Sponsored

any word on the Ford Racing Intake and tune?

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
I reckon intake should be on my list of things to do. I always put intakes on cars but never needed a tune of course like this car does so I've been putting it off because of the cost of these intakes because of the sct tuner. $800 is hard pill to swallow when I've never paid over $200 something on last 4 cars I've put intakes on in the last 15 years. Then again they didn't have 5.0 v8 either.

I know the ford racing intake + tune isn't going to mess with the warranty if dealer installed, dealer tuned, etc... but has anything new about it been said?

I'm looking at the JLT but with several tuners out there I have no clue who to pick from. I've also never had a tune on a car before either.

I have no interest in a non tune intake like airaid. I really don't see the point in getting that over factory airbox unless really want an acrylic window THAT bad...biggest difference is airaid has their big yellow and white logos twice on it...which I don't like and won't support unless they give me a huge discount or pay me for it to be on there...so no. that's just how I am...not a fan of free marketing or marketing I have to pay for. JLT's logo is much more subtle.

just nervous that's all but any word on the ford racing intake?
Sponsored

RSKTAKR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Just get the AIRAID CAI tube ONLY, and a k&N drop in and a tune.. right around $200 into all of it. I removed the stupid AIRAID label and it looks stock, and you retain the factory airbox for the ram air and REAL cooler air than the motor bay air. I also cutout everything I could in the factory upper and lower air box that would hinder/silence air flow. Cut that ugly thing off of the top of the lower intake box intake tube that is suppose to silence the airflow as well.

OP
OP
Khyber

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
yeah that won't cost $200 even if I wanted to do that, need the tuner too. I'd much rather go painted CO JLT then for little bit more.

RSKTAKR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I did it and it was right at $200 for the tube and filter. But anyways...

n8rfastback

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, PP, Comp Orange. 65 Fastback ,T5, 302
Got any pics RSKTAKR?

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
IIRC, last I heard the FRPP setup is supposed to be out 3rd quarter of this year. We'll see. I'm sort of waiting for it since their stuff is usually a step up in quality/fit versus others, and will run a Lund tune with it eventually.

Here's a pic of the FRPP unit that I snagged off the forum a while back. As indicated in the pic, this unit can be run with or without a tune as it comes with a restrictor.

Just the thing so you can mod in steps so the wife doesn't notice huge parts purchases on the CC. ;)
cai.jpg

Supa LA

Drop a gear and disappear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic Mustang GT PP
I'm subscribing because i would also like to keep the "warranty" as long as i can lol. However, i REALLLLY want headers. So, this may all be for not. Either way, im looking for more info on this unit.

Infamous

President of Honda
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/ PP
I'm subscribing because i would also like to keep the "warranty" as long as i can lol. However, i REALLLLY want headers. So, this may all be for not. Either way, im looking for more info on this unit.
That damn warranty lol :frusty:

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
I plan to ask the Ford Racing reps about this at the Carlisle All Ford Nationals this weekend.

OctopusWrangler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP & AP
I gave up waiting for the Ford products and went JLT/Lund.
All in all I'm real happy with the decision, and as others point out, the risk of damage as a result of either is a fraction above non-existent.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Khyber

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
I did it and it was right at $200 for the tube and filter. But anyways...
I understand that but you obviously didn't have to buy a tuner that's $400 by itself either. I'm not at all interested in something that doesn't need a tune that is still inherently the same thing as factory. Only intakes worth getting are the ones that need the tune unless someone is in it for looks but if you got all that with a tuner for $200, please let us know how!

IIRC, last I heard the FRPP setup is supposed to be out 3rd quarter of this year. We'll see. I'm sort of waiting for it since their stuff is usually a step up in quality/fit versus others, and will run a Lund tune with it eventually.

Here's a pic of the FRPP unit that I snagged off the forum a while back. As indicated in the pic, this unit can be run with or without a tune as it comes with a restrictor.

Just the thing so you can mod in steps so the wife doesn't notice huge parts purchases on the CC. ;)
yeah well jan 2015 is totally passed by there ford!

and googling that part number, it's actually the part number for the 11-14's http://www.americanmuscle.com/frpp-cobra-jet-cai-1114gt.html so who knows

and then also this from some random dealer: http://www.levittownfordsupercenter.com/ford-racing-mustang-cold-intake-p-3054.html

Last edited:

rcb020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I heard June to September time frame from Ford Performance. The one in the pic above looks identical to the Roush one I have seen.

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
FWIW, you'd still possibly void your factory warranty and have it replaced with the FRPP warranty under the best circumstances. Read the fine print and have everything in writing.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
i was planning on going this route too, but from what i've read, the gains will be negligible on the ford racing tune, and on top of that, your warranty still isn't going to be 100% safe from being voided.
Sponsored