S650 cancelled?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP 401A, Roush 727
It wouldn't surprise me if the S650 is pushed off a little bit. With some bumps in HP, interior etc the Mustang can fend off attacks for a while. I would HOPE this will let Ford really do some cool stuff with the next gen.

I DO know that Ford is not dropping the Explorer, F150, or Mustang lines, but all the others are in question. Ford is going to be rolling out a shocking number of new Battery/Hybrid cars in the next couple years...

And really stepping up the autonomous features. I would love to say more.. but NDA and all.
Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Why does it suck? It has advantages over any type of differential and can be tuned to act like an open, torsen, clutch type, and most importantly, be active and vector torque.
I'll have to chase some reading on this.

I can understand when I'd want any of the first three, but I don't think I want the handling of my car artificially influenced by yet another computer (and somebody else's notion of my car's inherent understeer/oversteer handling balance or how it should be driven).

Norm

Last edited:

bee bop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 GT Vert, 2016 GT Vert
I tell you Hackett is doing a bang up job of raising the stock prices. So far I am down 12.39%. I can see the S650 slipping back to its original date, but why not bring the next get Fiesta, Fist, and RS to the US. There is a B Car Segment here in the US just not large right now. Personally I think there are too many SUVs, and CUVs on the market now. What good is it going to do when the Suv Craze dies off and you do not have a Viable Car to sell.

Sorry Just had to rant.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I tell you Hackett is doing a bang up job of raising the stock prices. So far I am down 12.39%. I can see the S650 slipping back to its original date, but why not bring the next get Fiesta, Fist, and RS to the US. There is a B Car Segment here in the US just not large right now. Personally I think there are too many SUVs, and CUVs on the market now. What good is it going to do when the Suv Craze dies off and you do not have a Viable Car to sell.

Sorry Just had to rant.
I agree but the only thing that matters right now is high profit suv's and cuv's.
Its all because the stock market only case about maximum profit that's why Lockheed Martin is getting away with screwing us the taxpayers.

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
Meet the 2021 S650 Mustang
Hey! Let's not go bashing on the PintoStang! ;) If you never sat in a line at the gas station wondering whether they were going to have gas by the time you got to the pump, you wouldn't understand the reasons for this car. It was styled by Ghia, MT car of the year in 74, and actually a decent ride with the optional Cologne V6. It's also the first official 5.0!

Sponsored

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BMW M2, 2023 Mazda CX-30
Hey! Let's not go bashing on the PintoStang! ;) If you never sat in a line at the gas station wondering whether they were going to have gas by the time you got to the pump, you wouldn't understand the reasons for this car. It was styled by Ghia, MT car of the year in 74, and actually a decent ride with the optional Cologne V6. It's also the first official 5.0!
I remember doing this as a passenger in my parent's hoopty...With a few exceptions, the 70's and early 80's were not very kind to the performance car market. Oh how times have changed!!!

analogman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Why, bee bop? Because Hackett and the Ford family don't care about what happens when/if the SUV/CUV craze dies down, because that's in the future. That could be years away. they only care about the stock price right now.

The only two ways to raise profits are either increase sales (the fundamental way), or cut costs. It's a lot easier (and doesn't take any brains) to just cut costs, and that's what Hackett is doing.

The future... he'll be long gone, retired and cashed out his stock options. He doesn't care about that.

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
I remember doing this as a passenger in my parent's hoopty...With a few exceptions, the 70's and early 80's were not very kind to the performance car market. Oh how times have changed!!!
My experience also. My dad's 74 Ghia coupe with the Cologne V6 may be what started my mustang obsession. Before smog, you could hop up those engines nicely! IIRC, even the big bad Camaro 350 made a pathetic 160hp (from the factory) by the mid 70s. Probably lucky to get 110 at the wheel. They were sad days indeed for muscle and pony cars! Good thing Ford reignited the pony car wars with the 79 Mustang!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.