Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Now you're just trying to be argumentative. Only car marketing people use that method of counting drivers as a speaker count. The rest of us count an entire set of drivers as one speaker, even the aftermarket car audio industry doesn't apply that count. We say two way or three way and differentiate a set of components when necessary but a coaxial, multiway speaker is called just that, a speaker.
Look who’s being argumentative đŸ€Ł. A two-way is (wait for it) two speakers! One speaker is one speaker. You’re conflating the mounting style with the number of ACTUAL speakers. You also say “a pair of jeans”. Are there two jeans or one? Why not a “pair of shirts”?
Just because your vernacular is based off of “that’s what we always say” doesn’t make you correct. A home audio cabinet with 3 speakers is STILL three speakers, in one cabinet. If one of those three is blown do you say “the whole cabinet is blown”? Nope, you’d say “the woofer in that cabinet is blown but the OTHER TWO SPEAKERS are still good”.

But, by all means, keep arguing it with me. I’m sure all the automotive manufacturers are watching this discussion intently. Just waiting to change their ways to appease you..
Sponsored

Last edited:

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Nobody has EVER compared? It's amazing that I'm the first! 😂 I mean, some people just aren't as into car audio - or home audio or any audio. I happen to be somewhat into both. I was just throwing out a comment that I thought might help explain things! I'm not trying to prove anyone wrong about anything.
Did I say “nobody”? No, I said “you’re the first I’ve heard say that”. So you’re either incapable of reading comprehension or you’re just being a troll.

MD18EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Did I say “nobody”? No, I said “you’re the first I’ve heard say that”. So you’re either incapable of reading comprehension or you’re just being a troll.
I'm neither, and I'm also not up for a good old-fashioned nitpicking speaker counting debate on this particular Sunday morning. Bye. đŸ‘‹đŸŒ

Last edited:

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
Look who’s being argumentative đŸ€Ł. A two-way is (wait for it) two speakers! One speaker is one speaker. You’re conflating the mounting style with the number of ACTUAL speakers. You also say “a pair of jeans”. Are there two jeans or one? Why not a “pair of shirts”?
Just because your vernacular is based off of “that’s what we always say” doesn’t make you correct. A home audio cabinet with 3 speakers is STILL three speakers, in one cabinet. If one of those three is blown do you say “the whole cabinet is blown”? Nope, you’d say “the woofer in that cabinet is blown but the OTHER TWO SPEAKERS are still good”.

But, by all means, keep arguing it with me.
OK buddy. I have no idea what you're even saying but you're right.:thumbsup:

joeyvaz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
So when you buy a pair of coax speakers, you're getting 4 for the price of two? I mean, Crutchfield and ALL retailers are losing money when they sell us a pair of speakers. Shhhhh. Don't tell them or they will jack their prices up. LOL

Please read into the sarcasm before coming at me. Lol
Sponsored