[?] '18 Intake Manifold on '15-'17

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
Just ordered my 18 manifold from beefcake, he has them in stock and ready to ship while alot of other places have them backordered!

I went with the IMRC deletes as Lund recommended it would be a negligible loss in tq for an FI setup. I may add them back on later though once all the harnesses are in stock.
Mine shipped out today from Beefcake. WooHoo! I'll be having a free F150 intake soon if anyone wants it.
Sponsored

66sprint6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base GT PP
Bout to install mine in the next little bit. Im wondering what everyone is seeing as optimal shift points for these intakes vs the stock manifolds?

Matt

Sponsored

66sprint6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base GT PP
I imagine traction will keep me short shifting 1-2 at the local 1/8 mile around 6000-6500 rpm but on the 2-3 shift I usually am around 7200rpm with my current mods. With the 2018 manifold the power should then hold on strong closer to 8K RPM?

Matt

The01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Hardware coming with the 2018 intake Manifolds when bought? Or reusing existing intake manifold bolts also anyone have an idea on vaccum hose sizes needed to buy from auto store

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hardware coming with the 2018 intake Manifolds when bought? Or reusing existing intake manifold bolts also anyone have an idea on vaccum hose sizes needed to buy from auto store
I purchased 36 inches of 3/8 fuel line from Vato Zone.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
This is how mine arrived. 2nd photo, black vertical shiny piece spins around freely and was sticking out of the bubble wrap used against the top of the box.

I specifically requested secure packaging. I got torn up boxes, one layer of bubble wrap, and an extremely thin outside shipping box. I would have gladly paid more for better shipping if I had faith someone would actually get a sturdy box and use something like that expanding foam in a bag which is what's necessary to protect this in shipping, but I got an email from the place I bought it from stating they knew of shipping issues and will package it well and that they remove the studs which are prone to breaking. Forgot about these electrical connectors, I guess.

Naturally I opened it like 10 days after receiving it because I have things to do in life, so hopefully there's no issues exchanging it promptly.

Somehow these get to a Ford dealer okay, right? Why can't they get to us in good shape? Should have bought locally, but for some reason, even if a dealership I know for sure is the one selling online, they will not sell it to me for the online price if I walk in. Makes no damn sense.
IMG_2964.JPG
IMG_2965.JPG

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Ouch, that sucks. What is it about 18 manifolds and getting broken in shipping? Lol

Hopefully mine arrives at JPC in good condition otherwise my motor build is going to be delayed. [MENTION=10926]beefcake[/MENTION] do you use stronger packaging than usual? Thanks!

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Ouch, that sucks. What is it about 18 manifolds and getting broken in shipping? Lol

Hopefully mine arrives at JPC in good condition otherwise my motor build is going to be delayed. [MENTION=10926]beefcake[/MENTION] do you use stronger packaging than usual? Thanks!
we do about $9-10 of popcorn in each one, we have seen a few broke, but have shipped about 70 out without issue

5.0dad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Has anyone seen any other dyno numbers ? With 93 tune what's the average rwhp gain over 15-17' mani ?

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This is how mine arrived. 2nd photo, black vertical shiny piece spins around freely and was sticking out of the bubble wrap used against the top of the box.

I specifically requested secure packaging. I got torn up boxes, one layer of bubble wrap, and an extremely thin outside shipping box. I would have gladly paid more for better shipping if I had faith someone would actually get a sturdy box and use something like that expanding foam in a bag which is what's necessary to protect this in shipping, but I got an email from the place I bought it from stating they knew of shipping issues and will package it well and that they remove the studs which are prone to breaking. Forgot about these electrical connectors, I guess.

Naturally I opened it like 10 days after receiving it because I have things to do in life, so hopefully there's no issues exchanging it promptly.

Somehow these get to a Ford dealer okay, right? Why can't they get to us in good shape? Should have bought locally, but for some reason, even if a dealership I know for sure is the one selling online, they will not sell it to me for the online price if I walk in. Makes no damn sense.
Ouch, hopefully your replacement arrives in better condition.

92 Couper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP - Competition Orange
Just ordered my 18 manifold from beefcake, he has them in stock and ready to ship while alot of other places have them backordered!

I went with the IMRC deletes as Lund recommended it would be a negligible loss in tq for an FI setup. I may add them back on later though once all the harnesses are in stock.
Great minds think alike. I ordered mine from Beefcake yesterday with the lockouts, and got the updated tune from Brandon @ Lund the same day. Should have it installed on the 16 by Saturday morning.