The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Concerns well founded

This is exactly what I was afraid of happening and I'm really glad I went with the 2017 loaded up with options.

The 2018 is simply too expensive for those options. There's other cars in that tier I would be looking at instead.
Yeah glad I got my 2017 when I did. Plus I can always add to my garage later with a S650. Hopefully it doesn't cost an arm and a leg - because I like Manual
Transmission and need a pair to drive it. :lol:
Sponsored

Sl13cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500
Not to be cynical, but I think this is what Ford wants. The more EcoBoost sales the better for their corporate MPG average. They wanna be "green" for their corporate image. And them dropping the EcoBoost price is a clear signal that they can manipulate pricing however they like. They made the EcoBoost an even better value and hiked up the GT price, made the Performance Pack an extra 1k on the GT for no reason, etc. They're trying to price some out of GTs and into EcoBoosts. It'll work for the average joes but most of us on here that love the V8 will either find a way to afford the higher costs or stick with the 15-17s. Watch V8 pricing continue to rise with the next generation as the V8 slowly continues to get bullied into eventual extinction. I bet the Hybrid Mustang in 2021 will be an even better value. :headbonk:
This ^^^^^^^^

However, you won't catch me alive in an ecoboost or hybrid Mustang, unless it's a rental car.

'Eco' anything on a muscle car is just plain retarded.

Sl13cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500
And I'm not even remotely considering a 2018 until Ford decides to tell me exactly what's in the car ..... is the base GT really equipped similarly to the 15-'17 PP cars ? What is this PP2 ??

VenomousSVT

about to take the plunge
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger WideBody ScatPack
And I'm not even remotely considering a 2018 until Ford decides to tell me exactly what's in the car ..... is the base GT really equipped similarly to the 15-'17 PP cars ? What is this PP2 ??
you do realize you can build on on their site and see exactly whats in it right?

and there are 2 performance packs this year.. PP1 which is similar to last years and one yet to be detailed or released. PP2.

Sponsored

Sl13cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500
you do realize you can build on on their site and see exactly whats in it right?

and there are 2 performance packs this year.. PP1 which is similar to last years and one yet to be detailed or released. PP2.
Yep. I do.

sk8erord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Performance Pack
Didn't I read that the base 2018s will get suspension tuning equivalent to the PP on the 15-17 cars? So the new PP is an upgrade to even that, correct? That plus tires is probably the price difference there. Still expensive, though. :(

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Didn't I read that the base 2018s will get suspension tuning equivalent to the PP on the 15-17 cars? So the new PP is an upgrade to even that, correct? That plus tires is probably the price difference there. Still expensive, though. :(
Correct. The new PP is a stiffer/more track capable suspension, along with everything else the PP got you from 15-17 (brakes, torsen, 3.73s, radiator, chassis stiffening).

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

slag1911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
Based on the configurator, the GT performance package appears basically to be a carry over from the 2015-17 model. The main differences are availability for automatics (w/ 3.55 gear), rear spoiler (w/ optional delete), Michelin vs. Pirelli rubber (dimensions remain unchanged), and of course the price.

I had read that the base GT was to receive a tweak in spring rates to make it a bit more "sporty", but I haven't seen any spring rates published at this time.

However there is a whole lot more to the PP option than shock/strut rates. Watching with high interest what the "PP-2" package consists of.

Sponsored

JoeySD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
16' BMW M2, 6MT, Long Beach Blue Metalic
Hmm I remember reading there would be "12 different wheel options" ...looking looking :shrug:

(I do know the new nickel forged 19" wheel is late availability but still)

yep still looking....I still don't see 12 wheel options !! lol :shrug:

Bybotie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, HP
10sp, PP, Recaro, MR =$52,970! Ford has priced the "average Joe" out of the Mustang GT.

VenomousSVT

about to take the plunge
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger WideBody ScatPack