Sponsored

GT350 brakes on GT?

sm32589g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP DIB
Anyone attempt this yet? Or think it would work? I mean they're about the same size no?
Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Fronts no point, GT's brakes are more than enough, all I would recommend is going to a two-piece disc up front to shed some pounds.

Be nice to get the Shelby rear braking system though, but then you need to make sure the brake bias would still be OK and not messed up.

OP
OP
sm32589g

sm32589g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP DIB
Fronts no point, GT's brakes are more than enough, all I would recommend is going to a two-piece disc up front to shed some pounds.

Be nice to get the Shelby rear braking system though, but then you need to make sure the brake bias would still be OK and not messed up.
I figured the gt350 front brakes were lighter with their chamfering system. I want it for the looks at weight reduc...do you have a recommended two piece? I saw a j-hook one awhile back but it was waaay too pricey.

ANOTHER thing...but IS it possible?

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
You need the 350 spindles and hubs as well. Not a bad thing at all considering that is dropping more weight. To answer your question, yes it is possible .

The jhook rotors are AP racing. They are your lightest track duty rotors, saving 10lbs per rotor. There is another slotted 2 piece rotor floating around the forums for about 500 a disc, I forgot the name though. They saved about 9 lbs or so if I remember correctly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

MtnBiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
There is another slotted 2 piece rotor floating around the forums for about 500 a disc, I forgot the name though. They saved about 9 lbs or so if I remember correctly
Girodisk I believe.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Girodisk I believe.
The most cost effective upgrade is this, changing the rotor saves you the most weight and its direct unsprung weight so you don't only shed weight but your handling, ride comfort all improve due to the suspension being able to control moving mass better.

Lightweight wheels, 2-piece rotors with lighter tyres can save upto 20lbs per corner and the results in acceleration, handling and ride comfort can be staggering. :)

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
As Divine Stike spoke to, a plus to the GT350 setup is performance to weight. It uses an aluminum knuckle so it could be lighter. So coupled with GT350 Brakes and either and OEM or lightweight rotor could really help. However IIRC there is track width differences. But the unit bearing setup is said to be much more robust when you look at the images you can see the size difference. I know the weight of the GT Spindle and bearing, just not the GT350. The GT350 knuckle and unit bearing may just be weight neutral, due to the increased size that accompanies material selection.

Reducing unsprung weight is always a plus. I am very interested to see what the optimal combo could be in terms of cost to performance and weight.

GT350 Hub, and Knuckle; the an adapter for GT/PP brake caliper, and the option of after market lightweight rotors. It would be interesting to see.

From a braking performance standpoint I have no issue with the GTPP Brembos. However I would love to cut 20-30 lbs from the front suspension.
RenderIllustration.jpg
RenderIllustration (1).jpg

CompO5.sl0w

GTFO_0021
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP / 2015 Jeep Rubicon
[MENTION=17419]ViolentDreams[/MENTION] had posted this in the Levittown Ford GT350 Parts thread a little while ago.

Seems like the rear might be a weird/interesting conversion. I really want to do it, but not much of the blazing new trails kinda guy lol. Really interested in seeing someone attempt it.

No they will not work w/regular rotors, GT350 rear rotor is 15" regular cars are 13" and the surface area that the pads use are different too.

For anyone wondering about brake fitment, everything is different up front, the knuckle/hub, brake lines, backing plate and probably the control arms/balljoints too. The GT350 caliper mounts differently, the knuckle is aluminum and it uses a hub not a spindle.

The rears look like they might bolt up, the knuckles look similar, but the parking brake is completely different. It has a shoe in hat style set up, has different e-brake cables, backing plate, theres a new bracket and the hub might be different too.

Front GT PP Caliper

GT350 Front Caliper

Regular Rear Caliper/Parking Brake

GT350 Rear Caliper and Parking Brake

Regular Front Spindle

GT350 Front Knuckle

The Real Deal - forgot to grab some pics of the rear set-up, maybe the next one :headbang:

Enzo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Enzo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
that looks like a pricey conversion lol, rather just get a brembo conversion kit.

Sponsored

D3adch1ld

Blabber Mouth
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcos
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premum w/ Performance Pack
The conversion will certainly become less expensive as the parts become more available. Even now, they are cheaper than the insane prices from Bear and Brembo.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

OP
OP
sm32589g

sm32589g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP DIB
The GT PP calipers with the AP two piece discs are a winning combination!
Yes but they don't have rears to match and are ridiculously priced. Well semi justified but still pricey. And I haven't seen any replacement disks yet for it. So if you need new rotors you have to pay $1500 again?

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
You just get the same sized discs I'm sure. I think it's the hat that is unique for the car

Anthony@HTM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Track Pack
Yes but they don't have rears to match and are ridiculously priced. Well semi justified but still pricey. And I haven't seen any replacement disks yet for it. So if you need new rotors you have to pay $1500 again?
New discs can be had for msrp at 800 dollars.
Sponsored