Dealer doublecross

1966 2+2 289

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
supercharged V8 Jaguar
I ordered my 19 Bullitt months ago, the sales manager has given regular updates including my VIN. Yesterday he calls to tell me that he is getting only one car and the owner of the dealership has decided that their is so much interest in the car that they will auction the car to the highest bidder. The dealer intends to call everyone who has expressed an interest, have them come to the dealership and have a live auction for the car. I just know that some fool will come in and pay more than 65,000 dollars for MY car. I expected ADM but not this.
Sponsored

SiMuL

.wise selectah.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT CO PP
I would go to the news and post all over social media with this. Make that dealer look like the selfish greedy pricks they are.

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to hear that. I'd ask for an email confirming that. Then convey to social media and news, etcetera. At least you'd have evidence and all that...!

TheOilman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2017 SB GT Premium PP
If you have a written agreement with the dealer ford the purchase of the car then you can lawyer up and get a gt350 thrown in for free lol. Sounds super shady so there needs to be more info on it...Do you have a copy of your order sheet with your name, etc

Sponsored

Allegro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2018 RC GT Premium
This is not the first Bullitt auction, nor will it be the last. More dealers will be going this route. A Vancouver B.C. dealer auctioned off a Bullitt last week. Haven't heard what the hammer price was, but the high bidder will be buying a car he hasn't even seen.

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
Not to side track the conversation, but, is the Bullitt a limited edition, i.e. only a certain volume being made?

If that is not the case, does it really matter? We'll all get one 'eventually', no?

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
This is not the first Bullitt auction, nor will it be the last. More dealers will be going this route. A Vancouver B.C. dealer auctioned off a Bullitt last week. Haven't heard what the hammer price was, but the high bidder will be buying a car he hasn't even seen.
Only if he also wins the next auction for that exact same car when the dealer decides its worth more. ;)

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
Yes, I think we are going to hear allot more of these stories....

Honestly, part of me is nervous on this whole thing. My dealer is getting two or three, so I suspect this is what they may do with one of them....

FlowForm_Wheels

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hrewheels.com
First Name
HRE Wheels
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Not surprised, there's for sure a handful of shady dealerships around that will do this to a customer. Some dealers clearly have no want to provide any decent customer service, this is awful.

Hopefully the dealership has some karma coming.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
If you've got money down and a written agreement, I'd be doing a little pushing back. ;)

Otherwise, you might be screwed. It's a total dick move on the dealership's part, that's for sure.

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Even here in Canada!! Local Ford dealership just did the same thing here last week!! Auctioned off the VIN !!!

Make sure they have the proper auction lisense for an auction!! I don’t think anyone can just decide to have an auction??? Unfortunately you’re right.... someone with deep pockets and a desire will buy it from under you! It sucks...but nothing you can do!

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
If you have a signed sales agreement wouldn't that be breech of contract? I wouldn't go down without a fight. And if nothing else, go to the auction, they might be bluffing. And if they aren't, you'll at least get a good look at the dummy that's willing to pay a huge markup on a car that will depreciate just like the rest. Stories like this make my blood boil. Best of luck to you and if nothing else, list the dealer here. We should start a forum-wide blacklist of shady dealers.

Cornbinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT Velocity Blue (460 HP) '78 Lincoln (460 CID
If that is not the case, does it really matter? We'll all get one 'eventually', no?[/QUOTE]

...and the answer is NO, we all won't be getting one! My dealer forwarded me the email from the District Sales Manager that says NONE will be allocated to the Twin Cities region "at least for MY2019". So, my order that's been in since late March was worthless. As such, the dealer and I changed my Bullitt order to a bespoke '19 Premium pkg coupe (at least this will match my F-150's paint color). So I get to wait AGAIN for how knows long for the order to be inputted. Might as well order the tire chains for it, since it'll likely show up during a blizzard in Nov.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
...and the answer is NO, we all won't be getting one! My dealer forwarded me the email from the District Sales Manager that says NONE will be allocated to the Twin Cities region "at least for MY2019". So, my order that's been in since late March was worthless. As such, the dealer and I changed my Bullitt order to a bespoke '19 Premium pkg coupe (at least this will match my F-150's paint color). So I get to wait AGAIN for how knows long for the order to be inputted. Might as well order the tire chains for it, since it'll likely show up during a blizzard in Nov.
In your case, if I were you I'd just get a Bullitt from another state and have it shipped or make a road trip home. The dealer I ordered from is 4 hours away and I did that just to avoid the extra 2 weeks of the car sitting on a train lol but I'm more antsy about this car than most.
Sponsored