Sponsored

A/C Evaporator Factory Defect

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
I saw on another forum that the windshield often breaks during the repair. Happen to folks here?
Sponsored

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
I saw on another forum that the windshield often breaks during the repair. Happen to folks here?
Mine didn't break. Went in with a rock chip in the windshield, came out with the same rock chip.

Prabzez_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Is the fix for the evap core only covered by the 3yr/36mi warranty, or does it also come under the 5yr/60mi one?

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Is the fix for the evap core only covered by the 3yr/36mi warranty, or does it also come under the 5yr/60mi one?
Just the 3/36 since it falls under bumper to bumper warranty, not powertrain.

Sponsored

rfcs550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby Track Pak Triple Yellow
Update.

I'm the owner of the 2016 GT350 with two evap assembly replacements in 10,000 miles due to leaking cores.

Add to the list a failed compressor!

Dealer claims the evap (Part W) is not leaking refrigerant. Why the compressor failed is anyone's guess but a refrigerant/lubricant leak is a common cause.

Three breakdowns of major components in the a/c system are grounds (under the law of my place) to rescind the contract and have Ford buy the car back.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
If you buy the extended service plan is it considered as extending the bumper to bumper?
There are different plans. There is one that is pretty much the same as the bumper to bumper, at least for parts and labor from a non-wear item failing.

I don't know about Ford but there may be differences in how you use the warranty. For example, I have the equivalent on a GM vehicle and you need to get pre-approval if the part hasn't completely failed. If you have a dealer replace something without approval because it was making a terrible noise but still otherwise functional you could make things harder on yourself. Again, don't know about Ford's warranty but make sure you know how it varies from the factory one.

FLYIN4D

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Are any of the '17+ model cars having these same issues or has it been rectified? I don't drive my car daily, so I'd hate for it to take a shit after warranty date comes before mileage.

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Update.

I'm the owner of the 2016 GT350 with two evap assembly replacements in 10,000 miles due to leaking cores.

Add to the list a failed compressor!

Dealer claims the evap (Part W) is not leaking refrigerant. Why the compressor failed is anyone's guess but a refrigerant/lubricant leak is a common cause.

Three breakdowns of major components in the a/c system are grounds (under the law of my place) to rescind the contract and have Ford buy the car back.
I had a compressor fail without a leak in my Infiniti I had before my Mustang. It can happen but it is rare. That said, Infiniti covered the repair even though I was just outside warranty, provided a loaner, and had it done the same day.

Sponsored

GJarrett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
Are any of the '17+ model cars having these same issues or has it been rectified? I don't drive my car daily, so I'd hate for it to take a shit after warranty date comes before mileage.
Mine crapped out somewhere around 20k miles last year.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
My 2017 EB crapped out at around 6000 miles last summer

5.0-50A

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Anniversary WW STICK
Go here and get a price quote. Flood Ford seems to be about the cheapest cost you'll find. And yes, they sell an official Ford extended warranty, just like you would buy directly from Ford.

https://www.floodfordesp.com/
Thank you! :hail: Just submitted and getting Premium Care right before the factory warranty is expired. Whew that was close.

x_man586

Thank you Diatoms
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White Mustang GT m6
Well my car goes in Monday for it’s first replacement. I am at 40k miles. I have the esp warranty. Let’s see what happens in the next 35k miles.
Sponsored