Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Please ignore my dirty car but I made up a custom bracket and mounted a fire extinguisher in my car for peace of mind with my methanol tank so close to sound system electrical stuff.

Made it out of an old street sign and bought a 3LB auto fire extinguisher from Home Depot for ~$30.

Here are the measurements if anyone wants to make one.

Sponsored

pike bishop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT, shadow blk, 401a, pp...
more like what mother f'n nature did...

sDB7wu.jpg

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
Wheel gap is like stuff I notice but then I have to explain to everyone else I know and they nod but have no idea what I'm talking about. OCD4Life.

Dseck63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Wheel gap is like stuff I notice but then I have to explain to everyone else I know and they nod but have no idea what I'm talking about. OCD4Life.
I know exactly what you mean. It's either this or burn through the tires I just spent $1350 on with some springs for a couple hundred bucks. After reading the collectors post on springs and the geometry I can tolerate the gap until I can afford to put a suspension I want stick with.

Learned my less on this previously. :frusty:

Sponsored

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
Installed CAI from Roush :headbang:
IMG_0155.jpg

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
[MENTION=20644]ahl395[/MENTION] Nice mod! If the extinguisher is a 10-B:C you have a 5 sec discharge time and then run. It's hard see methanal burning in the daylight. :thumbsup:
Thanks! I know its a B/C but not sure on the first number or discharge time. Either way I hope to never have to use it, my installs are all solid but it's better safe than sorry.

And yeah, I know methanol burns with an almost clear flame. One of the main reasons I'm not running straight methanol, gotta draw the line somewhere with safety on a street car. Mixing it with water makes it a little less flammable at least.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Received the e-brake cover, pretty nice for the money.
Okay, mine arrived. How did you install it? Mine came with Chinese instructions which raises the question of how many S550s are sold to Chinese buyers.

The pictures in the instructions seem to say you wrap the factory handle with some kind of plastic that allows the cover to slide on. But it didn't come with that plastic nor does it show how to remove it from between the handle and the cover when done. And if you leave it in and just trim the edges, won't the cover come off as easily as it went on?

20gnt41.png

Dare2goBare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Ruby Red Metallic
Cleaned brake dust this morning, thought I would try a swifter, works great. Anyone else use this method
Yup!
I've got the PP Wheels with lot's of spokes, I find it works great as long as the wheels are dry.
I keep the swifter in the trunk, as with my Dusting Car Wond.
2018-02-27 07.16.51.jpg

DropTopBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2017 EB Conv, Perf Pak, Borla Sport Axleback
Okay, mine arrived. How did you install it? Mine came with Chinese instructions which raises the question of how many S550s are sold to Chinese buyers.

The pictures in the instructions seem to say you wrap the factory handle with some kind of plastic that allows the cover to slide on. But it didn't come with that plastic nor does it show how to remove it from between the handle and the cover when done. And if you leave it in and just trim the edges, won't the cover come off as easily as it went on?

20gnt41.png
I think you accidentally got instructions for putting on a condom. Oh those cheeky Chinese.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I need to ignore instructions or risk having my man card revoked.

The cover just slipped on without any plastic.

Last edited:

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP

20gnt41.png
I can translate this for you:
1. check before you begin to make sure length is right
2. get a piece of food plastic wrap (or something similar)
3. cover your e-brake handle with the wrap
4. pull the new cover over the handle, use force if needed
5. yep, it goes on smoothly
6. drag the plastic wrap from underneath
Note: Seams of the leather wrap might tear if used too much force, please be gentle. Black powder on your hands after installation are normal, wipe it off with wet wipes.

Joelang33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Whippled 16 Mustang GT Premium PP
dropped her off to get my Project6gr Fives mounted, alignment, and state inspection. Going to be like a little kid on Christmas when I pick it up later. :D
Sponsored