Sponsored

18/19 Coyotes W/vortech V3- JT what kind of numbers we seeing .

Whitltng

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Manny
Vehicle(s)
Svt lightning 18 mustang gt
I haven't dyno the car with the 3.48 pulley
Going to install the 3.48 and go e85.. we should try it out just for fun.. whats the fastest car you ran out in Mexico?
Sponsored

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
Funny I was thinking about selling my vortech and going eb 2650
We can talk when I get it off, I've had prochargers forever i think I'm more comfortable with a centri...can those head units be upgraded to a larger one on same brackets? How hard is it to change pulleys or belts it's super easy on side slinger prochargers..well and this EB once you buy a actual slender tensioner tool I can do it without removing the coolant reservoir...

Whitltng

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Manny
Vehicle(s)
Svt lightning 18 mustang gt
What dont you like about the eb... stage 1 or 2? .
Stage 2 is a completely different animal

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
Stage 1 comes in and just about the time it feels itself, the traction control or tune take relative throttle down to 25% and brings it right back in...unloading the nose and off to the ditch you go.....
I know this one would be faster at the track but I dont go to the track....I like the linear nature of a peaky centri like the F1A-94 on my other car or d1x... BUT really been looking at Vortech for something new lately...
Also on Stage 1 there is belt slip, I tried nothing custom but in retrospect I wish I had never wasted 5500 ( upgrade is 4750 plus ASE labor ) and instead order a griptec pulley possibly in a 3.00 ( stock is 3.25) and gotten a custom tune because my other complaint would be they didnt do enough to the stock tune to compliment the blower....but its same as any canned tune in that I cant ask for what I like...in normal D imho it's so soft it would wear clutches out even the installer was like its blowing thru shifts. I said let's toggle this over to drag mode and it knocks your socks off but that unsettles the car and off to the ditch...also imprecise shift points aka a lot of things custom tunes solve....
STAGE 2 has simply been to much for my car on 93... I LOVE how it drives and its trans scheduling is much better but I've blown up 2 Engines in a row....on 5 partial WOTs on the 2-3 shift massive detonation its making to much steam and I don't have e85 in my home town.....there is really nothing to complain about stage 2 except to much power for 93 and WAY over priced.
The sweet spot imho in retrospect and if I keep the system when I put my 3rd engine in 1000 miles on the cat 920 of which were break in heh....I'll drop back to stage 1 ( I'm not a racer I dont next to hit hard and break axles and drive shafts ect I want smooth linear power like a centri that imho compliments what Ford designed into the coyote and the car vs brutal instant on power of this blower but yes I'm sure this sucker will stock stall 60ft like a monster ), its overall easier more stock looking and simply buy a griptec pulley perhaps one size smaller and a custom tune and she should put me right in the 93 octane wheel house....
I would guess 670s wheel with custom tune ( 630s all stock ) shifted about 7500....that's all I want....the torque will be up there it should do well if I ever do drive it in to a track.....

Temovic55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 2014, ROUSH II 2018
Vehicle Showcase
2019 GT

884rwhp, V3JT w/3.33 pulley, Fore Level 1E dual 465's, and ID1050x's, on pump E85. Cat delete, and 3" Corsa sport exhaust. ~14-15psi.
Sorry for writing so late but I am in tough decision which path to go! either SC or TT but then the centrifugal units got me interested as they are considered separate units with less heat issues. Anyways, my goals are 800-850 on a street car and no track or E85 kind of thing! Is it still possible to make those numbers on a pump ( Dual ) with ID1050x ? Im running 3'' Roush factory exhaust system! I will be deleting the cats for sure.
I noticed you went 14-15 psi which is a little high for me! I am aiming into 12-13 max!

Sponsored

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Stage 1 comes in and just about the time it feels itself, the traction control or tune take relative throttle down to 25% and brings it right back in...unloading the nose and off to the ditch you go.....
I know this one would be faster at the track but I dont go to the track....I like the linear nature of a peaky centri like the F1A-94 on my other car or d1x... BUT really been looking at Vortech for something new lately...
Also on Stage 1 there is belt slip, I tried nothing custom but in retrospect I wish I had never wasted 5500 ( upgrade is 4750 plus ASE labor ) and instead order a griptec pulley possibly in a 3.00 ( stock is 3.25) and gotten a custom tune because my other complaint would be they didnt do enough to the stock tune to compliment the blower....but its same as any canned tune in that I cant ask for what I like...in normal D imho it's so soft it would wear clutches out even the installer was like its blowing thru shifts. I said let's toggle this over to drag mode and it knocks your socks off but that unsettles the car and off to the ditch...also imprecise shift points aka a lot of things custom tunes solve....
STAGE 2 has simply been to much for my car on 93... I LOVE how it drives and its trans scheduling is much better but I've blown up 2 Engines in a row....on 5 partial WOTs on the 2-3 shift massive detonation its making to much steam and I don't have e85 in my home town.....there is really nothing to complain about stage 2 except to much power for 93 and WAY over priced.
The sweet spot imho in retrospect and if I keep the system when I put my 3rd engine in 1000 miles on the cat 920 of which were break in heh....I'll drop back to stage 1 ( I'm not a racer I dont next to hit hard and break axles and drive shafts ect I want smooth linear power like a centri that imho compliments what Ford designed into the coyote and the car vs brutal instant on power of this blower but yes I'm sure this sucker will stock stall 60ft like a monster ), its overall easier more stock looking and simply buy a griptec pulley perhaps one size smaller and a custom tune and she should put me right in the 93 octane wheel house....
I would guess 670s wheel with custom tune ( 630s all stock ) shifted about 7500....that's all I want....the torque will be up there it should do well if I ever do drive it in to a track.....

You’ve changed your mind since getting Lund tune on the EB? How’s the belt slip since going griptec?

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
I too would prefer a centri powerband for street car driveability.

I just looked at some Edelbrock stage 1 logs on an octane booster and saw that same 3rd gear knock start and slowly taper off. Surprised their tuning department has not sorted that out. They told customer it’s fine. One bad tank of premium without that octane booster and that motor is on borrowed time. Stage 2 at that boost level is motor suicide. Crazy...

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Sorry for writing so late but I am in tough decision which path to go! either SC or TT but then the centrifugal units got me interested as they are considered separate units with less heat issues. Anyways, my goals are 800-850 on a street car and no track or E85 kind of thing! Is it still possible to make those numbers on a pump ( Dual ) with ID1050x ? Im running 3'' Roush factory exhaust system! I will be deleting the cats for sure.
I noticed you went 14-15 psi which is a little high for me! I am aiming into 12-13 max!
I'm now running 18psi and around 1000rwhp stock engine. why is 12-13 your max?

You're not going to make 850whp without race gas or E85. Won't happen on pump 93

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
really don't recommend over 700 on pump

the vortech / paxton kits typically generate the least amount of heat of all the units

Temovic55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm now running 18psi and around 1000rwhp stock engine. why is 12-13 your max? Honestly, I want to avoid any excessive load to the engine at some point near! Plus, I want to use the car for fun at weekends only! nothing serious.

You're not going to make 850whp without race gas or E85. Won't happen on pump 93
I figured that but what would be the best FI unit in this rang of 800hp :crazy: where I live, we don't have E85 just C16 and it's not always available!

Sponsored

Tiago G.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT
I figured that but what would be the best FI unit in this rang of 800hp :crazy: where I live, we don't have E85 just C16 and it's not always available!
Exactly what Rothgray and Beef said. Anything above 700 wheel on pump gas and you will be playing with fire. Import the E85 or Methanol by the drum, and buy a triple pump fuel system to run Ethanol or Methanol. Forget gasoline, it's a fuel of the past for making power.

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
The car doesn't know if it has a vortech or a Whipple on top of it. Boost is boost. HP is HP.

Temovic55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The car doesn't know if it has a vortech or a Whipple on top of it. Boost is boost. HP is HP.
Gotcha! The thing is we do only have 91 or 95 Octane pump gas ( I think 95 in my country is considered as 93 at the USA ) and like I said my goal is street fun car and I could live with 680-700 hp I've seen in the posts around here with centri's!
Question is, would I be able to make those numbers with our pump gas?( dunno about the fuel quality here lol ) I really hope so! I think I will go with the Paxton 2200SL (self lubricated) base model. I've read here somewhere about the rust issues with the Vortech's vs Paxtons ( Aluminum made ) also the model production date since the latest versions are considered preferable among the users.
Just needed an advise and sorry for disturbance :headbang:

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Gotcha! The thing is we do only have 91 or 95 Octane pump gas ( I think 95 in my country is considered as 93 at the USA ) and like I said my goal is street fun car and I could live with 680-700 hp I've seen in the posts around here with centri's!
Question is, would I be able to make those numbers with our pump gas?( dunno about the fuel quality here lol ) I really hope so! I think I will go with the Paxton 2200SL (self lubricated) base model. I've read here somewhere about the rust issues with the Vortech's vs Paxtons ( Aluminum made ) also the model production date since the latest versions are considered preferable among the users.
Just needed an advise and sorry for disturbance :headbang:
If what you have is the equivalent of 93, then your best bet is to shoot for about a max of 700hp. Maybe use some octanium or boostane every tank to be safe. Don't be disappointed if you only land on about 680 though. Removing your cats will help.
Sponsored