2019 GT500 Mustang New Spy Video, Pics, Info

CGADAMS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP 1992 SSP LX 5.0 W/ 331 stroker
True. Schooled me. This is what I get for not paying attention in mechanisms class.:eek:
But, my main point remains. The Voodoo wasn't intended to be a boosted engine, and neither, as you said, a stump puller. I feel like Ford is going to go for something more in this category for the new GT500/Cobra engine.

And lets also not forget that higher-torque engines have that feel to them. You know, that heart-against-your-spine feeling when you punch it. I think this will also come into play as people want that feeling when they step on it in their new $80k Mustang, and Ford knows that. Thats the one thing missing from a GT350. The power delivery is very smooth and linear past 3500 RPM, so it just doesn't have that feel to it.
That's why all the uhm.. good ol' boys, to be nice, like their yee-yee diesel pickups. They feel like they're gonna throw you in the back seat. Even though in reality, as us car guys know, the shits are slow.
I was walked by a yee yee diesel truck about a month after I bought my S550.:( I asked what was done while laughing of course and he said it was just turned down to 750hp tune...

I personally can see a CPC 5.2 but I really don't think itll be turbo even though most of us will be foaming at the mouth for it. Itll be a PD blower in good ol ford fashion. Even though we are wanting a drag pack option as well I don't think for will go that route considering they have pulled way back in the drag racing department it seems within the past few years. I feel it will be much more track oriented like the ZL1. but still by no means be a slouch in the 1/4. if they keep postponing I wont complain too much, gives me more time to save for one lol
Sponsored

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
Unsprung weight improves handling and ride quality, so by just driving you will benefit from the lighter CF wheels. Throw some cheap 35lb wheels on and get back to me how unsprung weight has little to no effect on ride quality, handling (even on the street), steering feel, etc..
I never said they weren't beneficial with regards to handling and steering feel, but very marginal an straight line gain. The question isn't is there a benefit, it's is the benefit actually large enough to justify the huge cost. I would love to test some CF wheels on my car but my existing wheels are decently light and at 10k or more for wheels to fit my car doesn't seem worth it. From all the local track guys I've talked to no one says the cost is worth the gain just like carbon ceramic brakes, they're great but at 3k a corner the benefits aren't great enough for the cost. A stand alone option would be the best route, so those that want/use them can have them.

Ponyboy4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dakota
Vehicle(s)
2004 GT Premium
I was walked by a yee yee diesel truck about a month after I bought my S550.:( I asked what was done while laughing of course and he said it was just turned down to 750hp tune...
I would really hate to know how much money he has in that thing to make that kind of power... All the yee-yee guys around here just have a turbo and fuel system upgrade that makes them smoke like hell, plus the Almighty Tuner mod and they think they're hot shit. They're worse than ricers.
Not that I can say too much, I know my car is slow as hell.

Ponyboy4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dakota
Vehicle(s)
2004 GT Premium
I know the 350R isnt a brute but make no mistake, at 3600 lbs and my 155 lb ass in the seat. It will give the seat of the pants tickle at 6,000 in 3rd and 4th
Its a great car, it corners like crazy too. The heart in the spine is slightly there...it needs another 150 torque tho, for brute force.

The crate 5.2 aluminator revs to 8000 doesnt it? Im sure it will retain at least 7500 in this new GT500 CPC. Im hoping ford will somehow transfer the added weight to the rear. The 350 gets a little squirrelly in 1st, the huge torque will prpbably be an issue. I bet that DCT in drag mode will start in 2nd gear. Im truly looking forward to how quick this DCT turns out to run the car. # excited ;) the 0-60 and quarter times will average much more close.
Back on topic,

All I know is when I had a ride in the 350 around here, they way it felt to me was just misleading. It seems slower than it actually is because its not quite as dramatic or punchy feeling like a previous-gen (07-12) GT500 is. Its.. refined. It's not like some sort of pissed off bear.

What are the odds Ford will use something other than a 5.0 or 5.2 you think? If they're for sure going supercharged, I would think they would opt for something with a little more displacement, but I don't see them introducing another "single car" engine either.. Nor would I expect a return of the Trinity in upgraded form, just because of weight reasons.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
[MENTION=22202]machsmith[/MENTION] kudos on 155 lbs, I tip the scales at a slim 195 lbs. Weight reduction starts with the driver at least that's what Bill Glidden said once. Anybody know how much torque the Aluminator makes?
Im the little one in the family ;)
Im.not sure off the top of my head but it aint a lot. 465?

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Back on topic,

All I know is when I had a ride in the 350 around here, they way it felt to me was just misleading. It seems slower than it actually is because its not quite as dramatic or punchy feeling like a previous-gen (07-12) GT500 is. Its.. refined. It's not like some sort of pissed off bear.

What are the odds Ford will use something other than a 5.0 or 5.2 you think? If they're for sure going supercharged, I would think they would opt for something with a little more displacement, but I don't see them introducing another "single car" engine either.. Nor would I expect a return of the Trinity in upgraded form, just because of weight reasons.
Did it need the driver mod? ;) JK
Its gonna be the 5.2 and most likely CPC. Whats gonna give it a good punch is the 2.65L SC.
Im not sure how the torque is gonna be but guessing around 680 if its gonna bave 755+HP.
Just really...really gonna like a auto 500.

Stuntman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
I never said they weren't beneficial with regards to handling and steering feel, but very marginal an straight line gain. The question isn't is there a benefit, it's is the benefit actually large enough to justify the huge cost. I would love to test some CF wheels on my car but my existing wheels are decently light and at 10k or more for wheels to fit my car doesn't seem worth it. From all the local track guys I've talked to no one says the cost is worth the gain just like carbon ceramic brakes, they're great but at 3k a corner the benefits aren't great enough for the cost. A stand alone option would be the best route, so those that want/use them can have them.
The best bang for your buck for drag racing is tires and a SC (on a GT), or road racing it's tires and aero.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
New GT500 .... Centrifugal supercharged.

I said it earlier too. I honestly feel we could see one here.

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
Am I the only one that sees two different mules being tested? If you look at the recent mule pictures they don't look anything alike. One looks way more beefy than the other! We saw the one awhile back with the huge/thick tires and the more recent one with normal tires. Is this to totally different models? I hope maybe like someone one said a base(SC) and maxed out (TT). What are the odds?

Ponyboy4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dakota
Vehicle(s)
2004 GT Premium
Am I the only one that sees two different mules being tested? If you look at the recent mule pictures they don't look anything alike. One looks way more beefy than the other! We saw the one awhile back with the huge/thick tires and the more recent one with normal tires. Is this to totally different models? I hope maybe like someone one said a base(SC) and maxed out (TT). What are the odds?
I'm still fully behind the idea of the second, less beefy mule being a new Mach 1. N/A version of whatever boosted engine goes into the GT500/Cobra, and will end up being something like a beefed up GT, maybe sharing some styling/suspension or other features with the GT500/Cobra.

Sponsored

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
Makes sense to me. Just hope they don't put the GT500 off or further out to release a freaking Mach1. I'm hoping we see the 500 at the Dec/Jan auto shows. We better be able to purchase this bad boy next year!

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Something else to look forward to this winter, sort of a Christmas present.

Ponyboy4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dakota
Vehicle(s)
2004 GT Premium
If its anything like the refresh though, we'll have what the car looks like but NO FREAKING IDEA what kind of numbers it has for another 6-8 months.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Next step is confirmation of CPC or FPC. This article posts CPC but another sites insiders say FPC. Anyone in the know want to confirm?

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
If its anything like the refresh though, we'll have what the car looks like but NO FREAKING IDEA what kind of numbers it has for another 6-8 months.
Theoretically, at 3900 lbs and 800 HP, with a drag pack car you could see low 10s.
The demon at 4200 lbs and 840 HP. Is a lower HP to weight than the GT500 would be at 3900 lbs and 800HP.
Calculator says 10.38 ET for GT500 vs 10.48 for demon at those weights. IMO the demon makes way more than 840HP to get the 9.6 times. Maybe 840 WP haha. Im sure my calculator is off a bit. Either way if numbers above were true...the GT500 in that form could even beat a demon.
Sponsored