Sponsored

Dynamic Diode Switchback fell out

catchthecarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum Premium GT
I bought a set of the switchback bulbs recently and here's my experience.

Easy install, remove 3 push pins from front of fender liner to access the socket.

Passenger side bulb was not the same cool white color as the DS, it had an noticeable amber tint to it. I removed it and reinstalled again to make certain it was seated correctly. Same result. Snapped some pictures and sent them to DD. Replacement bulb was sent, hassle free.

Before the replacement arrived the PS bulb fell out. Fished the bulb out from the lens and reinstalled again. I never heard or felt any type of click when installing this bulb, I tried rotating it 180 but no click. It stayed put until replacement arrived. Replaced bulb and it matched the DS side color wise. I never felt or heard a click with this bulb either but so far so good, it's still in the socket.

Pro: These do look nice and I prefer the look over the the stock bulbs. Easy to install. Great customer service, they stand behind their products.

Con: Bulb fishing is no fun.
Sponsored

BoosTang23T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
Got mines installed this weekend. I did encounter the bulb falling off on the left side, but after pushing it in hard, it stayed put. I might of received an older batch. If it happens again I will contact DD for a replacement for their newer revision.

[ame]

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Got mines installed this weekend. I did encounter the bulb falling off on the left side, but after pushing it in hard, it stayed put. I might of received an older batch. If it happens again I will contact DD for a replacement for their newer revision.

If you are experiencing any issues with it clicking in-place, please give us a call right away: (314) 205-3033

There's no older batch at this point, we made the change over a year ago. The base molds were redesigned to prevent that from happening.

Make sure it's clicking in place, if not, contact us and we will get you fixed up.

Thanks!
Nick C.

BoosTang23T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you are experiencing any issues with it clicking in-place, please give us a call right away: (314) 205-3033

There's no older batch at this point, we made the change over a year ago. The base molds were redesigned to prevent that from happening.

Make sure it's clicking in place, if not, contact us and we will get you fixed up.

Thanks!
Nick C.
I just called and also sent the info via email. Waiting on DD to get back to me with some replacements approval. I encountered the issue twice now. The thing is I bought these through eBay and not sure if they are an authorized seller, but hopefully DD can help me out.

JKL1031

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP Premium
ebay,,oohh shoo.

Mine went on pretty tough BTW, they shouldn't be coming out. Ordered through lethal. Im more concerned about the smaller 194 bulb falling out, but it has a much lighter mass/inertia.

Sponsored

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
I just called and also sent the info via email. Waiting on DD to get back to me with some replacements approval. I encountered the issue twice now. The thing is I bought these through eBay and not sure if they are an authorized seller, but hopefully DD can help me out.
Please be sure to include pictures of what you received, along with the seller's information so we can determine if it's our product. This is something we've addressed with the design almost two and a half years ago.

Nick C.

BoosTang23T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please be sure to include pictures of what you received, along with the seller's information so we can determine if it's our product. This is something we've addressed with the design almost two and a half years ago.

Nick C.
I sent everything they requested. However, they recommended me to adjust the pins and use electrical tape. I told the agent that I was told I can get replacements. Here is the direct quote from the email. I went ahead and requested a replacement regardless and sent them my address... Hopefully they send me a new pair because it would suck to do what they recommended.

"Thanks for reaching out. I do apologize, however we did resolve that issue 2+ years ago, and have not sold any of those older generation bulb bases for quite some time. More than likely, you would just need to adjust the pins at the base of the bulb outward toward a 45 degree angle, as that will apply pressure inside of the socket and help keep the bulb in place. Additionally, you can try applying a small amount of electrical tape around the bulb/socket once the bulb is inserted. If you have any other questions about this or anything else, please don't hesitate to let me know!"

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
I sent everything they requested. However, they recommended me to adjust the pins and use electrical tape. I told the agent that I was told I can get replacements. Here is the direct quote from the email. I went ahead and requested a replacement regardless and sent them my address... Hopefully they send me a new pair because it would suck to do what they recommended.

"Thanks for reaching out. I do apologize, however we did resolve that issue 2+ years ago, and have not sold any of those older generation bulb bases for quite some time. More than likely, you would just need to adjust the pins at the base of the bulb outward toward a 45 degree angle, as that will apply pressure inside of the socket and help keep the bulb in place. Additionally, you can try applying a small amount of electrical tape around the bulb/socket once the bulb is inserted. If you have any other questions about this or anything else, please don't hesitate to let me know!"
I'm told we have a replacement set on the way to you. Again, this is something we've resolved over two and a half years ago, but if the problem persists, it's likely due to your vehicle itself. If you've inserted and removed bulbs numerous times, it may have loosened the socket up a bit.

Thank you,
Nick C.

BoosTang23T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm told we have a replacement set on the way to you. Again, this is something we've resolved over two and a half years ago, but if the problem persists, it's likely due to your vehicle itself. If you've inserted and removed bulbs numerous times, it may have loosened the socket up a bit.

Thank you,
Nick C.
Yes I just got the email from DD. Once I receive the replacement, I will try it. I have not replaced bulbs on my vehicle at all... This is the first time I change the bulbs so it should be good. I will update this thread once I receive the new sets.

Thanks again DD!

Southview

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herby
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible
Even with the updated bulbs,I still pulled the pins out a little. It held the bulb even tighter in the socket. :cheers:

Sponsored

BoosTang23T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did a video showing the issue and the recommendations... Thanks again Diode Dynamics for helping me out... Can't wait to have the new replacement bulbs!

[ame]

catchthecarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Both marker lights that came with my turn signal kit have started to flicker. I noticed the passenger side flickering on Thursday, today the driver side has the same issue. Wondering if it's temperature related? It's been frigid here the past 2 weeks. I pulled the passenger side marker and tried the factory bulb, no flicker. On a positive note I pulled the turn signal switchback while I was in there and definitely felt and heard it click into the socket. Not worried, I've contacted DD and I'm sure they will get it sorted.

[ame]

catchthecarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I put the stock bulbs back in, I'm getting good at it....l

mojo2008

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS
Both marker lights that came with my turn signal kit have started to flicker. I noticed the passenger side flickering on Thursday, today the driver side has the same issue. Wondering if it's temperature related? It's been frigid here the past 2 weeks. I pulled the passenger side marker and tried the factory bulb, no flicker. On a positive note I pulled the turn signal switchback while I was in there and definitely felt and heard it click into the socket. Not worried, I've contacted DD and I'm sure they will get it sorted.

I’m interested to hear how this works out. I have the same on both sides. I haven’t checked how well they are seated though.
Sponsored