Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Not all the way through, its around 2.25 at the x-pipe.
And not that I'm going to put a lot of weight on such a nit pick but the X crossover too seems pretty shoddy to me. I've always said it looks more like a collision point than a crossover point. But I'm also not a statics and dynamics engineering either so I could be plenty ignorant. :shrug:

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
And not that I'm going to put a lot of weight on such a nit pick but the X crossover too seems pretty shoddy to me. I've always said it looks more like a collision point than a crossover point. But I'm also not a statics and dynamics engineering either so I could be plenty ignorant. :shrug:
I’ve always pondered on that x-pipe robbing you of power... but I wonder if it also helps promote cracks and pops?:shrug:

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I’ve always pondered on that x-pipe robbing you of power... but I wonder if it also helps promote cracks and pops?:shrug:
My car with the Corsa X pipe is a bowl of rice krispies. I think those noises really come from the valvetrain than the primary exhaust system, it just so happens to be that the exhaust system is directly involved because that's the loud speaker it goes through.

SVTSNAKE351

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500
Au contraire, mon ami... what good is 600hp vs 526hp if you still can’t use all 526?

What Ford did was give you better ability to use all 526hp.
All 526 works great at the track. 600 , will make it that much more greater on the track.:ford:

r1racer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
So I can go a few tenths faster and have cool lights? Ford should have stopped in 17 and had the GT500 ready to rock.

Mountain376

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Camaro SS 1LE, '16 Camaro SS, '12 Mustang GT
Road and Track:
"Exterior tweaks are minor, but essential. The grille of the GT350 has been optimized, reducing the amount of air passing into the engine bay that’s needed for cooling. This decreases the drag on the Mustang’s front end. When paired with new front and rear spoilers (and a Gurney flap option, available after the car’s launch), the aero tweaks deliver significantly greater aerodynamic efficiency, Ford says. These tweaks are also a product of what the Mustang team learned developing the upcoming GT500."

Autoblog:
"The new rear wing has an optional Gurney flap, helping downforce without adding too much drag. The other aero update is out front. The standard model now gets the grille from the GT350R. It has fewer openings, creating less front-end drag. The wing, grille and new wheels are the only visual tells that separate the current car from the 2019 model. Ford says that customers were happy with the current model's appearance."

So:
1. Which is it? Is it just the GT350R front grille and the GT350 and R have the same grille? It looks like just the R grille....

2. Is this a potential concern for engine temperatures? Or (hopefully) the changed aero helps draw air through the lower/lower-side grille openings.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
All 526 works great at the track. 600 , will make it that much more greater on the track.:ford:
A small bump would've been nice just to keep a little more of a difference between the '18 GT and GT350 - especially with the former getting some of the previously unique to the GT350 components (Mag Suspension, Dual-mode Exhaust). I'm talking something to take the GT350 just into the 55x range, keep the original ~91HP difference, or heck even to 560 for a nice even 100HP difference as the last hurrah for the GT350.

Sponsored

H@mmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/ Too Many Mods
A small bump would've been nice just to keep a little more of a difference between the '18 GT and GT350 - especially with the former getting some of the previously unique to the GT350 components (Mag Suspension, Dual-mode Exhaust). I'm talking something to take the GT350 just into the 55x range, keep the original ~91HP difference, or heck even to 560 for a nice even 100HP difference as the last hurrah for the GT350.
I mean, if we're just talking about what we would have liked to have seen them do...
I would have loved to have seen Ford do a true FPC setup. No crank counter-weights, dual intake plenums, equal length headers, etc etc.
They've had 5+ years with the Voodoo. Surely those guys are smart enough to figure out the initial packaging issues if they had put their minds to it.
Or they could have done this with the R. And dropped the weight even more. Man, that would have been sexy...

MustangGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, LB / White OTT
I'm just glad they didn't add those awful "dive planes" like the ZL1-1LE has.

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I wonder how good the new stereo will be?

I rarely listen to it, but when I do I’m extremely disappointed.

Is the new one available in any other Mustang so I could hear it?
Sponsored