drewzh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, Magnetic Grey, Magneride
Vehicle Showcase
Hi it was me who you seen this morning! Wanted to ask are you getting the ceramic coating done from someone or our you doing it yourself
Hey again! I'm actually going to do this myself. I have numerous decontaminate chemicals, clay bar (don't think I'll need that), dual action polisher, jet washer, 2 buckets with grit catchers, isotropic alcohol, applicator pads, lint-free microfiber towels, electric air dryer, super bright inspection lamps etc, the list goes on. It's not for the faint-hearted, but I've been washing my own cars for years now and I've done my research on DIY ceramic coating.

Honestly, I'd probably recommend getting someone else to do it though if you're not super confident as it could be a right nightmare to correct if done wrong! I imagine it'll be around ÂŁ500-600 quid though as a rough guide to get it done professionally... one benefit is that they'll use the 'pro' formulas that last longer and are more hard wearing. The cost is mostly in the labor rather than the materials; it can be very time-consuming!

Either way, the results are pretty amazing; definitely check out some videos on youtube.

Personally I'm using http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/sealants/gtechniq-exo-v3-and-crystal-serum-light/prod_1636.html
Sponsored

dwaine dibbley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 Coupe 2016
I used this guy, http://www.obsidiandetailing.com

Matt his name is, near Oldham.

Very, very professional, look him up on the Detailing World forum, his name on there is Stangalang. I’m very pleased with the work.

simonp83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT S550
Saw a black 2018 GT Automatic in Sandicliffe Nottingham, oh it looks so much nicer than the original pictures looked, especially in black. Salesman said it was pushing ÂŁ50k though.

Sponsored

PaulSlide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue GT
Cool....can anyone recommend somewhere in Manchester who does ceramic coating?
These guys have a workshop in Alderley Edge, if that's any closer for you. I haven't used them yet though, so can't recommend them with any experience.

*Edit* They use the Gtechniq stuff Drewzh is recommending.

Sponsored

PaulSlide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue GT
Collection confirmed for tomorrow! You've probably seen these on a Facebook group, but here we go anyway. The HDR on the camera actually doesn't help the colour (thanks Samsung) but it's covered in crap anyway. Panels all looked good. I couldn't check the interior or the rest of the paint, but I'm a very happy camper so far.
20180603_133900.jpg
20180603_125808.jpg
20180603_130121.jpg
20180603_125717.jpg

Jim W

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.emco.co.uk
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 E63s AMG, 18MY GT Convertible
Looking good Paul... I look forward to having a smile like yours in a few weeks. My GT Vert is on the Atlantic Sun due to arrive in Liverpool on Saturday 9th June. Then another couple of weeks before I get to collect it from my dealer.

I think I will be one of the last to get delivery of their MY18! (ordered December 6th, built March 26th)

Jameshswfc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost Convertible Auto DIB Custom Pack
So, after putting an order in January, confirmed blend date of April 10th, I was expecting a little longer wait.......... Turns out mine is in Liverpool already....... Best go and make the best of the 'vert before she departs.........
Sponsored