Sponsored

10R80 Owners - ULTIMATE M6G 10R80 Facts + Resolutions to harsh or no shift conditions

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
what up Chitown!! I went with Juggernaut Performance. Shifts are on point and a lot smoother in both normal and Sport/Sport+ mode. One last thing, my A10 was a bit low on oil initially as well.
Ok, I'm still contemplating the tune on my Mach 1. It's not bad in paddle mode but S mode can be pretty jerky or lag a lot when you confuse it. This is why I always use paddles unless I want to stomp on it and blow someone away..lol
Sponsored

njweatherman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Premium California Special
So I've been dicked around by a few dealers where no one can replicate my issue somehow even after leaving the car with a tech for 5 days. I literally had to contact a friend of a friend who was a service advisor at a Ford dealer to get my car in sooner than end of October.

I still have the car right now and I'm driving it in it's current broken state where I cannot drive the car longer than 30minutes without either my transmission dying or a service light going on causing my car to limp mode. I had two more recorded instances here with a gopro:

Only after escalating to Ford Canada, they've agreed they are going to replace my throttle body first to see if this resolves my issue.

I believe I'm the only one that they know of for the mustang, to have this issue ever, so not fun.

My install date is now October 25th after experiencing this since early May this year and finally getting Ford's attention.
I'm glad that you were able to catch it on video. Now, the dealership has something to work with if no codes are present. I never have seen anything like the first video before:( Please keep us posted with what they find.

Hwangmihee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lambert
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue Mustang
I'm glad that you were able to catch it on video. Now, the dealership has something to work with if no codes are present. I never have seen anything like the first video before:( Please keep us posted with what they find.

The sad part is I had video documentation since June but that wasn't sufficient enough evidence. It was only after submitting two more videos which I experience on a weekly basis when I travel to a different city.

Worst part? No codes exist. Not when my car enters limp mode, and not even when my transmission slips.

This car has been a beauty for 4.5 years but this experience has really put me off and will probably see a new owner soon sadly.

Bluey81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT Premium(waiting), '12 Focus Titanium
First timer here. Ive searched around and didnt find anything that lines up with my experience(or so it seems). Ive got 700 or so miles on my 22 GT. The transmission seems fine on the upshifts, but im more interested in hearing thoughts about the downshifts. In 10th and 9th, around 45mph or so, applying light to moderate throttle gives me the slip/stutter. More throttle gets it to kick to 8th/7th and seems ok after that. Will the relearn help or am I better off going to the dealership for a look? Forgive me if this has been answered and I didnt see it but I definitely appreciate any advice!

njweatherman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
First timer here. Ive searched around and didnt find anything that lines up with my experience(or so it seems). Ive got 700 or so miles on my 22 GT. The transmission seems fine on the upshifts, but im more interested in hearing thoughts about the downshifts. In 10th and 9th, around 45mph or so, applying light to moderate throttle gives me the slip/stutter. More throttle gets it to kick to 8th/7th and seems ok after that. Will the relearn help or am I better off going to the dealership for a look? Forgive me if this has been answered and I didnt see it but I definitely appreciate any advice!
What drive mode are you in when this occurs? Your car is still very new and the transmission is still learning your driving habits.
I copied this from my 2020 manual:
"Automatic Transmission Adaptive
Learning
This feature is designed to increase
durability and provide consistent shift feel
over the life of your vehicle. A new vehicle
or transmission may have firm or soft
shifts. This operation is normal and does
not affect function or durability of the
transmission. Over time, the adaptive
learning process fully updates transmission
operation."

Sponsored

Bluey81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
What drive mode are you in when this occurs? Your car is still very new and the transmission is still learning your driving habits.
Learning
operation."
In Normal Drive mode only. Havent gone to S or been over (or anywhere near) 3500-4k rpms. Id like to clear 1k miles before I go nuts.

njweatherman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
Learning
operation."
Don't take it in to the dealer unless you are getting a CEL. It will be a waste of time. Continue driving it. Start off driving in normal mode until the car is warmed up, then you can switch over to Sport+. See if this helps. To me, normal mode keeps the car in too high of gear and it feels like it is bogging at times.

Bluey81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
Don't take it in to the dealer unless you are getting a CEL. It will be a waste of time. Continue driving it. Start off driving in normal mode until the car is warmed up, then you can switch over to Sport+. See if this helps. To me, normal mode keeps the car in too high of gear and it feels like it is bogging at times.

Appreciate the insight. Ill give that a try.

njweatherman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
Appreciate the insight. Ill give that a try.
No problem. The best way to handle this transmission is drive in normal mode for about 10 to 15 minutes. Then, switch over to Sport+ or Sport. In Sport+, the shifts are firmer, the car sounds louder, and it will be in a lower gear so you can have faster acceleration. Normal mode is too tame and stays in too high of a gear.

Bullit69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Manny
Vehicle(s)
19 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
I’d check the fluid level ….

Sponsored

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
That 10th gear lugging in Normal is normal. Its annoying and when I first got the car I was like wth. Now that I have driven it for 3 months, I dont even think about it. Muscle memory in my skinny pedal foot remembers how to push enough to get it to downshift better. And once its warmed up Ill use sport anyways.

Hydra5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Took my 2019 GT into the ford dealership. The transmission was shifting harshly and in between shifts there is some vibration/studder. It’s very prominent and it replicates every single time. They reflashed the trans which helped with the shifts they are a ton smoother but the vibration/studder is still there. I can also replicate it for longer in 6th gear at about 1500 rpm. In SPORT mode I do not hear or feel the studder as much or at all.

njweatherman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
Took my 2019 GT into the ford dealership. The transmission was shifting harshly and in between shifts there is some vibration/studder. It’s very prominent and it replicates every single time. They reflashed the trans which helped with the shifts they are a ton smoother but the vibration/studder is still there. I can also replicate it for longer in 6th gear at about 1500 rpm. In SPORT mode I do not hear or feel the studder as much or at all.
How about in Sport mode+?

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
That 10th gear lugging in Normal is normal. Its annoying and when I first got the car I was like wth. Now that I have driven it for 3 months, I dont even think about it. Muscle memory in my skinny pedal foot remembers how to push enough to get it to downshift better. And once its warmed up Ill use sport anyways.
The 10th gear lugging is really annoying. Starting to figure out a good spot on the gas pedal to get it to downshift.

Bluey81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
The 10th gear lugging is really annoying. Starting to figure out a good spot on the gas pedal to get it to downshift.
A consistent roll on the throttle helps a lot Ive discovered at higher speeds. Stabbing it seems to help kick it out of 10th/9th with a smoother result without using the paddles.
Sponsored