JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
I had been wanting either the Borla or AWE exhaust. The price of these is so tempting though. I just wish I could hear them in person.
Sponsored

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
This thread and videos convinced me to pick up a set at their sale price. The videos make it sound good, so I know it will sound better in person. This seems like a great deal/product. I'm not a huge fan of the 4 inch tips, its my preference, I may see if I can weld stock tips to them. Looking forward to the spring!

Last edited:

Jetset335

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I think you will love them. I've had several people tell me how great the car sounds. I no longer think the exhaust is too loud. If I did it again I would have tried them with the stock resonator first.
Now for a question - In my video my car has strange sound (The diesel tapping noise) at idle to about 2500 rpm. Then goes away over 2500 rpm. I can hear it very clearly in the video from when I start the car until 34 sec into. I have always thought I have an exhaust leak on the left side, but 2 trips to the dealer have had zero results. Can't find anything, normal, Blah, blah. I may go back again because of the new deeper tone of the exhaust it is easier to hear. Any Ideas? Bill, your car doesn't seem to do it. I have no performance issues or lights. (420rhp std 390lbs tq)

Jetset335

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Got it! Thanks!
I have the same CJPP H-pipe

Sponsored

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS

Jetset335

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
CJPP refunded my money.......... Now back to the muffler shop. Thanks for the help!

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
So mine are due this week and I'm not sure if I should 'rent' a pipe cutter from AZ or buy a cheap sawzall for the job. Advice anyone?

CJ Pony Parts

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cjponyparts.com
Vehicle(s)
A large variety of Mustangs across all generations
For any newcomers to the forum or members that were not aware of the threads that were originally started about the issue shown above, that is something that was addressed with the manufacturer a while ago and has since been fixed with all of our current inventory and has been for some time.

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
So mine are due this week and I'm not sure if I should 'rent' a pipe cutter from AZ or buy a cheap sawzall for the job. Advice anyone?
Adding to the tool arsenal is always the way to go. You could even get a pipe cutter and use that for a perfect cut.

Sponsored

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
Adding to the tool arsenal is always the way to go. You could even get a pipe cutter and use that for a perfect cut.
You can never have enough tools but I hesitate to buy for a single use. Of course a sawzall can be used for lots of things...sort of like my dremel. Just have to be careful and not go crazy with the cheese whiz :lol:

One more thought...I do have 2 air tools that might work, cut off wheel and high speed metal saw. Just don't know if the access would be good enough.

Last edited:

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
Drop the rear hangers and the mufflers hangers and you'll have all the access you need! A grinding wheel would work and would be a quick job.
Sponsored