Sponsored

0-100/0-60mph

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
As a Uk manual owner, I haven’t tried 0-60 properly but sadly, to me, the car does not feel remotely capable of <5s. Has very little shove until past 4K rpm, one of the only disappointments I have in the car. Pinning the throttle at say 5mph in first or 20mph in second results in very little drama and steady acceleration - in real world conditions. On most normal driving occasions I reckon feels slower than my previous A10 GT.

…but, once in the right gear on an empty and twisty road it is epic!
The Mach 1 isn’t going to light up the tires or scare anybody from a roll that’s for sure. But your experience seems a little odd. Can you do the gear change to US spec? At a slow roll in first my car will pull pretty damn hard.
Sponsored

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
The Mach 1 isn’t going to light up the tires or scare anybody from a roll that’s for sure. But your experience seems a little odd. Can you do the gear change to US spec? At a slow roll in first my car will pull pretty damn hard.
I hate going down this road but it needs a blower.

Leeroy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
Mach1 FJG manual/'65 289 Coupe
I hate going down this road but it needs a blower.
Maybe. I guess the way the coyote makes power coupled with the higher gears explains the issue. The A10 had more ratios to choose from so always responded well with strong acceleration regardless of speed

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
Easily fixed if you don't value your factory warranty.
Just needs 3.7 rear gears to wake it up and then a tune, there's likely another 30 hp in a good aftermarket tune.
It would be a different car and its the way it should have been exported.
As a potential candidate for the swap, I am a bit skeptical about the diff. impact.
3.73 / 3.55 = ~ 1.05
i.e. there is 5% change in the power transfer from the motor to the wheels. I believe that it impacts somehow the performance, but do not expect a huge impact. My concern is that the performance might be also related to the slightly detuned motor in the Euro Mach 1 (460 HP), which when measured at the highest output (460 / 480 = ~0.96, i.e. 4% less), does not seem as a big diff too, but might have a greater impact at lower RPMs (and the lower power output levels).

MLO 351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
As a potential candidate for the swap, I am a bit skeptical about the diff. impact.
3.73 / 3.55 = ~ 1.05
i.e. there is 5% change in the power transfer from the motor to the wheels. I believe that it impacts somehow the performance, but do not expect a huge impact. My concern is that the performance might be also related to the slightly detuned motor in the Euro Mach 1 (460 HP), which when measured at the highest output (460 / 480 = ~0.96, i.e. 4% less), does not seem as a big diff too, but might have a greater impact at lower RPMs (and the lower power output levels).
A tune is the easier option over rear gears, you could start there and see how it feels, still think gears are a good option and will provide the most impact down low.

I've mentioned this before but in the Mach 1, US HP version they run 30 series 315
/19 rear tyres instead of the 40 series 275 /19's on the export models, this also asissts in lowering overall rear gearing, no doubt making the car feel a lot stronger down low.

Sponsored

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Save your money for a change in rear gears. You'll need a tune as well for all the associated worrying stuff to work correctly. My first pick would be 430 gears of they were available. 6th grade fixed all the issues for gas mileage.

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
4.3 in drag mode is my best. I do this every so often on a road near my house...4.4-4.6 is more the norm though. But the kick in second in drag mode is awesome...it feels much more aggressive than the time suggests.
Sponsored