NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Ford needs to do things the Porsche way; most things are available as separate options, and you build what you want.

From a sales perspective, small jumps in price will cause people to spend more than huge jumps in price for packages that include things buyers don't want.
Sponsored

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Im actually surprised at all the people that are listing the active exhaust. since i plan on buying after market i dont need to pay for it.. the MagneRide im 50/50 on, most buy aftermarket springs to lower their car, can you still do it with the MagneRide? if not then no reason to get that for me.. i dont want to slam it but a 1" drop with the project6gr wheels look perfect in my eyes.

Also dont really care to much about MSRP as Xplan and rebates will bring it down.. maybe not as much as a 17 in November/December, but should still be at or under 40k OTD

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
well just did my build, finally an opportunity to do so, 42k on the x plan. was hoping it would be under 40 but that damn performance pack is pricy. honestly the 301a suites my needs, i have 0 want for a premium pack anymore. there are a few things that ford botched but overall i think they did well pricing the stang with the available options. though i think i might be in the minority currently lol

btw my options are orange fury, mag ride, pp, 301a and the security package.

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
Ford needs to do things the Porsche way; most things are available as separate options, and you build what you want.

From a sales perspective, small jumps in price will cause people to spend more than huge jumps in price for packages that include things buyers don't want.
I think it's easier for Porsche to pull off as a relatively low volume, premium vehicle manufacturer. Part of what allows Ford to sell these cars at these prices is a manufacturing process that's streamlined by fewer possible build differences.

... Of course, the process still doesn't cost Porsche THAT much money. They still print money with every goddamn car they sell.

Sponsored

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
$4000 for the PP is awful.
That was my initial reaction. I believe the 2017's had a price hike from $1995 to $2495?

BUT

If, iiiiiiiifffff you plan on keeping the PP wheels, they now at least come with tires that are worth a damn, Michelin PS4S. The MPSS replacement.

Now, that doesn't totally justify the $1500 difference. But I spent a hefty chunk of change replacing my PP wheels with new ones and MPSS. Granted, I took the opportunity to go to 19x10 square with 285's, and the new PS4S are in the same old PP size which IMO is too narrow in the front.

Here's what really made me barf a bit:

My 2017, had I not optioned it with Recaros, would have had a MSRP of 36,040. That's just a base with PP. A 2018 Base with PP is 39,900.

That's a 3,860 overall price hike. You could do a pretty nice wheel and tire upgrade on a 2017 with money to spare for that much.

I'm just glad that I was in the market for a car when I was. Hopefully dealers are able to offer some nice discounts on the 2018's, because they're no longer really cheaper than the Camaro.

cobra1320

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Cobra
Looks like Ford is following GM on the pricing and looking to make a big profit on each car even if they sell less of them. Really hurts the average consumer.

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
Are they switching to a 2 piece rear bumper for the non-premiums? Would be nice to have another option for a quad exhaust valence on base 2015-17's

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
Im actually surprised at all the people that are listing the active exhaust. since i plan on buying after market i dont need to pay for it..
If the active exhaust sounds even close to as good as a typical aftermarket axleback option (and if the GT350 is any indication, I'm hopeful that it will), I'll be 100% sold on it. It's dual-mode, OEM/warrantied, AND a good bit cheaper.

It's one of the more appealing updates for the new MY, IMO.

That was my initial reaction. I believe the 2017's had a price hike from $1995 to $2495?
I bought a 2015, and I could swear the performance package on my car was $2495. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong... May needa dig up my window sticker.

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I think it's easier for Porsche to pull off as a relatively low volume, premium vehicle manufacturer. Part of what allows Ford to sell these cars at these prices is a manufacturing process that's streamlined by fewer possible build differences.

... Of course, the process still doesn't cost Porsche THAT much money. They still print money with every goddamn car they sell.
I'm not knowledgeable on what it would cost Ford in manufacturing processes to make the options individual.

Hell, it could be $0. Or very little in computer programming.

Dunno.

stageron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2559, Lexus NX300
I can get to the build site from the links on these pages but I can't seem to find it on the Ford web site. Still just seeing the 2017 build, what am I missing?

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Well, this makes my decision easier. I was going to consider getting the 18, but seeing as how the same configuration as my current one (besides the Magneride) is 16k more I'll stick with the 16 and just mod that away.

$700 CAI/tune + $4000 coilovers will run away from a stock 18 GTPP with Magneride...for less than 1/3rd of the cost.

Not really shocked to see the PP almost double in price...I mean for what you were getting in parts, ~$2000 was a friggin bargain. Someone put together a list of all the parts separately and they were closer to $5000...so I think Ford realized and got pricing back up to what it should be based on individual parts price.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Now we're waiting for a proper road-test/technical write-up on the 2018s.

-The MT82 is supposed to be better. Is it?
-There are supposedly changes to the suspension. What are they?
-How well do the new PP tires work? Lateral Gs?
-How does the new engine run? It really is heavily revised, including the bore & stroke IIRC, plus DI and other changes. Is it Beast Mode Plus Super Happy Fun Time?
-The new 10SPD, is it all that?

Let's get the new car into the hands of the testers so we can read all about it.

Yes, the cars are more money. Are they worth it? Are they M3/M4 killers at bargain prices?
Sponsored