Sponsored

16 GT PP dead to me

sk8erord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Performance Pack
Buy what you enjoy driving? I bought the manual because I enjoy driving a manual... not to win at the internet. Mine seems smooth, I never have problems getting it in gear, might be a touch notchy when cold? I'll be swapping fluids shortly anyways, and a Steeda/MGW/Barton option is on my short list (still undecided on which).

To the OP - if you are enjoying the auto more, then more power to ya! If you're not loving it, it's not worth paying for!
Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
The pp cost twice as much as the automatic, you can purchase aftermarket parts for less then that and have a better handing better riding car....

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
The pp cost twice as much as the automatic, you can purchase aftermarket parts for less then that and have a better handing better riding car....
I am not debating automatic vs manual. People need to buy what they want, but IMO the PP is worth he price just for the Torsen, Brembos, and radiator.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Purchase brakes/rotors, wheels (PP are wider rims _and_ wider tires), differential, gear, all the suspension pieces for less that the package costs ? I would love to see that....

Sponsored

BiloxiFun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Package
The torsen rear axle/larger radiator is what made the PP a good deal to me, the other stuff was a plus.

I have always been disappointed by automatic transmissions with paddles just never feels the same and isn't as fun for cornering. Although the AMG I drove was fun. But! Who knows. That 10 speed automatic that they are coming out with may change my mind.

I didn't check to see if the automatic did rev matching, maybe that would make it more fun to me. But, then, this isn't my DD and I'm definitely not a drag racer.. more like corner, on ramp, clover leaf, abuser.. haha

Congratulations on your purchase. CS edition cars are pretty.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Purchase brakes/rotors, wheels (PP are wider rims _and_ wider tires), differential, gear, all the suspension pieces for less that the package costs ? I would love to see that....
Don't forget the gauges and bigger rad!

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
custom stability control tuning, the turned aluminum dash panel

Brando

Get Some
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Red LX 331 Stroker
I don't get how people think the ride is harsh in pp. have you came from a caddy or something? The suspension is way too soft with the stock pp setup imo.

I also feel like I must have a miracle mt82 or something. Shifts are smooth, no notchyness etc. previous car had arguably one of the best shifters ever(S2000)
Thank God, I'm not the only one who feels like this.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jay-rod427

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
The torsen rear axle/larger radiator is what made the PP a good deal to me, the other stuff was a plus.

I have always been disappointed by automatic transmissions with paddles just never feels the same and isn't as fun for cornering. Although the AMG I drove was fun. But! Who knows. That 10 speed automatic that they are coming out with may change my mind.

I didn't check to see if the automatic did rev matching, maybe that would make it more fun to me. But, then, this isn't my DD and I'm definitely not a drag racer.. more like corner, on ramp, clover leaf, abuser.. haha

Congratulations on your purchase. CS edition cars are pretty.

Thanks! And yes it rev matches. Actually kinda fun when you want to play in S and S+ modes, then nice just to throw in D for the commute.

TheRiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Boat
The A6 is good - not as good as the double clutch autos in the German cars. When I down shift with the paddle in my Mustang, you can count beats before it kicks in. In my Porsche, it has shifted before my finger comes of the paddle. Still, seems robust and at least mine has been reasonably quiet.

I had a manual in my 2006 and it was very wishy washy - swapped in a Hurst.

But with all the traffic in NJ a manual can be a real pain.
Oh god, this is going to annoy the shit out of me :tsk: coming from a german dct..

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
42be4aef-36a8-a182-1851172.jpg

let me know how much the bigger radiator swap and brembo swap plus aftermarket mods equals out too compared to a pp + same aftermarket suspension mods.

and my pp was only 38k otd loaded. your math does not compute.

zerorye351w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP CY
I put in the Steeda Tri-ax shifter and it is much better than the stock. Nice short shifts. I hated the stock "performance" pack springs and upgraded to the Steeda progressives and sway bars. Much better ride and handling. I DD my car and have a lot of fun doing it. I'm becoming a Steeda believer and this forum is making it hard on my wallet, but definitely worth it.
Sponsored