'19 PP1 Square Setup

Fastfwd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT 2012 Honda Accord V6 Coupe EX-L Nav
Considering what if - I currently have Pilot Sport A/S 3+ on my stock wheels in stock sizes and took the stock Pilot Sport 4s tires off when I bought the car. They are sitting in my garage now with summer weather coming soon.

Those front 255 are said to fit up to 10" wheels. So, what would happen if I bought a square set of 19x10 wheels and mounted those stock tires on them for summer? Thinking I might eventually move to a fully squared tire setup once those wore out - 285, etc. It will just be for 'summer' months anyway.

I'm not convinced I care that much about the staggered look vs better performance. Frankly, not many of the wheels I've looked at really have enough offset in the rear to notice the 1" or so possible difference in width. The ones that might look really nice are probably out of budget for what I have in mind anyway.

I'm looking at going more 'affordable' like these SVE GT7 from LMR https://lmr.com/item/WK-122902A/mustang-sve-gt7-wheel-kit-19x10-satin-black-15-17

Any issues in doing this? The 255s would be a bit stretched I suppose, but not all JDM or whatever, huh? More prone to bending a lighter aftermarket wheel possibly?
Sponsored

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Considering what if - I currently have Pilot Sport A/S 3+ on my stock wheels in stock sizes and took the stock Pilot Sport 4s tires off when I bought the car. They are sitting in my garage now with summer weather coming soon.

Those front 255 are said to fit up to 10" wheels. So, what would happen if I bought a square set of 19x10 wheels and mounted those stock tires on them for summer? Thinking I might eventually move to a fully squared tire setup once those wore out - 285, etc. It will just be for 'summer' months anyway.

I'm not convinced I care that much about the staggered look vs better performance. Frankly, not many of the wheels I've looked at really have enough offset in the rear to notice the 1" or so possible difference in width. The ones that might look really nice are probably out of budget for what I have in mind anyway.

I'm looking at going more 'affordable' like these SVE GT7 from LMR https://lmr.com/item/WK-122902A/mustang-sve-gt7-wheel-kit-19x10-satin-black-15-17

Any issues in doing this? The 255s would be a bit stretched I suppose, but not all JDM or whatever, huh? More prone to bending a lighter aftermarket wheel possibly?
I think it would be fine. The 255s might look a little stretched as you said and it might be a little easier to scrape on a curb, but it will work. Given the flow formed construction of those wheels, they ought to be plenty strong.