GT350 On The Brain

MulhollandMonster

Laus Deo
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
That's part of the problem I had with the Camaro 2SS. It felt unhinged. I think most would consider that a good thing, but I just didn't like it. I felt like I was jugging fire with it. I drove it the same day I drove the M4 and was like, eh.

The GT I had was just close enough. I think it's a beautiful car. Definitely have it on the brain.
Well, the GT350 is better than close enough, it is superior to the GT from a handling perspective by a significant margin. She is still a naturally aspirated brute that requires a trained hand to really throw.
Sponsored

VooDoo387R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R & 2020 GT500
Get a GT350, you won't be disappointed, it's a beast. I bought my R sight unseen and love it. I never even saw or heard one in person (R or none R), but from all the online reviews on YouTube. I knew I wouldn't regret it.

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Surprised you didn’t go focus rs.

I wouldn’t buy a gt350 until the 500 drops. You should be able to find good deals on used R once 500 mania hits, at least initially.

Siggy550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
Just traded a GT Premium with both cosmetic and performance upgrades for GT350. They are completely different cars. Sorry regular 5.0 owners (haven't driven new 5.0, so just speaking of 11-14 and 15-17), GT feels like a car with truck motor in it after driving 350. I used to own E46 M3, think character more inline with the NA M3s of the past, but way faster and with a great transmission. I've owned so many Mustangs, honestly the 350 doesn't feel like a Mustang. It feels way more German with American twist. Seriously, the motor and transmission are just unbelievable. That said, they are more challenging to live with like worrying about your splitter every time you take an entrance somewhere.

OP
OP

WarrENDeatH

The Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R 'Hellbat'
Surprised you didn’t go focus rs.

I wouldn’t buy a gt350 until the 500 drops. You should be able to find good deals on used R once 500 mania hits, at least initially.
In my humble opinion, the Type R is better. I drove my buddies in that sharp blue. I believe the Type R also made him jealous. Why I have a hard time letting it go. It’s really quite special.

What is the best price for these GT350s? A few dealers sent me stuff. I’m assuming they won’t ler you test drive either?

Sponsored

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
In my humble opinion, the Type R is better. I drove my buddies in that sharp blue. I believe the Type R also made him jealous. Why I have a hard time letting it go. It’s really quite special.

What is the best price for these GT350s? A few dealers sent me stuff. I’m assuming they won’t ler you test drive either?
Some will allow a test drive. Not sure what you can get them for right now. But, surely, when the GT500 comes out used 350s will be in good supply.

OP
OP

WarrENDeatH

The Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Some will allow a test drive. Not sure what you can get them for right now. But, surely, when the GT500 comes out used 350s will be in good supply.
I’ve considered waiting. Waiting is a have to anyways. House comes first. GT500 would probably push the budget far too much. I love my wife

I was showing her pics of the one I found and she just kept rolling her eyes. Pretty sure she reached for a steak knife.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
You make me want to get a CTR...
Those things were beaten SO hard with the ugly stick, though. I guess some people must like that crying ninja look.

And fit and finish is terrible on the new Civics.

jefc73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff GTFO_0019
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I built a whippled 15 GT and I loved the power. I also re did the suspension and it was really really good but...the 350 is a whole differant ballgame. All I can say is you wont be dissappointed. I got my R in October so didnt get but around 350 miles on it before i had to put it away. Now i have close to 1000 and have been opening it up a bit more and holy shit what a ride. The engine is just insane. Screams...literally. Powerband up top is awesome and the handling....unmatched. GET ONE! :thumbsup:

Sponsored
OP
OP

WarrENDeatH

The Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You make me want to get a CTR...
It is a fantastic car. An excellent punch in the pants in the early 2Ks. I've hit corners I wouldn't dare in my GT. Ridiculously flat. Zero torque steer. The wheel never fights you. First thing everyone always says when driving it is, "How?" It's quite incredible. It did well in the snow.

Those things were beaten SO hard with the ugly stick, though. I guess some people must like that crying ninja look.

And fit and finish is terrible on the new Civics.
I will agree to an extent. I think it is one of the few cars on the planet that is truly ugly in certain colors and not in others. Black/White are the saving colors. It looks disgusting in red.

I'll have to disagree with the fit and finish. It's far better than that of my GT. It is no premium car, that's for sure. Something quite spectacular about sitting in a well built car (I always think of the Cayman's, honestly).

That being said, I've never been in a car that evokes so much attention/respect.

Sounds like a Shelby GT350 to me!
This is what I've heard.

OP
OP

WarrENDeatH

The Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I built a whippled 15 GT and I loved the power. I also re did the suspension and it was really really good but...the 350 is a whole differant ballgame. All I can say is you wont be dissappointed. I got my R in October so didnt get but around 350 miles on it before i had to put it away. Now i have close to 1000 and have been opening it up a bit more and holy shit what a ride. The engine is just insane. Screams...literally. Powerband up top is awesome and the handling....unmatched. GET ONE! :thumbsup:
I definitely miss that sound. That sound was ridiculous in the GT. I couldn't imagine the GT350.

OP
OP

WarrENDeatH

The Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've emailed around to a few dealers. Cheapest price I've seen is 58,135. I had a dealer email me a base 17 for 60k and said they wouldn't budge.

It would take an epic deal to get me out of the Type R. I've considered it but can't seem to pull the trigger. I think the escalating cost scares me a bit. I always assumed my next car to replace the Type R would be something premium too.

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Get a 1 owner lightly used car and save 8-10K.

Once the GT500 hits they will drop a bit more but they will probably bottom out around the $45k range for lower mile used cars and stay there for a while.
Sponsored