[?] '18 Intake Manifold on '15-'17

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Not hard at all with lockouts. Worst part was finding a hose bent enough to plug into the evap solenoid to the manifold evap port. I started out trying to fab heater hose for it and that doesn't bend well. I used a hand saw and trimmed off the bolt holes on the evap solenoid to make it thinner. I ended up cutting a hose on the evap bunch that had a good bend and it worked perfectly.
I'd concur, pretty easy overall. Hardest part in mine and when I did @Bluemustang's was disconnecting the IMRC harness plugs on the stock manifold. That bottom one was a SOB.
Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Oh, also installing injectors was fun with fuel still in the rails. Just be careful with that and have plenty of shop towels handy for any spills. Also be ready for a shower when you smell like fuel.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I'd concur, pretty easy overall. Hardest part in mine and when I did @Bluemustang's was disconnecting the IMRC harness plugs on the stock manifold. That bottom one was a SOB.
I found when you got the passenger side plugs first, you can turn the manifold over and up more to get to that one easier.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Oh, also installing injectors was fun with fuel still in the rails. Just be careful with that and have plenty of shop towels handy for any spills. Also be ready for a shower when you smell like fuel.
Two things here:
1) while the engine is running (before the start of the install) disconnect the pump harness on top of the fuel tank, and let it run out of fuel and die.
2) if you can, give it 30-60 mins to sit and residual fuel to drain back from the rail back into the line.

Put a rag under and all around the hose connection to the rail while you're disconnecting.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Two things here:
1) while the engine is running (before the start of the install) disconnect the pump harness on top of the fuel tank, and let it run out of fuel and die.
2) if you can, give it 30-60 mins to sit and residual fuel to drain back from the rail back into the line.

Put a rag under and all around the hose connection to the rail while you're disconnecting.
I unplugged the electrical connection under the rear driver's side seat but I didn't disconnect the fuel hose. Did about 4-5 start ups and it still turned a few times before it died. Guess that was my issue since it was still sending a little fuel through to the injectors I guess.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I unplugged the electrical connection under the rear driver's side seat but I didn't disconnect the fuel hose. Did about 4-5 start ups and it still turned a few times before it died. Guess that was my issue since it was still sending a little fuel through to the injectors I guess.
Yeah there's always going to be a bit coming out, but it can be depressurized. When I did @Bluemustang's I got gas all over my hoodie. :crackup:

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Yeah there's always going to be a bit coming out, but it can be depressurized. When I did @Bluemustang's I got gas all over my hoodie. :crackup:
Yeah the gas surprised me. A lot more came out than we expected lol. Def props to @BmacIL for helping me.

8915GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Yeah disconnecting the harness from the stock manifold was the hardest part on this install for me. I had very little slack so I could not get to the connectors to unlock them. I had to blindly cut some stupid zip tie on the stock manifold and then I was able to get to the connectors This part was a royal PIA and actually took the longest!

Do I need to install bigger injectors if I want to run a flex fuel tune? Tia!

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Yeah disconnecting the harness from the stock manifold was the hardest part on this install for me. I had very little slack so I could not get to the connectors to unlock them. I had to blindly cut some stupid zip tie on the stock manifold and then I was able to get to the connectors This part was a royal PIA and actually took the longest!

For the 15-17's, yes, you need at least the Ford Performance LU-47 injectors. It "can" be done with the stock injectors but the tuners don't like running the injector duty that high on E85. The 18+ are fine on stock injectors on E85.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT

Yep. You'll need bigger injectors.

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
In case anyone was curious, the 2018 JLT fits perfectly on a 15-17 with the 2018 manifold just like a few vendors stated.

IMG_20190303_082111.jpg

SAY WHAT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang Gt
^^ did you end up going the lock out route or did lund tune you with the cmcv's?