Sponsored

DSC Magneride

BSures

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Haven't heard much talk on the forums lately regarding the magneride tune available. Wanted to see if anyone out there has installed this and what their impressions are.
Sponsored

Wine dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT 350
Wow suprised you got no feedback, there is a group buy option but guys are looking for some feedback. Anyone got some?

OP
OP

BSures

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
DSC tuner

I've had my DSC tuner on for about 2 years now, with three track days. Works great and is very easy to install.

What I noticed immediately about this product is it seems to allow you to feel the difference in the tuning parameters. I always felt that out of the box normal/sport/track were harder for me to feel (seat of the pants), but with the DSC tuner I can tell the difference. Best part is if I don't like how something feels I have the ability to tweak settings.

Normal I now refer to cadillac mode, sport is true sport and track is takes it up even further.

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
The thing with it is while I understand the unlimited tuning potential, I do not have the know how or the time to tweak all this a lot (a little is not a problem). I like to tinker with things but I also like to enjoy the car without thinking too much about it. So what I am basically saying is that I am really interested in the idea of this controller but I am not sure if it is what I want. I read a lot of threads on the Corvette forums where this is a lot more popular. and it is a bit of a mixed bag. I wish there were a reputable shop selling tunes (I would gladly pay for it) for GT350s other than the default ones which some like and some do not it seems. Which brings me to the question: how good are the default tunes for GT350 - and yes I am worried because it does not seem to have the level of community support as Corvettes or Porsches?

Wine dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT 350
I also don’t have the skills to know what to change or tune, so I rely on others, my speed shop is familiar with this for other cars and they said it’s a great addition to my Steeda suspension upgrade, I also spoke to the manufacturer and they said it would be doubtful that I would want to tweak anything, they said few folks are so advanced that they would need to, to make it better for their needs,

Sponsored

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
Also going with what I mentioned before about support.

DSC already provides updated calibrations for V3 controllers for Corvettes and Porsches. The latest GT350 update is quite old (no V3 specific calibrations I could find). Their recommended alignment settings are a bit unusual as well:

STREET/ TRACK
Mustang GT350
Camber Toe per corner Caster
Front
-1.2° +1.0mm +6.9°
Rear
-1.0° +1.0mm

Note: Rear camber – do not exceed -1.0°

If I had a 991 or a Corvette I would probably go for it since it seems there is a lot of support for them. I just do not see it happening for our cars at this point.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
I wonder if Ford Performance will release their own Magneride update like GM just did for the Vette.

Sponsored

Wine dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT 350
Sorry I am unable to cut and paste, but if u look for the DSC group buy thread there is a link for signing up for the order

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
when you install this unit does a flash your pcm?

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
No, it is plug and play. Remove the stock magneride computer, put this back in. You can get the bracket and that will make the swap even more less of a pain.

You can read more here: http://www.dscsport.com

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
The thing with it is while I understand the unlimited tuning potential, I do not have the know how or the time to tweak all this a lot (a little is not a problem). I like to tinker with things but I also like to enjoy the car without thinking too much about it. So what I am basically saying is that I am really interested in the idea of this controller but I am not sure if it is what I want. I read a lot of threads on the Corvette forums where this is a lot more popular. and it is a bit of a mixed bag. I wish there were a reputable shop selling tunes (I would gladly pay for it) for GT350s other than the default ones which some like and some do not it seems. Which brings me to the question: how good are the default tunes for GT350 - and yes I am worried because it does not seem to have the level of community support as Corvettes or Porsches?
How long did it take Ford to tune the suspension setup? How long did it take DCS or any tunner to "dial in " the tune? I would say probably just a fraction of the time spent on tunning that Ford did. Can the tune be altered to be made better? SURE! Will three track days and street driving get it done? ABSOLUTELY NOT! Because it feels good does not mean it performs better. Where is all the test data? where are the baseline comparisons? I work for test center for aviation and I can assure you that the testing OEM's do will far surpass any aftermarket company. All I am saying is that you will need lots of time on track and street, and I mean lots to actually make a tune that is better performing. Going by "feels good to me" means diddly squat.
Sponsored