Status
Not open for further replies.

Endokendal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Ruby Red
I'm getting a 2018 and holding onto it forever
(yeah, right... that's what I said about my 2015)...
Sponsored

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
I sure hope we don't have to switch to a bowtie if we want an american performance car :headbonk:
There’s always Dodge if you don’t mind staying in a straight line :D

marjen

2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang Ecoboost premium
Well I guess I don’t need to worry about wanting the next gen now. 2018 GT here I come.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
While Ford could soldier on for a while with the S550 platform, they really need to trim some weight if they want to keep making the required progress on fuel economy. A clean sheet could probably also make the platform more hybrid friendly.

Sponsored

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT Premium, '80 Porsche 924 Turbo
I'm not too keen on this, but I cannot see any reason why the S550 couldn't soldier on past 2020 with new packages and colors to keep the masses interested.

MikeyPee

dissmember
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 IS Premium GT w/PP
Got my eyes on a C8. Whutevah

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
There will still be an S650... it will just now be a modified updated S550 which itself was an S197.

::shrugs:: Ford going back to its old ways. I too remember Ford selling practically the same Mustang underneath for almost 3 decades but that was at a time when the other domestics and even a lot of the japanese were doing the same thing. But nowadays platform clean sheets are for big mutli brand companies ...

steph93lx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 301A A10, Modded N/A 1993 coupe 5.0L
Well before I take a sky is falling attitude. I'll wait til I read this from a more reliable source. I'm old enough to remember the fox platform with its 14 year run. And how they almost switched the Mustang to front drive in 94.
Lol yeah in 89 the fwd Ford probe was supposed to replace the Mustang. It nearly cause a riot, ok I am exaggerated but for sure Mustang fans were not happy and we know the rest of the storie

Last edited:

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I've never heard of this website until 5 minutes ago and the whole article is written with a slant against Ford. Also, if some insider had some big scoop like this, don't you think they'd talk to a bigger publication? Lastly, it mentions Ford was planning to benchmark the S650 against the BMW 3 series...and 5 series...which makes no sense. Why benchmark against a big 4 door luxury sedan? This whole thing reeks of B.S.

Sponsored

Vernichtung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I've never heard of this website until 5 minutes ago and the whole article is written with a slant against Ford. Also, if some insider had some big scoop like this, don't you think they'd talk to a bigger publication? Lastly, it mentions Ford was planning to benchmark the S650 against the BMW 3 series...and 5 series...which makes no sense. Why benchmark against a big 4 door luxury sedan? This whole thing reeks of B.S.
Bingo.

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
The website may be, but the main claim...

Vernichtung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
The website may be, but the main claim...
Was S650 ever really meant to be a “clean sheet” redesign, though? I thought all indications show it being a derivative of the upcoming CD6 architecture unless that is the result of the cancellation of the clean-sheet redesign in and of itself.

Forgive my rambling...

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
When they say 3 and 5 series I kind of assumed the M3/M4 vs GT and M5 vs GT500 (and purely on performance). But, yea, regardless, this sounds pretty much like BS. “Pushed back”, sure - cancelled? Lol, come on, son. :p
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.