bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Police are just afraid to pull over black Mustangs. Because they look so gangster!
Sponsored

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350,2015 f350 lariat,05 Acura rsx,19 gt 10r80 on order
Hell yeah!! I'm in luck!

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
If this makes anyone feel better i received a speeding ticket while heading home from shift. I was in my uniform(firefighter) and the guy still ticketed me plus gave me a no proof of insurance ticket because my phone was taking forever to load up my insurance card. I asked him why he couldn't give me a break since i haven't received a ticket in 9 years and he said because you know what speed does. I said well thank you trooper and went about my business. I hired the ticket clinic though and I'm currently waiting for the results for that case.
Yowzer like ticketing a brother :crazy:

So ... how fast where you going and was he a young guy ?

Respect for them all but the young guys seem to be out to prove stuff. Glad I'm not in there shoes. Tough job. Any traffic stop could be end for them. You to tho, any call could be ...well you know. Respect for you also :thumbsup:

Me, I'm the medical Field saving lives. Not as rugged but it has its moments. I always whip out the stethoscope and name tag when I get pulled over. Use to work for me years ago but so much now. :shrug:

At least I've slowed down a little now that I'm older and kinda wiser :clap2:

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
+1...just own up and pay.

I would suggest this, but in NJ the insurance company dicks you over. I got dinged about 400-500 dollars more on my premium because of one ticket when I purchased the Mustang new. The violation was from my previous car. I had a flawless record and no accidents for 15 somewhat years with the same insurance company.

That one is a mistake, two is a pattern does not work when you go to put a sports car on your insurance. You will end up paying 1-2k more over the span of 3-5 years on insurance which makes plea bargaining or fighting it sense.

The town almost expects you too, because they usually just offer you a larger fine with no points just to get you out of their hair.

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
At least you don't have to do 35 hours of community service.
I got 1 hour of community service for each mile I went over the speed limit.
Good thing I already pay for and serve dinners at our local homeless shelter once a month already.
My county has the strictest traffic law out of all the North Carolina.
They will not let you off. Even if you know the Mayor, Judge, and DAs...

Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Sounds like your blaming the cop. Its your fault, get a good radar detector and never get a ticket again!
Not quite....any cop worth his badge knows you don't leave your speed gun on all the time. Detectors don't do crap for instant on or POP hits, except tell you that you've just been tagged.

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
Good thing I already pay for and serve dinners at our local homeless shelter once a month already.
I'm not surprised at all. NC was the state that organized that street racing sting back in 2008 to get out of town racers to show up in North Carolina for fines and vehicle seizures. A friend of mine had his vehicle held out there for two weeks until the bank got involved and got it released.

I don't know what it is about NC and VA, they're as draconian as Great Britain when it comes to traffic laws but good luck executing an out of state warrant then they act like your violating their sovereignty or something.

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
What county is this? Just so I know where to not speed.

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
This thread makes me miss Germany. Sure I got popped by the occasional speed camera there but those are usually in a town where you should watch your speed. It also does nothing in terms of points or insurance. Seems to me in the US it is rarely about safety...more about filling the coffers.

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
This thread makes me miss Germany. Sure I got popped by the occasional speed camera there but those are usually in a town where you should watch your speed. It also does nothing in terms of points or insurance. Seems to me in the US it is rarely about safety...more about filling the coffers.
After 35 years of driving I've come to the conclusion US DOTs would rather penalize everyone to drive down to the lowest common skill level than elevate driver training, education, licensing and maintenance requirements to levels that match the capabilities of the cars today.

But none of that will matters, in 20 years we'll be ferried about in rented self driving cubes and I'll be happily dead.

Sponsored

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White
This thread makes me glad I have LEO friends, and that I rarely hit 10 over.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Yeah, I got a ticket yesterday. For going straight from the left hand turn only lane.

I'm a bit pissed with myself, a truly bone-headed move to do RIGHT IN FRONT OF A COP.

Jesus......I'm such a moron. First ticket in...15 years?

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
Yeah, I got a ticket yesterday. For going straight from the left hand turn only lane.

I'm a bit pissed with myself, a truly bone-headed move to do RIGHT IN FRONT OF A COP.

Jesus......I'm such a moron. First ticket in...15 years?

He wouldn't have pulled you over if your car was black. :cool:

The color yellow has been proven to cause stress in most people. Sometimes evoking an aggressive response. Plus, it stands out.

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
What county is this? Just so I know where to not speed.
Alamance County... Where I-40 and I-85 meets for about 20 miles.
State Troopers are always on the exit/on ramps clocking folks.
beware of the overpass/bridges. They will sit there and clock folks and relay them to the other troopers waiting to hit the on-ramp @ 100+ miles to chase people down.
I think mostly they're out there for drug traffickers. Just don't speed in Alamance County.

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
This thread makes me glad I have LEO friends, and that I rarely hit 10 over.
LEO friends?
I have Mayor friend, Judge friends, DA friends, US Marshall friend, local detective friends...
how does that help you not speed? :lol:
Sponsored