10r80 bad slipping

Bigblustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
So I have a 2019 Mustang GT with the 10r80. Long story short. Had torque converter shudder. Got the converter replaced. Trans made super loud not normal noises when cold. Was told the new converter was faulty. Converters were on backorder no ETA. Ended up getting a whole new Trans with the good converter. 500 miles in i babied the car to break in the new trans. Just before 500 miles I was cruising on the highway went to give the car a tad bit of acceleration car just revs doesnā€™t go anywhere clunks into gear. Trans got to 235Ā° still in range but shouldnā€™t be that hot for highway cruising and no beating on it. Next day drove fine ford couldnā€™t find anything wrong. Fast forward 5000 miles. Spirited highway driving. Trans does it again out of no where. Slipping just revs up clunks into gear. Hereā€™s a video. Not sure whatā€™s wrong with it. Bad converter again? Saw the 10r80 class action lawsuit. Nothing but issues. Canā€™t even drive the car to its potential. Bone stock car with exhaust and cosmetics.

Sponsored

Last edited:

wmoore26

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WASP
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1
šŸ˜¬ got a 21. Did it the first time the other day, had it since last Sept. Only tried getting across 5 lanes but just stayed in a low Rev and then finally kicked in. I've had 6 ford's now; 05 Five Hundred, 12 Focus, x2 14 Fusions, 14 F150, 21 GT pp1 10r80. The older ones had no issues, but the newer ones all have synchro issues. Their transmissions seem finicky.
Sorry can't answer the question though. Never got that far with any of them.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
At 235Ā° just cruising you have some serious internal friction/slipping.
Sponsored