And nekro'd

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
Sponsored

RobD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mustang GT
Another thought about this resonator tube thing is the potential it may leak intake smells into the car. This would happen with the car off obviously and while only a slight chance of happening wouldn't that just piss you off.

CB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, Black, PP
I wear ear buds under my helmet. I have my phone volume up to max with a recording of a top fuel dragster. Coming out of every stop sign I hit play and floor it.

Sponsored

Macfarland

MacFastang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Prius III Touring
I actually removed the foam in the tube and it sounds amazing. I like it very loud. One of the reasons I love American V8s!!

Iceman2733

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
pretty much,it was the dumbest thing I have ever seen added to

an engine bay and for no good reason

I agree big time, maybe ford should have spend less time messing with this and more time making the car have an actual V8 tone from it. Plus have the sound Come out where it is suppose to, the tail pipes lol. Compared to most over vehicles of this nature this car makes barely any noise from the outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Qwkynuf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT
I agree big time, maybe ford should have spend less time messing with this and more time making the car have an actual V8 tone from it. Plus have the sound Come out where it is suppose to, the tail pipes lol. Compared to most over vehicles of this nature this car makes barely any noise from the outside.

Noise =/= Power
Noise =/= Fast
Noise == Noise, and therefore has no inherent value.

If noise is what you are after, why don't you just tape your horn button down? Cheap, easy mod.

Iceman2733

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
Noise =/= Power

Noise =/= Fast

Noise == Noise, and therefore has no inherent value.

If noise is what you are after, why don't you just tape your horn button down? Cheap, easy mod.

Or better yet I could put Corsa Xtreme cat back on my car like I did, and actually hear the motor running. Sad stock full size trucks are louder than these cars from the factory if people wanna hear intake noise good for them most of us on here all want to hear actually noise from the pipes

Excelerater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT

I wonder what those POSs cost to make,it looks like something
out of a kids school project

Sponsored

Charles147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PP w/50AP
*sniff sniff* I'm smelling some freshly made steamed rice. LOL.

5ABI VT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
I have to be honest. I just did the steeda CAI and tune and I removed my sound tube. At first I thought the sound of the exhaust had changed slightly making it much quieter until I just realized it was because I removed the sound tube. Quite surprised at the noise it made I rather liked it. Thing is its really ugly and it does clutter the engine bay so I will leave it out. Someone above mentioned there was foam inside and can be removed which is a great idea but Ill have to consider it before wanting to put it back on. Ill likely just do longtubes.. and because I like polishing stuff without the tube the headers will at least be a little visible.

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
Or better yet I could put Corsa Xtreme cat back on my car like I did, and actually hear the motor running. Sad stock full size trucks are louder than these cars from the factory if people wanna hear intake noise good for them most of us on here all want to hear actually noise from the pipes
Ford V8s have always been on the "quieter" side but thankfully there are tons of pipes out there that let them be brutally loud. For me the volume doesn't do it, its more of the tone and feel.

Charles147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PP w/50AP
Ford V8s have always been on the "quieter" side but thankfully there are tons of pipes out there that let them be brutally loud. For me the volume doesn't do it, its more of the tone and feel.
Agree. Tone is more important than volume.

Even if Ford made louder pipes, owners would still go aftermarket to save weight and find a different sound that suits their individual taste. In my experience, it's very rare to find a V8 Mustang with stock exhaust.

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
I actually removed the foam in the tube and it sounds amazing. I like it very loud. One of the reasons I love American V8s!!
I want to do this..is it easily done?
Sponsored