66sprint6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base GT PP
I said the same thing LOL.

Its ok tho, one more thing checked off the list of "what ifs". We will narrow this down and figure it out!

Matt
Sponsored

Cream Puff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
in the market
Why do I get the feeling that after all you guys get this stuff figured out your only going to gain 4-7HP?
Update:

VMP performance just posted their graph today on tuning tuesday live stream.

They are a very reputable shop so I'd trust their results.

Gained 23 rwhp peak and much more than that above 7k rpm.. no tq loss.

They specifically mentioned that they could have squeezed a little more out of the 18IM but wanted to have a true apples to apples comparison changing only the intake.

15GT, Longtubes, E85.

5.0dad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I've had mine installed for about 3 weeks, 6m car geared 3.31, fbo, tuned by Lund all revision complete at this time, "Locked Out " ==== no problems, neglible torque loss, car is a beast. Auto cars with 3.15 gears I'd definitely, let this plug and play senerio sort itself out, but manual guys lock those puppies down and forget about it.

66sprint6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base GT PP
Im glad to hear the report on the lockouts. Its nice to know that if I get to whits ends, lockouts arent so bad!

Matt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Update:

They specifically mentioned that they could have squeezed a little more out of the 18IM but wanted to have a true apples to apples comparison changing only the intake.

15GT, Longtubes, E85.
Pics of graph?

Sponsored

Draklia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Update:

15GT, Longtubes, E85.
Although that is believable, I’m going to wait for a non vendor to put up their info before I trust it. So far the only #s I’ve seen are from people selling something.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
I've had mine installed for about 3 weeks, 6m car geared 3.31, fbo, tuned by Lund all revision complete at this time, "Locked Out " ==== no problems, neglible torque loss, car is a beast. Auto cars with 3.15 gears I'd definitely, let this plug and play senerio sort itself out, but manual guys lock those puppies down and forget about it.

I'm auto with 3.55's and am locking out. Hopefully get intake on this weekend. Waiting(impatiently) on VMP tune & lockouts.

Sponsored

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
Why do I get the feeling that after all you guys get this stuff figured out your only going to gain 4-7HP?
from what I've read or seen online (not in person) is that those with 2018 intakes are 1 to 2 cars ahead of other mustangs with similar mods when racing. I don't know if its true or not. :gossip:

Cream Puff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
in the market
For everyone that has been having trouble. I have been working with Jon JR at lund for a few days on this writeup. I posted it on the anything coyote s550 facebook group for anyone that needs the download.

This method works I've vetted it on my car, and Lund Racing will be sending this out to whoever needs it. Much thanks to everyone that has contributed to these threads. The information is some of my own and some that has been compiled from these threads along from tuning and troubleshooting expertise at lund.

As I say in the FB post, to save yourself the trouble hardwire the thing, do not use the pigtails and your life will be easy :thumbsup:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/144...tif_id=1525875544917292&notif_t=group_comment

scoobydoonut

Texas Mustang Crazy GIRL
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wendy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
For everyone that has been having trouble. I have been working with Jon JR at lund for a few days on this writeup. I posted it on the anything coyote s550 facebook group for anyone that needs the download.

This method works I've vetted it on my car, and Lund Racing will be sending this out to whoever needs it. Much thanks to everyone that has contributed to these threads. The information is some of my own and some that has been compiled from these threads along from tuning and troubleshooting expertise at lund.

As I say in the FB post, to save yourself the trouble hardwire the thing, do not use the pigtails and your life will be easy :thumbsup:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/144...tif_id=1525875544917292&notif_t=group_comment
Hey thanks wait don’t use pigtails ? What else ? Any ideas I have P2006 and 2007

Cream Puff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
in the market
Hey thanks wait don’t use pigtails ? What else ? Any ideas I have P2006 and 2007
I would put money on the PNP harness being the cuplrit if you're using one..

Cut the female end off, hardwire it I bet the codes are gone.

From my conversations with the guys at lund, only 1 guy whos hard wired it got a code and thats because he messed up the wiring order. Everyone else that's hard wired is working fine and a large percentage of guys with the PNP harnesses are seeing problems.

Why that is could be a billion reasons, but we've seen before these cars have problems with extensions (o2 harnesses etc). I did use the Y harness for the blue plugs from EOD tech on my car but elected to hard wire the white harnesses due to the number of people running into issues. Glad I did it worked like a charm.

66sprint6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base GT PP
Thanks! Im waiting to be accepted into the group.

Matt
Sponsored