Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
t5PnMFt.png

Looks like the GT is 3.5 seconds behind. They also said in the video the GT had the magneride.

They also did a 1 mile on dirt/salt race at the beginning and the Mustang finished the standing mile 6MPH faster than the camaro but failed to beat it to 60 or in the quarter

Standing Mile Dirt/Salt
GT - Camaro
157MPH - 151MPH

0-60
4.4 - 4.1

1/4 mile
12.6 - 12.5

Winner of this H2H is the 1LE but they said at the end they will re do the test when PP2 comes out in "6 months".
Never buy a manual to compare drag times. That is the lesson here.
Sponsored

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
3.5 seconds huh? Sounds like the PP2 will get beat, too. Unless those tires/wheels can make up the difference.

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
3.5 seconds huh? Sounds like the PP2 will get beat, too. Unless those tires/wheels can make up the difference.
Tires mean a lot on the track. 305s all around with SC2s vs 255F/275R PS4s could make up that much time. IMO, it is all going to come down to the limp mode issue, and when it shows up. The suspensions should be even and the PP2 has more tire.

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
the manual in the Camaro is way better then the mt82. how ever the new auto will stomp on the SS and make it eat pony shit lol

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Lieberman mentioned it comes with magneride on the PP1 option but that is not true, I really do hope it had the Magneride . If the car is that soft in track setting, then magneride should for sure be off the list for people tracking the car it looked soft judging by the vid.

t5PnMFt.png

Looks like the GT is 3.5 seconds behind. They also said in the video the GT had the magneride.

They also did a 1 mile on dirt/salt race at the beginning and the Mustang finished the standing mile 6MPH faster than the camaro but failed to beat it to 60 or in the quarter

Standing Mile Dirt/Salt
GT - Camaro
157MPH - 151MPH

0-60
4.4 - 4.1

1/4 mile
12.6 - 12.5

Winner of this H2H is the 1LE but they said at the end they will re do the test when PP2 comes out in "6 months".

Sponsored

morgande

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP Ingot Silver | 2013 Ford F150
The 1LE walks the PP GT, just like it always has. As a measusure of performance, Ford never built the GT to be as performance-focused as the 1LE.

The fact is, it was Ford engineers who wanted show a more focused GT, not ford Management. There shouldn’t be a PP2 that arrives late. The PP should be the base GT and the PP2 should be the PP. Even then I’m still not sure the PP2 will
Match up with the 1LE except for the fact it’s got Cup2 tires. That might be its saving grace but if you tire the 1LE the same as the PP2 that added benefit might go away.

I know why the PP is not as preformant as the 1LE and from a business standpoint it makes cents (see what I did there). But damn I wish they built the PP to compete properly.

chaoscentral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
I think price as tested was $49,670 using the build and price to get that exact price it came out as a

Orange Fury
401A
Performance Package 1
Magneride
Active Valve Performance Exhaust
Enhanced Security Package

So the numbers add up for it having Magneride, but it also sounds like they didn't put it in Track mode, just sport or sport plus

morgande

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP Ingot Silver | 2013 Ford F150
So the numbers add up for it having Magneride, but it also sounds like they didn't put it in Track mode, just sport or sport plus
They ran it in track mode. There is no reason they wouldn’t. They didn’t indicate which mode they were in, but I seriously doubt they ran the GT in sport plus.

What is interesting is not the timed track portion but the road test. The argument against the GT was the steering was too vague and no feel and that the GT chassis had this learning curve. After you drove it for a while and started to trust it they liked it. While the 1LE they felt was good as soon as you grabbed another gear. That speaks to how well engineered the 1LE chassis is. They built that platform to fight BMW. The problem is they ran out of money for the rest of the brand, and the cars still don’t have BMW fit, finish and refinement. But as a function of chassis it’s best in breed. Period.

Reactions: 113

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I have to say their standing mile run was pretty cool. Oh trap speeds?

Mustang 157
Camaro 151

That is a BIG difference.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I have to say their standing mile run was pretty cool. Oh trap speeds?

Mustang 157
Camaro 151

That is a BIG difference.
Yeah it sure is.

Sponsored

Nabush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SS 1LE / Corvette C7 GrandSport M7
Tires mean a lot on the track. 305s all around with SC2s vs 255F/275R PS4s could make up that much time. IMO, it is all going to come down to the limp mode issue, and when it shows up. The suspensions should be even and the PP2 has more tire.
If the PSCUP2 can make up for 1,5-2,0 s it will be the very max...

1s on a tire alone is already big...

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
If the PSCUP2 can make up for 1,5-2,0 s it will be the very max...

1s on a tire alone is already big...
It isn't a tire only change, but my experiences have been night and day differences going from a street performance to track tire (autoX). SC2s are pretty much street legal race tires. The PS4s, while great tires, are still more street performance focused.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
All this blather about who's better is just great, except that if they test them for more than 20 minutes at a time on track at 100% only the Camaro will be running, the 'stang will be parked in limp mode from overheating diff and/or trans. The SS 1LE includes coolers on all the running gear, Mustang PP2, just the engine oil heater thingie.

I cannot believe Ford would send out the PP2 as a competitor to the 1LE without including proper track cooling. Halo cars and all that shit is fine and dandy, but how about fixing an obvious shortfall with the Mustang as a track car? Did they not learn their lesson from the GT350 debacle? I think the Camaro is a butt ugly slug with piss poor ergonomics and worse outward visibility, but as a track weapon it's clearly the better of the two and cheaper too boot.

What overheating...?

Please explain how the new 5.0 Gen3 Coyote over heats, plz. Or where the old 5.0 over heated, plz...! (Seems you are confusing engines.)
Sponsored