Sponsored

2018 Mustang Build & Price on July 25 [UPDATE: Now Live!]

BGM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang V6
I guess Ford had me in mind when they did this package arrangement.

Using x-plan, my 2018 build came out to $37,353. That's 301A, enhanced security package, active exhaust.

For comparison, my 2017 build came out to $37,058. Since Sync 3 is a must have for me, that's a premium with enhanced security package, 3.55 ratio.

Soooo for $300 more essentially, I get 25 more HP out of the box, '17 PP equivalent suspension (allegedly) without expensive-to-replace tires and brakes, active exhaust. All I lose out on are leather seats and a couple other creature comforts I guess?

For a daily driver that would slog through snow, cruise the highways somewhat frequently and with little desire to mod, '18 seems to win it here for me.

To each their own!
Sponsored

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
about 2k

For X pricing:
On new tab, go to www.fordpartner.com , enter MC405 to get in

Go to vehicles/pricing for Ford and launch the build and price for the 2017. You'll get that welcome x-plan participant stuff and see x-plan pricing for the 2017

Now modify the URL by adding /2018/ after Mustang.
How do I go about applying for the X-plan? I know I have to join the MCA right? It's dropped it like 2k. O_O

Mustang1348

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Does the PP come with 10 speed? Don't you also have to include rhst as an option otherwise it's 6?

Also the performance will come close. The question then becomes is 2 tenths of a second in the 0-60/quarter mile worth the extra 15 k?
Yes the pp is an option you can get with the 10 speed auto. Idk where you're getting 2 tenths from, but it's a lot more than that in just 0-60. No quarter mile time will be even more than that. And $15k? What are you drunk? Lol. Look on the same ford website if I build a loaded premium 2017 it comes out to about $48k. Now that's with the shitty 6-speed auto and no performance package, not to mention no magneride. The point is, you can't go by these prices. I would never get the car loaded though

Last edited:

Seceda91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G35 M6 - Want a V8!!
Maybe I'm missing something but why is everyone obsessed with having Magneride? I haven't driven a GT350 with it but I've driven Camaros, Corvettes and some Germans with the Magnetic Ride Control or Adaptive Dampers and it makes very little difference. In the GM cars I honestly couldn't even tell anything at sane speeds. Maybe at the track it's more noticeable. And if most on here swap springs anyway, why pay 4k for the Performance Pack and upgrade them just to take them off? If the 2018 suspension has some improvements already, unless you're a diehard track guy and need the Brembos I think if most are being realistic about their street driving, they'd probably be better off sticking with the standard suspension and saving $5,500. Might help with the price hike. But to each their own.
I agree, I'll rather get the active exhaust over it.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Hmm I remember reading there would be "12 different wheel options" ...looking looking :shrug:

(I do know the new nickel forged 19" wheel is late availability but still)
"12 different wheel options" is probably the biggest hugwash of this entire model year. In some cases there are 2 options, but in most cases there is just one. Wheels are 90% tied into these stupid packages and cannot be exchanged. Which means probably 50% or more are getting the wheels they don't want, because they want something else from that stupid package.

Maybe I'm missing something but why is everyone obsessed with having Magneride? I haven't driven a GT350 with it but I've driven Camaros, Corvettes and some Germans with the Magnetic Ride Control or Adaptive Dampers and it makes very little difference. In the GM cars I honestly couldn't even tell anything at sane speeds. Maybe at the track it's more noticeable. And if most on here swap springs anyway, why pay 4k for the Performance Pack and upgrade them just to take them off? If the 2018 suspension has some improvements already, unless you're a diehard track guy and need the Brembos I think if most are being realistic about their street driving, they'd probably be better off sticking with the standard suspension and saving $5,500. Might help with the price hike. But to each their own.
That's exactly how I see it. You need to go aftermarket on suspension anyway to have a decent stance on this car. Nicer wheels than all these small and high ET Ford ones can be had aplenty in the aftermarket too and nobody has ever needed 6-piston brakes on a street car. They are nice, but not $4,000 nice.

Has uh, anyone seen this rim on the 18 orders? I tried all the combos but could not find it.

18MST_wheels_01_large.jpg
They are late availability. Therefore not yet entered in the builder, just like for example the EcoBoost Pony Pack.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
we'll know for sure if the giant sales gap was tied to price. Now that the Mustang & Camaro are near peers in price and performance.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
:ford:
gtpp2.jpg
gtpp21.jpg

Last edited:

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
Wait for a few road tests by the magazines. If they have high praise for the new goodies, people will be raiding piggy banks!

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
Those prices now have me in the market for a used GT350 / C7 Vette.

Sponsored

BGM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang V6
You bastard!!! LOL jk I wish I had less expensive taste but something about the performance package and magneride get me all bonered up.
Haha, it's not that I don't want all of the performance/luxury goodies. I just don't want to pay (rather, can't afford to pay)for them. So I take out my frustration by mixing things up and being rational on the internet every once in a while :lol:

In fairness to Ford, if you want an affordable pony car, it's possible. Even the Ecoboost is a better performer than most of what they did before. Base GTs will probably still sell for $30K or less in reality. If you want the Mustang to take on BMW, etc. that's possible too. Unfortunately, it will run the cost up, but I like that Ford presents those options for a variety of budgets as opposed to moving the Mustang exclusively up-market as a BMW fighter or restraining it to keep it as a value performer. Perhaps a questionable decision from a branding standpoint, but we'll see how it all plays out.

The only people left in the cold are those that want to have the fastest, fanciest Mustang available while having it live up to its affordable ideals. Of course, that's 99.9% of us on this forum :lol:

tonyd1

US NAVY,US ARMY,USCG-RET
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Ruby Red PP,Automatic
Mine will be 53,655 but mine is specked out :D. I will be ordering it next Saturday :D
mine came in at 53,555 not subtracting my x-plan and military discount, so hopefully 49-50000. Still very high for a GT mustang:eyebulge::eyebulge::eyebulge:

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
One year membership for MCA is $50, that's all it takes.
They have a $35 digital membership if you don't want a paper copy of their magazine.

You will need the membership card when you order the car which might take a few weeks from when you join.

VenomousSVT

about to take the plunge
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger WideBody ScatPack
well just did my build, finally an opportunity to do so, 42k on the x plan. was hoping it would be under 40 but that damn performance pack is pricy. honestly the 301a suites my needs, i have 0 want for a premium pack anymore. there are a few things that ford botched but overall i think they did well pricing the stang with the available options. though i think i might be in the minority currently lol

btw my options are orange fury, mag ride, pp, 301a and the security package.
I feel like i NEED to join mustang club of america again just to get x plan... seems like EVERYONE has it now and its literally like $3k

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
They have a $35 digital membership if you don't want a paper copy of their magazine.

You will need the membership card when you order the car which might take a few weeks from when you join.
When I bought my '15, I didn't need the MCA membership at time of ordering, only when I picked it up and filled out paperwork 7 months later

Delivery is probably 3-4 months out so up to you when to sign up.
Sponsored