I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red GT W/PP, 401a
Vehicle Showcase
If only you did your topmount at that price you would own the FI arena. Cant do lowmount turbo's. I daily mine would be worried to death about them.

Love seeing new products though. Keeps the market fresh and the innovation going
Sponsored

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
Awesome idea. Can't wait to see one in action.

Hellion FTW! :headbang:

GT2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NADA BRAH
If only you did your topmount at that price you would own the FI arena. Cant do lowmount turbo's. I daily mine would be worried to death about them.

Love seeing new products though. Keeps the market fresh and the innovation going
Tons of other DOH V cars run low mount. It's fine. If you're "worried" about the turbos getting rusted etc from salt, spend 300$ and have a local guy make you a psuedo skidplate out of aluminum. Or even get some corrugated plastic signage material. There's no real risk with these things. Give them a proper oil return and you're set. If anything, this kit will be a lot easier to install than the other.

Kinjirra

I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red GT W/PP, 401a
Vehicle Showcase
Tons of other DOH V cars run low mount. It's fine. If you're "worried" about the turbos getting rusted etc from salt, spend 300$ and have a local guy make you a psuedo skidplate out of aluminum. Or even get some corrugated plastic signage material. There's no real risk with these things. Give them a proper oil return and you're set. If anything, this kit will be a lot easier to install than the other.

Ya I would still be worried. I;ve seen what happens to hot metal when it gets hit with cold water...not cool. piece of mind I will stick with top mounts. Plus what the fun in hiding all that stuff... My car is already kinda obvious that its not stock and I want the screamer surge covers lol.

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
Plus what the fun in hiding all that stuff... My car is already kinda obvious that its not stock and I want the screamer surge covers lol.
The screamer covers are incredibly intoxicating :love: I love mine.

Sponsored

OP
OP
HELLION TURBO

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Do you have any photos of the complete kit lay on the ground? Interested to see the complete setup
Hello.

We will have a full kit image for everyone next week.

If anyone would like a parts list emailed to them please message us or email
[email protected] and we can send one over.

OP
OP
HELLION TURBO

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Is the 62mm cast turbo option the same as on your other kit? just trying to see comparative results per boost etc

Also what's your estimated install time
The 62 cast wheel turbo included in the base kit is a "Sleeper" brand turbo that is specifically used for this system and not available in our Eliminator top mount kits.

Installation by a person with moderate mechanical skill should take no longer than a day.

Do you mind expanding on this more? Was this more of a price point decision or was there an opportunity that these cast wheels work better in this scenario? Just curious why it is available on this kit and not the others and if it has any impact on performance. I'm not looking to make an 8 second record breaking machine but don't mind putting in extra to reach my goals.
We made the "Sleeper" turbo standard on this kit for lower initial cost but with the same performance in the 650-850 range. If one desires to pursue over 850 rwhp we really recommend an upgrade to a Ball Bearing setup.

Seems like the same design principles as some other S550 brands - low mount, minimal hotside, oil scavenge pump, stock header mounting, etc.

The kicker... it's from the brand that will always deliver on promises, and has the most proven track record (in every sense of the phrase) of any Mustang turbo system manufacturer. I spy a return fitting on the oil cap. What's my prize? haha. Also, is the coating on the IC one of the high thermal conductivity coatings (i.e. cerakote P-202Q)?

Is there a chance for a GT350 variant system in the future? I'm trying to talk myself down from ordering headers, and the only thought keeping me from pulling that rigger is the thought that I may want boost some day.
The standard coating is a durable powdercoat, but we did not see any negative effects for cooling in our testing. We can offer a thermal coating at an extra charge if desired.

We do not have a GT350 conversion at this time, but we do have our Top Mount Eliminator kit for the Shelby's on the shelf.

How do bottom mount turbos fare when driven year round, ie snow, salt, - 30c temps?
We have been building systems like this on our Hemi cars, Camaros and GT500's with no ill effects from the elements. The turbos are very rugged, and have done amazingly well.

Is there's any advantage to this or your other kit for daily drive. What setup would you recommend for stock motor 650-750 hp mt 82 car with future plans of around 900-1000 once the stock motor lets go ?
Either of our systems will get you to these goals. In our opinion, choosing the location of the turbos depends on personal preference--visible or hidden. Powerwise, either will exceed your expectations.

Team Hellion

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
HELLION TURBO

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Is the wastegate open or recirculated?
This kit has the WG open. Our Top mount Eliminator kit is recirculated.

We were able to make over 630 rwhp with stock exhaust on pump gas with the WG open on the S.S. kit.

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
I like it!
Looks like a stock 5.0 with a no name cai. :lol:

mustank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
is it possible to get it without the fake airbox? I know that is the trick with this kit, just curious if that is an option

OP
OP
HELLION TURBO

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
is it possible to get it without the fake airbox? I know that is the trick with this kit, just curious if that is an option
Of course! We can send our standard intake pipe at the same cost:thumbsup:

toplesstripcruiser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 50th Mustang GT vert, '03 yellow Evo
Fake? I thought it uses stock airbox.

Also I would think the turbos mounted low would be advantageous. Not exposed to under hood temps, cooler air flow under the car, and splashes of cool water from the road during rain to keep the turbos cool.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.