Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Jaime/Chris: I did a double take as well with the lighting and you're certainly correct, Chris, Rapid changes a lot in different lighting while Race isn't affected nearly as much.
Sponsored

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
Rapid Red is beautiful!!!

65Terdlingua

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang
Does that air filter have a more substantial housing than whats shown in the photo? Does that small wall behind it block it off from the engine compartment completely? It just seems pretty open to the hot engine air like that, just curious.

OP
OP
Cgouzoulis

Cgouzoulis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
None
Does that air filter have a more substantial housing than whats shown in the photo? Does that small wall behind it block it off from the engine compartment completely? It just seems pretty open to the hot engine air like that, just curious.
It seems to block a healthy amount of it. The housing blocks off about 85-90%. I may end up getting a longer filter to go a bit deeper in the blocked off area depending on testing.

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
Wow to say the least on the air filter thats insane and would be curious to the HP increase. And congrats on a really nice set up and love the vinyl inserts as well.

Sponsored

65Terdlingua

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang
It seems to block a healthy amount of it. The housing blocks off about 85-90%. I may end up getting a longer filter to go a bit deeper in the blocked off area depending on testing.
Curious what your IAT's look like cruising, under load, etc. Hopefully they are staying low, near ambient.

OP
OP
Cgouzoulis

Cgouzoulis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
None
Curious what your IAT's look like cruising, under load, etc. Hopefully they are staying low, near ambient.
Thankfully I have checked thoroughly...
On a 94 degree day cruising was 97. under load went to 95. sitting idle for 25 minutes to give it a stress test of sorts went to 162
On an 86 degree day cruising was 87. Load was ambient(86). Idle test for 25 minutes went to 137
Hope this helps
Edit. It was 162 not 152... I fat fingered. all else is accurate

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cgouzoulis

Cgouzoulis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
None
The difference to me from what the guys running jlt is this: The cruising and load temps seem to be the same. The idle temps like the 25 minute test I performed are about 10-15 degrees lower. That being said there have been issues with hood bulge on the jlt which im sure can be remedied by trimming the box. The 1320 intake like I have put down 9 and 11 HP more tested by other members here. I took this info into consideration as well as the neat looking painted to match portion when I made my decision

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
The difference to me from what the guys running jlt is this: The cruising and load temps seem to be the same. The idle temps like the 25 minute test I performed are about 10-15 degrees lower. That being said there have been issues with hood bulge on the jlt which im sure can be remedied by trimming the box. The 1320 intake like I have put down 9 and 11 HP more tested by other members here. I took this info into consideration as well as the neat looking painted to match portion when I made my decision
I concur

65Terdlingua

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang
Thankfully I have checked thoroughly...
On a 94 degree day cruising was 97. under load went to 95. sitting idle for 25 minutes to give it a stress test of sorts went to 152
On an 86 degree day cruising was 87. Load was ambient(86). Idle test for 25 minutes went to 137
Hope this helps
Nice, that's good info. Thanks, and have fun with it!