Sponsored

Redline interior too much for a daily driver?

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
I think it looks great, but would be worried I would grow tired of it.
That is my concern - I think it looks great, and if I were renting a car for a weekend, or buying this as my third car or something I'd definitely pick it. But for a daily driver that I'm going to keep for at least several years, I'm worried I'll start to wish I just had a neutral black interior.

Been trying to find one in person to look at here in Colorado, with no luck.
I don't quite get the 'grow tired' sentiment. It's fine one day and then all the sudden, 'pow!' it's not?

I have have had red seats/interior for the past 3.5 years now and notice (and love) them every single time I get into the car. I can't imagine not having the red line interior.
Sponsored

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I have redline and I think it's an awesome color with my magnetic interior. Nothing but compliments from everyone. Even my wife doesn't hate it and she hates the color red.

My only gripe with the red leather is it becomes dirty often. You need to clean it about once a month because you will notice [discoloration/staining/dirt?] in only a month's time. But it only takes a leather cleaner and a few minutes to clean it up anyway.

Iceman2733

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
I have redline and I think it's an awesome color with my magnetic interior. Nothing but compliments from everyone. Even my wife doesn't hate it and she hates the color red.

My only gripe with the red leather is it becomes dirty often. You need to clean it about once a month because you will notice [discoloration/staining/dirt?] in only a month's time. But it only takes a leather cleaner and a few minutes to clean it up anyway.
Thanks for the info about getting dirty I am in the process of looking for a new car and was looking at just this option. I work in a dirty environment so I might have to rule it out now.... Could you possible post up pics of your vehicle you can PM me the pics if easier. I am looking at a magnetic with redline so your pics might help push me over to get it lol

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
Thanks for the info about getting dirty I am in the process of looking for a new car and was looking at just this option. I work in a dirty environment so I might have to rule it out now.... Could you possible post up pics of your vehicle you can PM me the pics if easier. I am looking at a magnetic with redline so your pics might help push me over to get it lol
I'm interested in this as well!

Sponsored

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
Wisht he guard came in other interior trims than the ebony. both red and yellow could look very good in that car.

these pictures are making me want to change to Magnetic or DIB just for the sweet red interior. But no i must not sway from the guard

OP
OP

aerodyn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP 6MT Magnetic / Redline
I don't quite get the 'grow tired' sentiment. It's fine one day and then all the sudden, 'pow!' it's not?

I have have had red seats/interior for the past 3.5 years now and notice (and love) them every single time I get into the car. I can't imagine not having the red line interior.
Well, for me, it's the same as people worried about whether they would get tired of having the Performance Package on their daily driver. A stiff, firm, sporty ride would be fun at first, but after a few months of commuting into work every day over potholed streets you might get tired of it and wish you had a softer suspension.

Along the same lines - the red looks great and is exciting and fun, but in a few months you might get tired of the loud and exciting interior and just wish you had gone for something more neutral.

Putting it like that just helped me make up my mind actually...I'm not buying a damn Camry here...PP and Redline interior it is.

Reactions: 113

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
if pp is too stiff, firm, harsh for you. then you're too old because it's not! lol

Reactions: 113

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I care about infotainment
Well, for me, it's the same as people worried about whether they would get tired of having the Performance Package on their daily driver. A stiff, firm, sporty ride would be fun at first, but after a few months of commuting into work every day over potholed streets you might get tired of it and wish you had a softer suspension.

Along the same lines - the red looks great and is exciting and fun, but in a few months you might get tired of the loud and exciting interior and just wish you had gone for something more neutral.

Putting it like that just helped me make up my mind actually...I'm not buying a damn Camry here...PP and Redline interior it is.
PP ride isn't harsh at all; it just feels responsive while the standard GT feels floaty, at least to me. You won't regret the PP.

if pp is too stiff, firm, harsh for you. then you're too old because it's not! lol
Yep. PP feels excellent on the road. The IRS smooths out bumps anyway. My S197 had a harsher ride than my PP.

Sponsored

DanenGraham

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT prem auto
If anyone wants to trade their red interior for my black +$500 I'm game!

Wish my car had it. Looks amazing.

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
I love the black and white stitching in my TY car...looks amazing. Red line is thankfully NOT offered with that color...

However, if I purchased white, silver, black or gray (all boring colors to me) no question I would spice it up with the gorgeous red line....

DIB is a lovely awesome color and would look killer with red line...probably my second choice...

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
Magnetic with redline interior. Best quick shot I have available. I love mine.
20150805_084111.jpg

4Mustangs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT 50th Anniversary AP Black
I have a 2014 convertible, race red, with the premium red leather. I bought this car used from a friend who ordered it like that. At first I thought red exterior with red interior is WAY too much red. My car even has a red steering wheel...

After a year of owning this car I have to say... I NOW LOVE THE RED INTERIOR!!! I grew on me. Its different, its cool, its retro (classic Mustangs came with ALL red interiors, including dashboard and carpet, this car only has the seats, door inserts and steering wheel red).

In comparison, my 2015 is ALL black, like a dark black cavern, with a black exterior color as well. This one is classy and elegant, the convertible is a "look at me" extrovert.

I´d definitely consider the red interior if I were you. Black, white or magnetic exterior with a red interior is an awesome combo!

4Mustangs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT 50th Anniversary AP Black
Oh just forgot to mention that the red leather does get dirty quite easy, so if you want it to look bright red instead of becoming darker, keep it clean...
Sponsored