do next with my car because they can't solve the cyl 4 misfire that keeps occuring. It's been down since the 2nd to last week in may. Whole summer essentially without the car that's supposed to be for the summer...
Pretty much everything in my signature besides the short block, upgraded turbo, and N-Gauge. I was using the AccessPort for that tune. Ford denied my warranty due to the ECU tune history (I reverted back to stock tune before taking it in). Rod went through the oil pan a few seconds after letting off the gas in 4/5th gear.

Cmw458

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yikes. Yeah I am hoping mine doesn't go that route but I gotta get the car back first.

OP
OP
charlesj5

charlesj5

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Yikes. Yeah I am hoping mine doesn't go that route but I gotta get the car back first.
Best of luck to you and at least someone else is in a similar situation. Mine has been down since early March and I just put brand new summer tires and an exhaust on it. Learned some lessons though and will be using a local dyno shop going forward.

Sponsored

Cmw458

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh no I hear ya...

I've got the Drake muscle splitter kits sitting in my basement waiting to be put on since May.... I had wheels on order which I cancelled...new downpipe lol... And the turbo I just now bought because eventually the car is coming back and I couldn't pass up the deal the guy gave me. Especially with the price going back to $2k

OP
OP
charlesj5

charlesj5

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Oh no I hear ya...

I've got the Drake muscle splitter kits sitting in my basement waiting to be put on since May.... I had wheels on order which I cancelled...new downpipe lol... And the turbo I just now bought because eventually the car is coming back and I couldn't pass up the deal the guy gave me. Especially with the price going back to $2k
Hell yeah, which turbo did you go with?

Cmw458

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The NX2 with the ungraded turbosmart wastegate. Paid under retail for that plus the Cobb AP. Gently used of course. But still a deal considering.

It's still enroute so depending on when it comes and when I get my car back will be when I get everything installed. Running out of nice weather though here soon in PA so if it's gonna be awhile it may be next summers project. Along with wheels hopefully.

OP
OP
charlesj5

charlesj5

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
The NX2 with the ungraded turbosmart wastegate. Paid under retail for that plus the Cobb AP. Gently used of course. But still a deal considering.

It's still enroute so depending on when it comes and when I get my car back will be when I get everything installed. Running out of nice weather though here soon in PA so if it's gonna be awhile it may be next summers project. Along with wheels hopefully.
I've read its a good kit! I got mine from Tune+ for $1700. I'm also pretty stoked to see what my local shop can do with the HP tuner considering I've only seen it used on GTs. I'll report back here whenever I break it all in!

Eco206

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erick
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang ecoboost
This may be a long shot but I was curious how many other people are waiting on Ford for a 2.3 cylinder head or related parts? I'm wondering if it's due to high demand or just COVID backups. I was able to get pistons, cam shafts, and everything else by now. I've had the head on order for nearly a month and expected delivery is August 31st. I'm doing a complete rebuild after throwing a rod. Also, not saying it's related, but it was right after applying a burble tune, go figure... lesson learned.

If you are waiting on parts from Ford, what's your story?
I was curious on the mileage on your car when it failed. Also was your burble tune through Tune plus or pd tuning?

Sponsored
OP
OP
charlesj5

charlesj5

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I was curious on the mileage on your car when it failed. Also was your burble tune through Tune plus or pd tuning?
Roughly 3K, TunePlus.

Texstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 EB Premium PP 6MT
I went through a warranty issue on my head gasket recently back in Feb at a major volume dealership. It was before the quarantine started, but it took about 5 weeks total. One week was spent getting to my car (they were backlogged), one week was spent getting approval from Ford to do a teardown and analysis of the head, and 3 weeks was spent getting parts and performing the repair. They didn't replace the head, but replaced the gasket and all associated hardware. If I recall correctly the head gasket was on backorder and that's what took the longest.

Heggs550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
My car has been at the dealership for over a month now waiting on a new long block (although it sounds like they're ordering the shortblock and head separately). Finally got word that it was shipping from TN about 2 weeks after the dealership ordered it. Overall, probably a 3-4 week wait.

Cmw458

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No word on mine today. Dealer is "waiting to hear from Ford engineering" on where to go with mine. It sucks not having it essentially this entire summer.

Last edited:
OP
OP
charlesj5

charlesj5

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
My car has been at the dealership for over a month now waiting on a new long block (although it sounds like they're ordering the shortblock and head separately). Finally got word that it was shipping from TN about 2 weeks after the dealership ordered it. Overall, probably a 3-4 week wait.
What mods/tune did you have in yours?

I was just able to find a cylinder head at a dealer in Florida! Apparently their systems aren’t all linked and if they can see each other’s inventory, they aren’t inclined to help out and ship the parts to your local dealer. So, I will be paying for shipping for this Florida dealer on Monday but it beats waiting until the end of August!
Sponsored