Sponsored

Drag Mode = stuck in 1st at 7800rpm

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
So I took my new '18 to show off to my MOPAR loving brother. I figure 1,200 miles is good enough to wring it out. :thumbsup:

We go to a quiet rode, I put it into drag mode, floor it and it hits 7,800 rpms and hangs there stuck in gear for about 5 seconds AT 7,800 RPM'S!!!

I had my foot off the gas, still hanging up there then suddenly it up shifts.... my brain has exploded from hearing this engine screaming and stuck for what felt like forever! :frusty: :frusty:

Once it upshifted the car acted normal, I waited a bit and figured what the hell, if there is something wrong now is the time to find out plus my brother isn't thinking very highly of the car, he was kind enough not to laugh, that was nice of him.

I drove normally to another side road and once again stopped, set her to drag mode with TC left on and then nailed the gas and she took off and banged gears like we know she can, perfection. :headbang: Brother was duly impressed, loved it even.

So I guess it's ok but still worried that this could even happen, guess it was a computer glitch?? :shrug:
Sponsored

kidamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt 10 sp auto
There has been a lot of glitches with the drag mode, line lock and launch control features on these 18s:tsk:
Sucks that happened man:doh:
More electronics, more glitches just the way cars are now a days.

OP
OP
Loki-GT

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
There has been a lot of glitches with the drag mode, line lock and launch control features on these 18s:tsk:
Sucks that happened man:doh:
I've seen videos of Demon's and Hellcat's trying to use their line lock only for it to glitch at the drag strip. Not friggin cool. :rant:

I won't be driving the car for a few days, so next time I do I'll be testing it again. I wonder how the call to service will go if it glitches again. :shrug:

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
Or you can just turn all that shti off and drive the car yourself.

Sponsored

Bald Menace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Menace
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2 king Cobra
yeah, if you knew anything about drag mode you'd know that shift points and shift firmness are changed in drag mode.

OP
OP
Loki-GT

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Or I could respond to a post like a douchenozzle who doesn't know what the hell he's talking about.

Drive one with drag mode off then on, there is a difference and when used it should work properly.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Just get a manual and you won't have the problem. :frusty: Insert sarcasm now. You know that response is coming.

The A10 is awesome and kicks a manual's ass. Mine hung like that the other day when I had about 2,000 miles on the clock. Worried me for a bit, but all is good. One and only time it has done that. I have 3,000 miles now. Mine is a base car so no drag mode option for me.

OP
OP
Loki-GT

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just get a manual and you won't have the problem. :frusty: Insert sarcasm now. You know that response is coming.
:thumbsup:

The A10 is awesome and kicks a manual's ass. Mine hung like that the other day when I had about 2,000 miles on the clock. Worried me for a bit, but all is good. One and only time it has done that. I have 3,000 miles now. Mine is a base car so no drag mode option for me.
Did it actually hang at redline for several seconds?

growler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp
I wish mine would hang for 7800 or 8000 the engine don't quit the computer just tells it to

Sponsored

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
:thumbsup:

Did it actually hang at redline for several seconds?
It did hang at redline but not for several seconds. Long enough that I lifted off the gas and thought what the hell was that. It shifted after I lifted.

budsell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Mine hangs at high RPMs in drag mode if I'm not wide open throttle. Example when I'm done playing and let out of the throttle a bit it'll stay up in the RPMs. I just hit the toggle back into normal mode and it upshifts like normal.

I tried drag strip mode on the way home from the dealer, and a few times since. Definitely fun stuff with the power in on the shifts like that.

Madtel4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
21 MACH 1, HP 1064, 20 Ranger XLT & 20 Explorer ST
Warranty for 5 years 60K. If it is stock with an auto there is no way the customer can over
rev this thing.
Lee

jbuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Maybe mine was something else, but my A10 did that a few hundred miles before it pooped the bed. Shift solenoids went out and has been back at the dealer for the last week waiting for parts. I'm hoping to have it back within the week

Hornet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'm a manual guy so bear with me if this seems like a stupid question....

Can you not use the paddle to upshift it in that instance? Is it possible you accidently put the gearbox is sports mode where the shifts all become paddle only?

I'm wondering if the issue is it's defaulting to it somehow when put into drag and that's why it's doing it
Sponsored